The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by alevelstresss
At least I've got some experience to share, you've probably never experienced a Muslim community outside of your petty, childish Daily Mail-inspired visions
I've never experienced a volcano erupting, but I know exactly how it works.
Reply 421
I'm not a Muslim, lmfao this is actually hilarious :rofl:

I am a white british student, my parents are british and so are my grandparents and great grandparents

i'd actually send you a photo just to shut you up tbh
And here we have the inherent soft racism of the SJW.

"I cannot be a Muslim because I am white British".

Newsflash kiddo. Not all Muslims are Brown Foreigners, despite what you might believe.
Reply 422
Poor QE2 still spamming his bigotry even though I blocked him
"I blocked him, lol!"

Top debating skills bro.
Reply 423
It makes terrorist attacks more likely, Muslims being attacked relentlessly as if they are collectively 'the enemy' isolates them from society and generates hateful feelings - which makes them more likely to sympathise with groups like ISIS, and carry out attacks in their name.
But you claim that the radicalisation and terrorism has nothing to do with Islam. So how can criticising Islam lead to radicalisation and terrorism?

You still haven't answerd this question.
Original post by QE2
But he said that he wasn't a Muslim. Are you suggesting that people on here might tell fibs to further their agenda?
SMH

I think he is a Muslim and lying about it.

How likely is it that he is white British and went on a school trip to visit several villages in a Muslim land? Or went with his parents or a bunch of mates?

Nah, he is talking about a trip to the ancestral homeland.

Nothing wrong with that, obviously. There is something profoundly wrong about dishonestly claiming to be a white atheist, though.

When he is really (presumably from his comments about Kashmir) a Pakistani Muslim.
Reply 425
There are different cultures from our own, whether or not your mind can fathom it, child-marriage was seen as a decent thing 1500 years ago, just as how burning innocent women in the UK for 'being witches' used to be common.
If Muhammad was just a man of his time, and no more, your point is valid.
If he is the perfect moral example for all Muslims to aspire to, for all times, your point is nonsense.

Unfortunately, as you seem to know nothing about Islamic ideology, you will be utterly incapable of understanding the difference.
Reply 426
Because Christianity does not currently have a radical militant group which professes to create a worldwide caliphate.
You mean, NT Christianity does not contain passages that permit or encourage violence against those who refude to submit to Christianity.

its why christian violence also increased during the KKK's days,
I wondered how long it would be before you used the KKK fallacy. They were not a religious organisation. They were political, based on white supremacy and the desire to influence the restructuring of the South after the Civil War.

And yes it does, Muslims become radicalised sometimes because they isolate themselves from western culture. I've studied every single case of extremism leading to attacks since the Sydney siege, both of the Kouachi brothers were radicalised by being segregated in jail and being exposed to other radical individuals, other cases including Rezgui and the Nice attacker, and both Tunisian museum attackers (excluding the one who wasn't caught) show relatives/friends describing them as becoming isolated. One cause of this isolation is being hated on because of their faith.
Again, you still fail to explain why all the other groups of disadvantaged, disenfranchised and embittered people do not vent their frustration through violence, citing religious ideology as justification.

Read "Why We Hate You, Why We Fight You" in the latest edition of Dabiq (as a student of Islamic radicalisation, I'm sure you already have). It is very specific in its rejection of your argument.
Still, what do they know about it compared to a teenaged British bedroom SJW?
Reply 427
Because none of those groups have been situated in a country that has been invaded and destroyed by failed western foreign policy and corrupt, evil regimes which barrel-bomb its own people.

I feel like I am spoonfeeding the obvious here
Yet, you continue to avoid answering the question of where the Islamist terrorism that happened before military intervention in the ME came from.
Reply 428
Original post by Betelgeuse-
It all seems very obvious to you because you are not listening or grasping any of the numerous excellent arguments put to you.. you are just rejecting them and plowing through with what you believe.
Even if he isn't a Muslim, he would make a very good one.
Reply 429
You asked about why a radical group exists for Muslims,
But your argument simply isn't supported by the evidence. There were anti-western, Islamist terrorist groups before military intervention in the ME.

Try again.
Original post by QE2
But he said that he wasn't a Muslim. Are you suggesting that people on here might tell fibs to further their agenda?
SMH

Funnily enough, he wouldn't even be the first Muslim on this forum alone to do exactly that......
QE2 just does't give up, its hilarious
Original post by KimKallstrom
Funnily enough, he wouldn't even be the first Muslim on this forum alone to do exactly that......

I'm not Muslim, want a photo? send me your email

I don't expect you to respond constructively though, you're the one who claimed there was a terrorist attack in Indonesia approximately 2-3 months ago, but there wasn't one.
Original post by generallee
I think he is a Muslim and lying about it.

How likely is it that he is white British and went on a school trip to visit several villages in a Muslim land? Or went with his parents or a bunch of mates?

Nah, he is talking about a trip to the ancestral homeland.

Nothing wrong with that, obviously. There is something profoundly wrong about dishonestly claiming to be a white atheist, though.

When he is really (presumably from his comments about Kashmir) a Pakistani Muslim.

I went to Kargil because I participated in British Exploring's expedition to the Himalayas, I'd gladly send photos if you want.

But I am an atheist, I actively dislike the idea of religion, but religion isn't going to disappear overnight so we have to work with the situation we are in. I am a realist.
(edited 7 years ago)

Admitting your strategy? Talking a load of random bs every post until people get fed up they either leave or end up on your "block list"?

Pathetic.
Every time there is a terrorist attack by a Middle-Easterner - regardless of their backstory, any other factors that could attribute to radicalisation, or failings in our own security, there is a massive group of people who start blaming Islam.

I think we should be allowed to criticise religions, and it is my personal belief that the world would be a better place without any religion, or if all religions became lifestyle choices and non-political. But that is realistically not going to happen, so we have to work with the situation we are in.

But the line has been crossed. All of the disrespectful people on here and many other places hide behind the shield of 'freedom to criticise religion'. But constantly attributing Islam, and incriminating all Muslims with the actions of a tiny amount is not criticising a religion - that is hating the religion.

Hating the religion causes more problems, it alienates the malleable members of the community, which segregates them and essentially makes them more likely to sympathise with radical ideas.

Islam does say barbaric things, but going around persecuting ordinary Muslims who have the common decency to follow Islam while respecting our own culture is a part of the problem. In New York, two innocent Muslims were killed and I have seen disgusting people on this website telling me they deserve it.

We are genuinely going to be in a stage about 30 years from now where radical religious attacks are extremely common, and not because of Islam being extreme, its because people are too hateful to realise that the terrorists clearly and deliberately manipulate what Islam says to justify their own actions, and the remaining 1.6 billion decent Muslims ignore it.

I've been to the heart of Muslim communities where the children probably haven't even seen westerners before, and the adults hadn't left their country, and they are friendlier than the average white person in the UK, they offer food and hospitality and they did not run out with a meat cleaver trying to behead some of the controversially-dressed girls in my group of people. They are good people, and they don't deserve to suffer at the hands of both terrorists who don't care about the average Muslim, or the average racist and disrespectful moron who is too hateful to incriminate the people actually responsible for their problems.

Please, stop stirring up religious hatred every time there is a terrorist attack. You are not criticising the religion by instantly incriminating Islam with any Middle-Easterner doing an attack - you are plainly hating on it, these people don't just 'snap' and turn into killers because they want to defend Islam, they do it because something ****ty has happened in their lives and they want to harm as many people as possible, and they find comfort in radical / extremist Islam because it legitimises their hateful feelings.
true

as you say, terrorists find comfort in radical/extremist Islam because it legitimises their hateful feelings

if some of the most hateful Quranic verses were not there , or if their literal, violent meaning were generally considered as being obsolete, this legitimisation process would be much more difficult, or even impossible

criticising Islam is a necessary operation. Muslims should be left with no doubt whatsoever about aspects of Islam which are perfectly unacceptable, if not heavily reinterpreted/adapted

best
Reply 436
Every time you post something that is a logical fallacy, factually incorrect, or just plain stupid, I will correct you.
Just think of me as your own personal, very patient, teacher. :wink:
Original post by mariachi
true

as you say, terrorists find comfort in radical/extremist Islam because it legitimises their hateful feelings

if some of the most hateful Quranic verses were not there , or if their literal, violent meaning were generally considered as being obsolete, this legitimisation process would be much more difficult, or even impossible

criticising Islam is a necessary operation. Muslims should be left with no doubt whatsoever about aspects of Islam which are perfectly unacceptable, if not heavily reinterpreted/adapted

best

I agree, Islam should be criticised to the bone, along with all religions.

But criticising is not what is being done, these people are actively hating on the religion and incriminating all Muslims with the crimes of a tiny amount. Many Muslims evidently ignore the violent parts of the Quran when incorporating Islam into their daily lives. Going around discriminating against innocent Muslims has the potential to contribute towards radicalising them and is a part of the problem.
Reply 438
I'm not Muslim, want a photo? send me your email
I have an Indian friend who has a beard. He is not a Muslim. I could send you a photo.

I don't expect you to respond constructively though, you're the one who claimed there was a terrorist attack in Indonesia approximately 2-3 months ago, but there wasn't one.
There was an Islamist attack in Indonesia a few months ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Jakarta_attacks
This is why I blocked QE2, he can't read. Was January 2-3 months ago?

Quick Reply

Latest