The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
It is cambridge, i hope she goes she deserves it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge!! :eek: She definitely should go there. Some people would sell their souls to get to Cambridge.
Original post by izzy_hill
I'm doubting the idea of going to university this year now :/ i couldn't get my course changed so i'm stuck on a course that i'm not 100% confident that i'm happy about, and i got my accommodation offer yesterday and they've given me the accommodation that i put last on my list :frown: and there's no chance of changing. it's just really bummed me out and made the whole uni idea a bit less appealing

part of me wants to reapply for the course i wanted next year with the grades that I have now and then reapply for accommodation too. but that scares me cos i might not even get an offer omg

Are you really worried about university or that you did not get the accommodation that you wanted? Many students don't get their number 1 accommodation and that is the reason you are asked to select multiple choices.

if you are concerned about the course, did you apply for that course? How similar or different is the course to the one that appeals more to you?

Can you enrol and change your course from the inside, since you may have similar academic requirements and would have already had one year in the department?

I think that you should think about it before making a decision. As you have rightfully pointed out, you may not be given the course of your choice and then would have lost one year for nothing.

Think before your jump.

Good luck.
Has anyone got a remark back yet? If so, was there any change?
Original post by joind4resultsday

You really need to be waiting until the end of next week. Your school might not have submitted the request yet, let alone got the papers marked, verified and sent back. The advertised time is 10 working days.
Original post by Serine Soul
Hey, many of you might remember me posting about my stress and anxiety a couple of days before results day.

I'd just like to thank everyone for their support here, and them dank memes. I just about made my firm uni offer, though I don't even know if I want to go there anymore.

Best of luck to everyone for the future, I'm sure you've all done well, regardless of the grades. You should be immensely proud of yourself for making it through 14+ years of the education system!

Well done - the north west is proud of you! The doubts are probably just the anti-climatic feeling that post results day blues brings! Just relax and enjoy.
Original post by Nirgilis
You really need to be waiting until the end of next week. Your school might not have submitted the request yet, let alone got the papers marked, verified and sent back. The advertised time is 10 working days.

I paid yesterday for a priority re-mark and they submitted the request in front of me. I was told that Edexcel examiners re-mark online, so it typically comes back within a few days.
Does anyone know what ADV means on A Level results? I got the following result and have no idea what the letters mean:

AQA - French ADV - A*
Reply 9507
I already have most of what I need, just need to go and change my single bed sheets to doubles because of the accommodation I got :smile: other than that I'm pretty much packed and ready to go!
Original post by target21859
Once your place is confirmed you don't have to do anything afterwards, right? Like phoning them up to accept the place.

Obviously it depends on your AS12.
You also need to start setting up a student bank account too.
I paid yesterday for a priority re-mark and they submitted the request in front of me. I was told that Edexcel examiners re-mark online, so it typically comes back within a few days.

Wait till next week. It could take up to 10 days.
Reply 9509
Original post by JamesReedJMR
Does anyone know what ADV means on A Level results? I got the following result and have no idea what the letters mean:

AQA - French ADV - A*

Probably advanced (as in Advanced-Level)
For my results i got ABE, A in Sociology B in psychology and E in English Language i just wanted to know what my options where.
Any help??
Reply 9511
for my AS I got an A in sociology
One mark off an A in psychology two marks off a B in English and I got a C and a U which makes an E in law which I do not understand so i basically want to remark 3 subjects when I go back. Great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by revision1
For my results i got ABE, A in Sociology B in psychology and E in English Language i just wanted to know what my options where.
Any help??

Are you AS or A level?
What do you want to do?
What do you enjoy?
Original post by Nirgilis
Wait till next week. It could take up to 10 days.

Okay. But are there any reports of re-marks already? I wanted to know the implications of the new re-marking guidelines, in practice.
Can you retake modules whilst at uni? One bad module brought down my grades by 2 grades :frown:
Okay. But are there any reports of re-marks already? I wanted to know the implications of the new re-marking guidelines, in practice.

Re-marks are going to take a couple more days.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26460-Changes-to-re-marks-A-guide-for-students

I got a remark back. No change though :frown:
Reply 9517
Can you retake modules whilst at uni? One bad module brought down my grades by 2 grades :frown:

You can as a private student. But bare in mind that it might clash with your end of year uni exams (which are mostly in May) and would you really want that added stress of essentially waiting for results day again.
I got a remark back. No change though :frown:

Your school must have been deadly efficient getting that sent off! It's going to be much harder to get changes this year.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Your school must have been deadly efficient getting that sent off! It's going to be much harder to get changes this year.

why is it gna be harder to change this year? I got an A in one module and a U in the other which makes no sense at all!

all I need is 6 UMs more to get a B overall

Quick Reply

Latest