The Student Room Group

The hero of United Kingdom

The hero of United Kingdom is the man who rescued us from the EU:

[video="youtube;GxsnOvTV8vA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxsnOvTV8vA[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

He has a moustache now. This is what brexit has turned him into
Reply 2
[video="youtube;BzQ-okbJLOM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzQ-okbJLOM[/video]
Reply 3
It makes me sad that not many people in society give respect to Nigel Farage.

He was a massive hero to UK. He fought the establishment for 20 years to get us a referendum so that we can leave the EU, take back control of our laws, take back control of our fishing, save £12 billion a year so that we can spend some of it on the NHS and be able to have the freedom to trade with countries like Australia, China, Japan, America, India, Qatar, New Zealand, etc etc.
Remind me, what was he before he became a politician? Oh Wait a Banker.
Farage is a hero. When I buy a house I'ma get a portrait of him on the wall in respect. Seriously the guy is literally the best politician we've ever had. Wish he stayed on as leader, he has a solid chance at being PM in 2020.
Original post by TheMaster102
Farage is a hero. When I buy a house I'ma get a portrait of him on the wall in respect. Seriously the guy is literally the best politician we've ever had. Wish he stayed on as leader, he has a solid chance at being PM in 2020.

Says it all really:
Correction:

"Seriously the guy is literally the best politician we've ever had. Wish he stayed on as leader, he HAD a solid chance at being PM in 2020."

Yeah I don't think so though.
(edited 7 years ago)
what a rat
Reply 8
Original post by retro_turtles
what a rat

An ignorant youngster :facepalm2:

Why is he a rat? Do you know him personally?

"He was a massive hero to UK. He fought the establishment for 20 years to get us a referendum so that we can leave the EU, take back control of our laws, take back control of our fishing, save £12 billion a year so that we can spend some of it on the NHS and be able to have the freedom to trade with countries like Australia, China, Japan, America, India, Qatar, New Zealand, etc etc"
Original post by Naveed-7
An ignorant youngster :facepalm2:

Why is he a rat? Do you know him personally?

"He was a massive hero to UK. He fought the establishment for 20 years to get us a referendum so that we can leave the EU, take back control of our laws, take back control of our fishing, save £12 billion a year so that we can spend some of it on the NHS and be able to have the freedom to trade with countries like Australia, China, Japan, America, India, Qatar, New Zealand, etc etc"

I can't trust him on anything since he pretty much lied during his campaign for leave by claiming that £350 million per week would go to funding the NHS, plus so far Brexit hasn't been going well, i don't know much about what it's going to be like in the future.
It makes me sad that not many people in society give respect to Nigel Farage.

He was a massive hero to UK. He fought the establishment for 20 years to get us a referendum so that we can leave the EU, take back control of our laws, take back control of our fishing, save £12 billion a year so that we can spend some of it on the NHS and be able to have the freedom to trade with countries like Australia, China, Japan, America, India, Qatar, New Zealand, etc etc.

Mate you won which is fair enough and I agree on the fishing, but you're not seriously clinging onto this pipe dream are you? :lol:

This has better teeth. :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by retro_turtles
I can't trust him on anything since he pretty much lied during his campaign for leave by claiming that £350 million per week would go to funding the NHS, plus so far Brexit hasn't been going well, i don't know much about what it's going to be like in the future.

There were alot of people including the young who were scaremongered into thinking Remain vote is the better choice. The EU referendum was a once in a lifetime vote.
The £350 million was a lie but it is actually more than that, around 367 million pounds a week. And it's growing with all the Eurozone bail outs coming down the line. So there will be plenty of money to go to farmers, scientists, and the NHS and other priorities.

As a result of Brexit, we will save a hefty £12 billion a year which normally gets paid towards EU budget. Some of that money will definitely go towards the NHS.

Brexit hasnt gone well because Theresa May has not activated Article 50 yet, which is out of our control. But it is guaranteed to happen by beginning of 2017.

Article 50 is a law created by EU which takes 2 years to complete before we have actually left.
(edited 7 years ago)
There were alot of people including the young who were scaremongered into thinking Remain vote is the better choice. The EU referendum was a once in a lifetime vote.
The £350 million lie was made so that we can encourage as much people including the scaremongered victims to Vote Leave otherwise if we Reamain, we're locked into EU restrictions and laws for many years.

As a result of Brexit, we will save a hefty £12 billion a year which normally gets paid towards EU budget. Some of that money will definitely go towards the NHS.

Brexit hasnt gone well because Theresa May has not activated Article 50 yet, which is out of our control. But it is guaranteed to happen by beginning of 2017.

Article 50 is a law created by EU which takes 2 years to complete before we have actually left.

But what about the money the EU pumps into Britain? I'm surprised the Remain campaign didn't advertise this much. Some of the more deprived areas received the most EU funding. The Irony.

12 billion saved but at what cost? It near enough impacts every sector! Everything will have a knock on effect

Just the other day the BBC (pro remain but still using facts) ran a story about a Fish/meat factory who's margins were decreasing because of the import cost of the raw materials from the EU and that they would have to pass the cost onto consumers raising prices.
He should be knighted.

image.jpeg
naveed? muslim? no offence but I never thought I'd see the day where a Muslim would call Farage a 'hero'... :rofl:
Reply 19
SIGH
fought the establishment for 20 years

Doesn't mean he has earned my respect
take back control of our laws
Debatable.

Spoiler

take back control of our fishing
The EU fishing policy has helped, not harmed British fishing stocks and the UK industry had a very healthy 35% profit margin (€367mn) in 2014 (https://goo.gl/Ey5R2K). Britain will always share its fish as we move into an era of global maritime regulation.

save £12 billion a year so that we can spend some of it on the NHS

Not even going to touch that. *pssst* we'll still pay the fee in the EEU.
freedom to trade with countries like Australia, China, Japan, America, India, Qatar, New Zealand, etc etc.

Ah, now we come to the interesting part. Our freedom of trade. We'll ignore that the NIESR has said that without deep market access (which will take decades to negotiate) no combination of FTAs will ever be as economically successful as the UK's access to the single market. http://goo.gl/uxjz8l

China: the Sino-Swiss FTA is a good case study as the composition of the Swiss economy is comparable to our own, only differing in size. Long story short, a three year negotiation period ended "successfully" with China setting next to all terms of trade. It forced Switzerland to accept Chinese goods -tariff free- immediately while providing itself up to 15 years to do the same with Swiss goods. The agreement also does not cover the trade of financial services nor the car industry, two major sectors in the British economy.

Not to mention we'd be opening up our manufacturing industry to a level of international competition it's never faced before. We won't see a boon to our industrial sector as we force British firms to compete against countries that regularly breach labour laws and aggressively compete wages downwards.

Australia and New Zealand: yay commonwealth, right? Not really. The only products Australia and NZ export are either drilled out of the ground or shaved off of animals, and the scale of their markets is tiny. They're not suitable (in size or composition) replacements for EU markets.

India: India is the single most regulated market in the world. Historically India has fought tooth and nail to protect its domestic industries which does not bode well for our scrappy British exporters.
EDIT: (SOURCE) A survey on Asian business and politics by Hong Kong-based Political and Economic Risk Consultancy Ltd. rated India worst the world for over regulation, scoring 9.16/10.

America: TTIP will probably be accepted by the EU at some point within the next decade so we'd have gotten our FTA without having to sh*t our collective bed.

Japan: I will agree that trade will be better with Japan. But the EU just entered its 16th round of negotiations with Japan.. so we've got some catching up to do.

Most importantly, any trade partners that Britain can woo into bed will want to understand the EU-UK relationship first as to not infringe upon their own EU trade. And as we can't give them that information until someone pushes the Article 50 button, we're stuck. It's all rather more complicated than turning up and saying, do you want some X, sign here please.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest