The Student Room Group

I dont want to tell people my results and need a good excuse please help!!!

I finished my GCSE`S and am waiting for the results but I was quite confident at the time that I would pass but now as results day is only a week away I am dying like literally. I have such a strong feeling I am going to fail everything, I dont mind telling my parents my results even if I fail, its extended family and friends I dont want to tell, aunties uncles e.t.c also I have a clever cousin who did her GCSE`S as well and I know 100% that she is going to get all A* and I am not that bad my predicted grades are B`s and a couple of A`s but still I need a good excuse to tell people when they ask about my results please help...
You say "I don't want to tell you". There. Case closed.

(Honestly, at the end of the day it's your business and your business alone. If you don't want to tell anybody, you can say it exactly like that).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just say, "I need to go pee, brb"
If it's a day or so later then say 'I forgot, I can remember em all of em can I?' 😂
Reply 4
Original post by hamza772000
Just say, "I need to go pee, brb"

Yeah and then after a couple of days everyone will think I have a Urinary Tract Infection :colondollar:
Just said I don't want to share my results. They'll understand
just tell them that its not your business or give them a vague conclusion like "they were good" or something like that :h:
Original post by Help Me...
Yeah and then after a couple of days everyone will think I have a Urinary Tract Infection :colondollar:
But they still won't know your results :wink:
Just say 'I got what I needed' - there is no need to tell people the grades you got. They are YOUR results ...
Its none of their business. Just say you did well but anything else leave them guessing. You don't need to please anyone. Just do what makes you happy. I personally like to say the truth. But from my experiences in life some people enjoy seeing others suffer
Same, I was uncomfortable with telling my family the grades I got because I have a cousin in the same year as me and she's really smart. It was something I couldn't hide and like expected my mum did compare me to my cousin.

If I were you I'd just say "I'd pass" or "I got the grades I needed"
Just say I got what I needed go get into college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Same, I was uncomfortable with telling my family the grades I got because I have a cousin in the same year as me and she's really smart. It was something I couldn't hide and like expected my mum did compare me to my cousin.

If I were you I'd just say "I'd pass" or "I got the grades I needed"
Are you Asian? Because that's soo typical :colonhash: I'm Pakistani, and I have often been compared with my cousin in Pakistan :colonhash: who got a scholarship there or summin' :tongue:
Are you Asian? Because that's soo typical :colonhash: I'm Pakistani, and I have often been compared with my cousin in Pakistan :colonhash: who got a scholarship there or summin' :tongue:

Yeah I am. I will never forget the day I overheard my mum on the phone with my aunt saying how disappointed she actually was with me :colonhash:
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Yeah I am. I will never forget the day I overheard my mum on the phone with my aunt saying how disappointed she actually was with me :colonhash:
Damn, that sucks :redface: Asian parents...ugh :angry: I will never do this to my children :tongue:
Reply 15
Damn, that sucks :redface: Asian parents...ugh :angry: I will never do this to my children :tongue:

Well yeah that makes the situation even worse for me like you I am Pakistani and well you know Asian parents (mainly mums) they will humiliate me in front of anyone and everyone also I need a excuse where I dont sound too rude or arrogant if you get what I mean...
Say I don't really wanna talk about it and look really awkward and glum, make them feel awkward for asking you. No one wants to be in an awkward subject so they'll just change the subject
Original post by LewisTindall
You say "I don't want to tell you". There. Case closed.

(Honestly, at the end of the day it's your business and your business alone. If you don't want to tell anybody, you can say it exactly like that).

Posted from TSR Mobile

This exactly. If you don't want to tell them, it's absolutely none of their business.
Original post by Help Me...
Well yeah that makes the situation even worse for me like you I am Pakistani and well you know Asian parents (mainly mums) they will humiliate me in front of anyone and everyone also I need a excuse where I dont sound too rude or arrogant if you get what I mean...
Oh yh I love my mum, she'd never humiliate me, neither would my dad, its just that my dad used to compare me to my cousin :redface: I hope he doesn't so that again :redface:

I get what you mean, where you have no choice but to stay silent and listen otherwise ur just being rude :redface: theres not much anyone can do about it, i just have to deal with it , unfortunately :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest