The Student Room Group

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Entry no.22
What a freekin eventful day :coma:
I woke up at 6:24am, I knew results were going to be available online at 6:30am, so I made a cup of tea for myself and mum and a coffee for dad.
Then I logged in to find my fate.
I didn't fail :shock:
In fact I achieved my target grades, all bar one (chemistry) :colonhash:
But the funny thing was...

Spoiler

I was so surprised that I cried and I cried for a long time and it meant that I got a very late train into work :rofl:
yh it was an emotional time because my family and I assumed the highest grade I was getting was a D :s-smilie:
I did a lot of phoning friends to comfort them and lots of good luck text messages on the way to the office finally, when I got there I had a nice long chat with the fellow AS student next to me who was freakin out about his maths grade (got an A in the end :tongue:)
When I got to work, I did nothing apart from message friends and thanked you all on tsr for being so kind and supportive !

Special shout-outs to @13 1 20 8 42 and @LifeIsFine for helping m relax before going to sleep the night before and @Matrix123 's advice :hugs:
I ended up going to the labs with my supervisor and this new placement student (from france :fan:)
We sorted out some of the wiring and PC configuration ready for the experiment with the injector and liquid nitrogen.
If all goes well we'll do it tomorrow afternoon or on Monday/Tuesday :wink:
I know tomorrow morning I am going to help with the gravel/storage experiment again!

After that, it was lunch time! I was on my own for a bit, then I was accompanied by 2 individuals who'd both received their results and then another. The other had asked for today off, fairs tbh :tongue:
We ate (pasta salad + crisps + apple juice for me :mmm:) then played table football and then sat outside for a while.
We'd all received good results and were in need of a chilling out session, so we stayed there for a while :biggrin:

Finally got back, I finished the summarisation of the research finally. I now have to do the intro/conclusion/materials research part tomorrow :erm: that will be jolly good fun :colonhash:
Then I left, trains weren't too bad, but train wifi didn't work for me.
I received a text on the train that when I would return, we would be ordering Dominoe's pizza take-away in celebration :smile:Sure enough, when I got home, I ordered the best pizza ever:
Chicken feast! :yum:
There is no better pizza! (has chicken, cheese + veg on it (there really is no better :mmm:)) beat that Trump u lil batard
Then, whilst playing tabletennis, my dad said "there's somthing on the table for you"
I said "I hope its food"
It turned out to be a "congrats card" which was cute and underneath it were a box of cookies :cookie: (ace pressie cos I like cookies XD)
I'm v tired, eventful day man, eventufl day, but I'm goign to play some pinta and then watch sherlock and then bed :wink:Thanks again for all the support and wishes,
I hope u all smashed it today/will smash it next week.
Some amazing people like @Platopus , @Kamara7 and @Kyx :congrats:
But for now, goodnight,
Cheese

Spoiler

PRSOM

So happy for you with your results, Cheese! You 100% deserved it :smile: and I knew you would do amazing! Very well done :biggrin:
Original post by Matrix123
Aw cool! :yy:

@CheeseIsVeg amazing! So glad to hear how happy you are about your results and glad that one bit of advice was actually of use to you :tongue: The right decision was made in allowing you to have dominoes :yep: :mmm: And a placement student from France!? :fan: :france: :woo:

ikr i see it every morning when I turn my phone on and it's such an inspiring start to the day 👍🏼 💜
Aw cool! :yy:
@CheeseIsVeg amazing! So glad to hear how happy you are about your results and glad that one bit of advice was actually of use to you :tongue: The right decision was made in allowing you to have dominoes :yep: :mmm: And a placement student from France!? :fan: :france: :woo:

XD every peice of ur advice is useful sista :hugs:
XD
ikr he is deffo hawt af

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Cutieeeee and yw for lyf girll ❤️❤️❤️
Ooh I had pizza too in yesterday 👍🏼
Guess which 1 ☺️ It were yummehhhh 😘

idk which lol
:hugs:
Original post by Platopus
PRSOM

So happy for you with your results, Cheese! You 100% deserved it :smile: and I knew you would do amazing! Very well done :biggrin:

:smile:
m8 im so happy for u
Cambridge?U R SO AMAZING!
XD
ikr he is deffo hawt af

idk which lol

Papa Johns! It's sexy lol 😂☺️❤️ 🍕
Which 1 did you have? 😮
:smile:
m8 im so happy for u
Cambridge?U R SO AMAZING!

Aww thank you :colondollar: U R EQUALLY SO AMAZING tho!
XD
ikr he is deffo hawt af

idk which lol

Aww thanks! :hugs:

Spoiler

Papa Johns! It's sexy lol 😂☺️❤️ 🍕
Which 1 did you have? 😮

lol ok
chicken feast from dominoes innit

Aww thank you :colondollar: U R EQUALLY SO AMAZING tho!

m8 ur gonna have to tell me how it goes :hugs:
lol ok

Course I will! And if I run away from there screaming, you will be among the first to know :wink:
Aww thanks! :hugs:

Spoiler

:wink:

Spoiler

lol ok

Lmao cooooll you had a feast all to yourself 🍕 :yeah:
Where mine? :slap: Jokes ❤️❤️❤️😂
@Matrix123 lol i won 1000'th post hehe
Course I will! And if I run away from there screaming, you will be among the first to know :wink:

:hugs: u won't
Lmao cooooll you had a feast all to yourself 🍕 :yeah:
Where mine? :slap: Jokes ❤️❤️❤️😂

XDDDD
Entry no.22
What a freekin eventful day :coma:
I woke up at 6:24am, I knew results were going to be available online at 6:30am, so I made a cup of tea for myself and mum and a coffee for dad.
Then I logged in to find my fate.
I didn't fail :shock:
In fact I achieved my target grades, all bar one (chemistry) :colonhash:
But the funny thing was...

Spoiler

I was so surprised that I cried and I cried for a long time and it meant that I got a very late train into work :rofl:
yh it was an emotional time because my family and I assumed the highest grade I was getting was a D :s-smilie:
I did a lot of phoning friends to comfort them and lots of good luck text messages on the way to the office finally, when I got there I had a nice long chat with the fellow AS student next to me who was freakin out about his maths grade (got an A in the end :tongue:)
When I got to work, I did nothing apart from message friends and thanked you all on tsr for being so kind and supportive !

Special shout-outs to @13 1 20 8 42 and @LifeIsFine for helping m relax before going to sleep the night before and @Matrix123 's advice :hugs:
I ended up going to the labs with my supervisor and this new placement student (from france :fan:)
We sorted out some of the wiring and PC configuration ready for the experiment with the injector and liquid nitrogen.
If all goes well we'll do it tomorrow afternoon or on Monday/Tuesday :wink:
I know tomorrow morning I am going to help with the gravel/storage experiment again!

After that, it was lunch time! I was on my own for a bit, then I was accompanied by 2 individuals who'd both received their results and then another. The other had asked for today off, fairs tbh :tongue:
We ate (pasta salad + crisps + apple juice for me :mmm:) then played table football and then sat outside for a while.
We'd all received good results and were in need of a chilling out session, so we stayed there for a while :biggrin:

Finally got back, I finished the summarisation of the research finally. I now have to do the intro/conclusion/materials research part tomorrow :erm: that will be jolly good fun :colonhash:
Then I left, trains weren't too bad, but train wifi didn't work for me.
I received a text on the train that when I would return, we would be ordering Dominoe's pizza take-away in celebration :smile:Sure enough, when I got home, I ordered the best pizza ever:
Chicken feast! :yum:
There is no better pizza! (has chicken, cheese + veg on it (there really is no better :mmm:)) beat that Trump u lil batard
Then, whilst playing tabletennis, my dad said "there's somthing on the table for you"
I said "I hope its food"
It turned out to be a "congrats card" which was cute and underneath it were a box of cookies :cookie: (ace pressie cos I like cookies XD)
I'm v tired, eventful day man, eventufl day, but I'm goign to play some pinta and then watch sherlock and then bed :wink:Thanks again for all the support and wishes,
I hope u all smashed it today/will smash it next week.
Some amazing people like @Platopus , @Kamara7 and @Kyx :congrats:
But for now, goodnight,
Cheese

Spoiler

Congrats :h:

Spoiler

@Matrix123 lol i won 1000'th post hehe

:hugs: u won't

Hope not! Thanks for your confidence :hugs:
Original post by saraxh
Congrats :h:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hope not! Thanks for your confidence :hugs:

I'm confident you will be successful and make loads of friends and be freekin awesome af :h:
:wink:

Spoiler

What do you mean you won the 1000th post? :tongue:

Spoiler

What do you mean you won the 1000th post? :tongue:

Spoiler

:mmm:

Spoiler

It's nice to know I didn't help at all :frown: