The Student Room Group

Further Maths module choices

I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ritzy Nanda
I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m and for maths i took C1 C2 and M1 i got a low B in M1 and i got a high A in FP1, i dont understand which modules to take for yr13

Perhaps S1, S2, S3 and FP2 (or FP3) ? Probably the easiest combination (avoid mechanics)
Reply 2
Cool, I'm going to be self teaching myself these so i think i should avoid mechanics then haahah :-)
Original post by Ritzy Nanda
I just got my results back and I dont know what to take next year i took FP1 D1 and D2 this year for f/m and for maths i took C1 C2 and M1 i got a low B in M1 and i got a high A in FP1, i dont understand which modules to take for yr13

It doesn't quite work like that - only pure modules are 'tied' to maths/further maths. Applied modules could go in either-

For Maths you have to take C3 and C4 and need 2 applied modules to get six altogether.

For F Maths you need FP1 and FP2 or FP3 plus others to make six modules.

Look at sction B page 8 of
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UA035243_GCE_Lin_Maths_Issue_3.pdf
Reply 4
Omg thank you so much!!
OCR MEI is a very difficult exam board for Maths. I do not know about Non MEI.

Your combination and for Edexcel sounds good.

S1 and S2 are not really linked apart from one topic, they are both easy (with enough practicr ) in different ways as they do not follow on from eachother that much.

I do not know if you mean new year as in January, but if so it may be possible. You have 4 months and if you are not studying anything else it should be fine, if you finish a module every 2 weeks or so. Its all about practice as well so make sure you do enough.

Good luck!
Reply 6
It was okay, just remember to keep practicing past paper questions!
How on earth did you get a good grade in FP1 but a B in M1?!

I guess you're left with little choice but to rack up the stats modules!

Quick Reply

Latest