The Student Room Group

Aftermath of being accepted to uni w/o the grades ??

So I got into my insurance uni with ABCE for an AAB course, obviously I'm really happy that they even gave me the place despite me not getting the grades. But anyone who's been accepted to uni without the grades needed how's it like when you get there? Is there a high chance I'll struggle/ do the teachers treat you different to those who met the conditions, do these Alevels mean I'll be at disadvantage when applying to jobs etc .. kinda stressing so please someone just tell me thier experience or give me advice on this thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Sprinklesx
So I got into my insurance uni with ABCE for an AAB course, obviously I'm really happy that they even gave me the place despite me not getting the grades. But anyone who's been accepted to uni without the grades needed how's it like when you get there? Is there a high chance I'll struggle/ do the teachers treat you different to those who met the conditions, do these Alevels mean I'll be at disadvantage when applying to jobs etc .. konda stressing so please someone just tell me thier experience or give me advice on this thanks!

You won't be treated differently by teachers. They have too many students to remember who got what.

You might struggle, but it depends on the course and what subjects you got your grades in. If you're studying French and got your A in French you'll be fine - if your E was French then you'll probably struggle.

Some jobs will care about A Level grades and others won't.
Reply 2
Oh okay thats fine then, hope that's the the case :redface: and got a B in chemistry which I'll be studying so yeah hope I don't struggle . Thanks tho!
Reply 3
Original post by Sprinklesx
Oh okay thats fine then, hope that's the the case :redface: and got a B in chemistry which I'll be studying so yeah hope I don't struggle . Thanks tho!

If you don't want to struggle then you might want to study over the rest of the holiday. Nothing too serious, but just look over things you're not as confident on so that you don't forget it all
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
If you don't want to struggle then you might want to study over the rest of the holiday. Nothing too serious, but just look over things you're not as confident on so that you don't forget it all

Ok thanks!
1. most of the academic staff won;t have a clue what your results were , the exception will be your personal tutor and if it;s small dept it may be that one of the management team or admissions tutors is your lecturer for one or more modules

2. indicative offers are more about popularity of the course / the HEI bigging itself up than the actual difficulty of the subject , especially if we are talking aobut people getting C and above at A level - what is the actual entry standard as evidenced by those who are accepted onto the course ...
You literally die. Of death poisoning. Twice. Nah, you'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by zippyRN
1. most of the academic staff won;t have a clue what your results were , the exception will be your personal tutor and if it;s small dept it may be that one of the management team or admissions tutors is your lecturer for one or more modules

2. indicative offers are more about popularity of the course / the HEI bigging itself up than the actual difficulty of the subject , especially if we are talking aobut people getting C and above at A level - what is the actual entry standard as evidenced by those who are accepted onto the course ...

ok thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by WhisperingTide
You literally die. Of death poisoning. Twice. Nah, you'll be fine! :smile:

haha :smile: yeah I'm feeling better about it now , thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending