The Student Room Group

Asked a girl out, she said the timing wasnt right, what next?

So I managed to garner the courage to ask a girl out as I had been talking to her a while & wanted to get to know her better in a more convenient environment. She reacted fairly positively but said the timing wasn't right due to just breaking up with her BF & getting her A-level results & going to Uni & stuff. Just wondering what should I do now? Should I pursue other girls in the meantime or just wait & see if she gets back to me? Many thanks :smile:
YES MAN! GET IN! WELL DONE DUDE!! :smile: Seriously, like, proud of you. Keep up with the confidence, ya'hear me?

As for what you should do; pretty much nothing at this stage. The ball is in her court. Keep up communication by all means, but perhaps dial back a bit/don't initiate as much. It's not game-playing, it's showing that you're respecting the fact she has a lot going on and you're giving her time to deal with that.

Pursue other girls in the mean time, but don't make it obvious. At the end of the day you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket, but you also don't want to come across as a bit of a player.
Haha thanks man, appreciate it :five: I was a bit nervous as I wasn't sure if I was bothering her/coming across as creepy but was just like, "what's the worst that could happen" and went for it! Oh right cool, yeah that's what I thought. Give her a bit of space and she if she's interested later on, but I can't exactly expect her to come to me. Surely I would pursue other girls in the meantime to improve my chances right? :smile:
Original post by Multitalented me
Surely I would pursue other girls in the meantime to improve my chances right? :smile:

That's what I said. :smile: Just don't make it obvious! :smile:
Oh yeah sorry lol, didn't read that part :colonhash: Yeah exactly, don't want to be misconceived as a player! :smile:
As above! It's great that you stepped forward and asked a girl out. Don't worry about the time, she knows you're interested, so it's her move. See the other girls out there, you don't want to put all your hopes into a "maybe" .
Reply 6
So I managed to garner the courage to ask a girl out as I had been talking to her a while & wanted to get to know her better in a more convenient environment. She reacted fairly positively but said the timing wasn't right due to just breaking up with her BF & getting her A-level results & going to Uni & stuff. Just wondering what should I do now? Should I pursue other girls in the meantime or just wait & see if she gets back to me? Many thanks :smile:

I think she might have been letting you down gently she seems to have a lot going on in her life and she dosent seem ready for another relationship quickly especially with her going to uni and getting ready for her next stage in life. If i were you i would meet other women and if its meant to be you will be together if not you won't if there is a chance you could be a friend for her and hang out with her and get to know her then it may increase your chance if thats not possible then let her get back to you but dont pin all your hopes on her and risk missing out on other girls.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by stargirl63
As above! It's great that you stepped forward and asked a girl out. Don't worry about the time, she knows you're interested, so it's her move. See the other girls out there, you don't want to put all your hopes into a "maybe" .

Original post by chikane
I think she might have been letting you down gently she seems to have a lot going on in her life and she dosent seem ready for another relationship quickly especially with her going to uni and getting ready for her next stage in life. If i were you i would meet other women and if its meant to be you will be together if not you won't if there is a chance you could be a friend for her and hang out with her and get to know her then it may increase your chance if thats not possible then let her get back to you but dont pin all your hopes on her and risk missing out on other girls.
Yeah thank you! :smile: Well the balls in her court now, I let her know that I was interested, so did my part. Now it's up to her to come back if she feels the same. I could become her friend I suppose & hope she catches feelings & stuff. Anyway getting to know other girls is probably the best bet at the moment as I don't want to be waiting for ages, on someone who I'm not sure on.
Baby steps, my friend.
One small success (asking a girl out) will lead to greater things.

When you finally start pulling on a regular basis, don't forget about lil ol' Kirky over here. :wink:
Reply 9

Dead as a dodo mate
Original post by IYGB
Dead as a dodo mate
Never know she might come back to me :tongue:
Reply 11

Move on before you are too old:biggrin:
****, this thread has inspired me. Inspired me to pursue what I want and never back down. I have had countless chances in the past to get with some pretty sexy girls, like 8/10. But I was either scared and couldn't get the courage, or was indecisive and waited too long. But deep down I know what to do, befriend them, talk to them, allow them to grow an attachment to you and go from there. Thanks for posting this thread brother. You probably didn't expect you'd be helping someone else I bet! :u:
Reply 13

Cut her off and find someone else.
I think she wants some time alone.
Original post by IYGB

Haha, bantz :tongue: but seriously I can't exactly get too fixated on her, she seemed a nice girl, who shared some similar interests but I can't wait around on someone who might never feel the same way about me.

Original post by saraxh
I think she wants some time alone.

Yeah I think so aha :smile:
Haha, bantz :tongue: but seriously I can't exactly get too fixated on her, she seemed a nice girl, who shared some similar interests but I can't wait around on someone who might never feel the same way about me.

Yeah I think so aha :smile:

You should ask her after she has her time alone. Maybe a few weeks idk
I had this happen to me earlier in the year - it's simply not going to be worth "making it work" if she says no
Original post by saraxh
You should ask her after she has her time alone. Maybe a few weeks idk
Maybe, I think a few weeks probably is not enough time to be honest :smile: I'm didn't actually feel that bad come to think of it as she was so nice & polite about everything plus I'm talking to some other girls anyway. There's a few others I want to make a move on to show them I see them as more than a friend but just need to know if they're single/get the timing right haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending