The Student Room Group

OMG! Is it too late? Wrong Uni decision

So today via UCAS I confirmed a University placement. But now after thinking it through, I think I might wanna go to a different one after all. Is it too late?:frown:
W
Original post by KINGYusuf
So today via UCAS I confirmed a University placement. But now after thinking it through, I think I might wanna go to a different one after all. Is it too late?:frown:

Well first of all, does your other uni that you're interested in have extra places for on the course you want to study on?

I mean, if you confirmed your offer then, you accepted and legally, you belong to that uni so they are under no obligation to release you now that you accepted.

Your best bet is now to phone them up and ask them to release you from that course. However, then you have to apply through clearing and even then, you won't be guaranteed your ideal uni if they have no spaces or if they just refuse you.

So I would think real hard about this and sleep on it. Wake up tomorrow; research the preferred uni their accommodation; private student accom in the town in case you need to sort your own accom out as this is a HUGE problem for clearing students. You should also consider things like the city, where you might be living how good the uni is in terms of student satisfaction etc.

Good luck hon!

Quick Reply

Latest