The Student Room Group

A dilemma

I want to do medicine in uni but my AS grades are not good enough. Therefore, I am planning to apply for biomedical sciences which give me an option to apply for medicine after completing biomedical sciences. However, the universities that offer medicine degree as a postgraduate degree, want an upper-class degree.
So, my question is that shall I look for other options? as If I don't pass biomedical sciences with 1:1, I have to carry on doing biomedical sciences as a career which I don't want or shall I take a risk to apply for medicine through biomedical sciences.
Thanking you in advance
Original post by zuli3211
I want to do medicine in uni but my AS grades are not good enough. Therefore, I am planning to apply for biomedical sciences which give me an option to apply for medicine after completing biomedical sciences. However, the universities that offer medicine degree as a postgraduate degree, want an upper-class degree.
So, my question is that shall I look for other options? as If I don't pass biomedical sciences with 1:1, I have to carry on doing biomedical sciences as a career which I don't want or shall I take a risk to apply for medicine through biomedical sciences.
Thanking you in advance

Just carry on with Biomed Science and see what you got? An upper-class is anything above 60% which is a 2:1 and you will need that with pretty much most grad jobs anyway.

So stick with it as you don't need a 1st as you've got it confused. All you need is a 2:1 which is hard in general but not impossible. It's a standard requirement for a lot of postgrad study.
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Just carry on with Biomed Science and see what you got? An upper-class is anything above 60% which is a 2:1 and you will need that with pretty much most grad jobs anyway.

So stick with it as you don't need a 1st as you've got it confused. All you need is a 2:1 which is hard in general but not impossible. It's a standard requirement for a lot of postgrad study.

Thank you very much for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest