The Student Room Group

Help Me

In the reaction A + B Products, the order w.r.t. A is 2 and the order w.r.t. B is zero. Using the value of the rate constant (0.008), calculate the rate of reaction if [A] = 0.04 mol dm-3 and = 0.04 mol dm-3

Ive been given this question and am struggling to work it out. Can anyone guide me through the process of working it out please.
Reply 1
Original post by L33t
x

Giving full answers helps no one.
Reply 2
Original post by Whitlamj
In the reaction A + B Products, the order w.r.t. A is 2 and the order w.r.t. B is zero. Using the value of the rate constant (0.008), calculate the rate of reaction if [A] = 0.04 mol dm-3 and = 0.04 mol dm-3

Ive been given this question and am struggling to work it out. Can anyone guide me through the process of working it out please.

So since B is zero order you know that it doesnt take part in the rate determining step. However this is a theory calculating concept this is how it goes.
Rate=k(A)^m(B)^n
Rate= 0,008x0.04^2x0.04^0
Rate=1.28x10^-5
Original post by L33t
I know I forgot to put a spoiler in :frown: sorry everyone i'm new to TSR you see.

the spoler has nothing to do with it? lol
Original post by L33t
Well i've deleted it now since I dunno what I did to offend a bunch of people! If people explained rather than being nasty then it would be resolved quicker and help the OP more!

wow man your compelted lost

you didnt offend no and no one was being nasty

he was simply saying that if you give him the answer straight away it doesnt help his undertsadning

Quick Reply

Latest