The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9440
@PQ (or anyone else who can help..), a couple of quick questions:

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and I'm guessing I now inform my uni, instead of ucas, about the change? I haven't had an email or any other communication from them yet, portico says my place is confirmed but still says I should email ucas about any changes to personal details so I'm not sure what to do here

Also do I need to inform student finance of the change? If so is there a form or should I email them? (I'm at my firm so there's no change of circumstances other than the address)
Original post by CardiffKate

I sent the email to them, and in the email I asked if they could forward the email to a lecturer so he would understand what I was talking about and they did. He actually replied to me saying that my A-level grades will not allow me to enter the course, but I feel like he is willing to give me another chance, so I want to reply to him. Now that it is a bit personal, and I'm not writing to the admission office, how can I convince him to take me on? What things should I mention? I have already mentioned everything on my personal statement in my first email. I really want to get into his head :smile:
Guys i got ABBB in AS and im one ums away from A grade in both Maths and Businesd studies
Original post by igotnomoney
Guys i got ABBB in AS and im one ums away from A grade in both Maths and Businesd studies

Unlucky - you should defo get those remarked just for the fun of it.

Does your business grade count towards A2?
Original post by Maths is Life
Unlucky - you should defo get those remarked just for the fun of it.

Does your business grade count towards A2?

Business studies doesnt but math does .. what should i do yo remark it?? Wait for colledge to start???
Guys do I need to accept my unconditional offer or not?
Original post by igotnomoney
Business studies doesnt but math does .. what should i do yo remark it?? Wait for colledge to start???

I'm really not sure - you can wait or ask someone on re-enrollment day or ring up college?
Original post by Nirgilis
Relish the feeling whilst it lasts. There really isn't anything else like it :tongue:

Yeahh I deffo should, it's one of a kind lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need advice.
Before results day I already had an unconditional offer from a standard university and I intended going there because it was close to home. I'm going to study English, so i recieved my results today which were BBC. I'm not dissappointed as I had a lot going on during the year and tried my best. My only problem is that i got the C in English, which i'm supposedly meant to be good at after getting a*'s at gcse.I don't know whether I should do this course at university or change my mind. What would you do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated please and thanks
Original post by Maryam0598
I need advice.
Before results day I already had an unconditional offer from a standard university and I intended going there because it was close to home. I'm going to study English, so i recieved my results today which were BBC. I'm not dissappointed as I had a lot going on during the year and tried my best. My only problem is that i got the C in English, which i'm supposedly meant to be good at after getting a*'s at gcse.I don't know whether I should do this course at university or change my mind. What would you do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated please and thanks

Well, it depends on whether you like English- do you want to study it for 3 more years? Also, if you had things going on during the year that you think affected your performance in English, and you know that you could've done better, maybe don't be so hard on yourself.
Maybe you should consider a gap year. Defer your entry for the University you have an offer for perhaps (you can always withdraw it if you decide you don't want to go) as it may give you the few months you need to really decide what you want to do- I know this is an annoying point but it's £9000 a year you'd be spending; if you think there's a chance you don't want to do English, taking a gap year and figuring out what you want to do may be the best option.
These are just some of my thoughts so don't take them as the Gospel but good luck and maybe this was helpful!
Original post by emiloujess
@Aph @Sacred Ground how did you both do? TSR was moving so fat I couldn't keep up 😂

A*AB - how about yourself???
Wow it's already gone past results day. Gosh I'm so drunk. I think I'm on the righ train home
Original post by target21859
Wow it's already gone past results day. Gosh I'm so drunk. I think I'm on the righ train home

He took the midnight train going aaaaannyyywhere
Not sure if this has already been asked but can someone please confirm whether the Edexcel Fine Art AS (8FA0) is one of the new linear courses where it won't count in Year 13 and it's entirely separate from the A-Level? Got my AS results today and knew what was going on with the other subjects but couldn't find anything about Art. Thanks.
Original post by postexamtalk
He took the midnight train going aaaaannyyywhere

I hoped not. I don't want to end up not there. Why am in on tsr
Gosh I'm so glad this day didn't go badly. I would broad
Original post by izzy_hill
when u thought the edexcel history exam was an absolute train wreck and u had prepared urself for death but u end up getting 64/70

At the time I felt like everything that could've gone wrong in the A2 edexcel history exam did, but my result too shows otherwise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hihihi123
Well, it depends on whether you like English- do you want to study it for 3 more years? Also, if you had things going on during the year that you think affected your performance in English, and you know that you could've done better, maybe don't be so hard on yourself.
Maybe you should consider a gap year. Defer your entry for the University you have an offer for perhaps (you can always withdraw it if you decide you don't want to go) as it may give you the few months you need to really decide what you want to do- I know this is an annoying point but it's £9000 a year you'd be spending; if you think there's a chance you don't want to do English, taking a gap year and figuring out what you want to do may be the best option.
These are just some of my thoughts so don't take them as the Gospel but good luck and maybe this was helpful!

I honestly i really appreciate your kind words, I didn't really think anyone would reply so I am very thankful. Haha the funny thing is I was orginally planning to go university in 2017 and I suddenly had a panic about what i was going to do for the year so when I did apply, I applied as a late entry and recieved an unconditional. Lol so I was over the moon, now i'm back to sqaure one. Hope i'm not getting myself into a mess!
Thank you for you advice though😚
Original post by Maryam0598
I honestly i really appreciate your kind words, I didn't really think anyone would reply so I am very thankful. Haha the funny thing is I was orginally planning to go university in 2017 and I suddenly had a panic about what i was going to do for the year so when I did apply, I applied as a late entry and recieved an unconditional. Lol so I was over the moon, now i'm back to sqaure one. Hope i'm not getting myself into a mess!
Thank you for you advice though😚

You're welcome! Honestly, if I were in your position, I would take a gap year. I just took one and am going to uni this September (I had to retake but still). If you're worried about what to do during the year a suggestion from me would be that you possibly Au Pair. I was an Au Pair in Milan last year in the Autumn of my gap year and it was a great experience- it's free travel essentially with the catch of having to look after someone's children for a bit each weekday. There are lots of things you can do in your gap year that won't cost much and I think that they can actually be so beneficial for personal growth. Again, just a suggestion/opinion from me, but if you have any questions about Au Pairing just ask!
I made it home!!!!!! Sheie

Quick Reply

Latest