The Student Room Group

EQP - moderation. Please help me!

My EPQ was marked 49 (A*) (at my school) by my tutor - assessor. Yesterday I got a result, which was C. There is a massive difference between these two grades... It would mean that the moderator cut off about 12-14 from the points issued by my tutor. Do you think it is plausible? Has sth similar ever happened to you?

Am I allowed to exclude EPQ from my UCAS application - just not inform the uni (if C is the correct grade)?

Thank you very much for any help!
Original post by stayhungry
My EPQ was marked 49 (A*) (at my school) by my tutor - assessor. Yesterday I got a result, which was C. There is a massive difference between these two grades... It would mean that the moderator cut off about 12-14 from the points issued by my tutor. Do you think it is plausible? Has sth similar ever happened to you?

Am I allowed to exclude EPQ from my UCAS application - just not inform the uni (if C is the correct grade)?

Thank you very much for any help!

Unfortunately you have to declare all qualifications on UCAS :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Slowbro93
Unfortunately you have to declare all qualifications on UCAS :frown:

Thank you!
Do you think it's plausible the moderator cut off that many points?
Original post by stayhungry
Thank you!
Do you think it's plausible the moderator cut off that many points?

It has happened before, has everyone been affected?
Reply 4
Original post by Slowbro93
It has happened before, has everyone been affected?

Most of the people. But my adjustment is definitely the most surprising and radical... The moderator would have had to cut about 25 points (so that the average gives C), which is 50% of my result... Do you reckon there is a possibility it has been a "mistake"?
Hopefully, my school will agree to a remoderation.
I would like to study medicine and I am afraid this C could have a terrible impact on my chances (But in my only AS - maths I got A (100) A (98) A(99), which I believe is a decent result).

Thank you for your interest!

Quick Reply

Latest