The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by alevelstresss
I went to Kargil because I participated in British Exploring's expedition to the Himalayas, I'd gladly send photos if you want.
So, the experience of an organised, guided tour to a Himalayan village on the tourist trekking route is representative of all Muslims and Islamic ideology.
Cool story bro.
Reply 441
This is why I blocked QE2, he can't read. Was January 2-3 months ago?
You claimed that Indonesia did not experience Islamist terrorism.
You were wrong.
Another poster may have been a few months out on the date of the latest attack.
But you were still wrong.
You should admit it. It's what grown-ups do. I thought those expeditions were supposed to be character building and encourage personal growth. But then, knowing how expensive they are, you probably have an inflated sense of entitlement that prevents you from admitting mistakes.
I agree, Islam should be criticised to the bone, along with all religions.

But criticising is not what is being done, these people are actively hating on the religion and incriminating all Muslims with the crimes of a tiny amount. Many Muslims evidently ignore the violent parts of the Quran when incorporating Islam into their daily lives. Going around discriminating against innocent Muslims has the potential to contribute towards radicalising them and is a part of the problem.
I think that few people on TSR (and, most surely, not QE2) consider that discriminating Muslims as such is useful, or even simply acceptable

we all know some Muslims who are nice, friendly persons. They ignore or heavily reinterpret the violent verses contained in Quran, refuse the authenticity of the worse ahadith, deny or try to somehow contextualise the most hateful episodes in Muhammad's life

all this does not mean however that criticising and opposing Islam is wrong . On the contrary

Hating is slightly different , since it is an irrational feeling, and usually leads to negative consequences . However, if someone has suffered because of Islam, hating it is fully understandable, if not advisable

best
I went to Kargil because I participated in British Exploring's expedition to the Himalayas, I'd gladly send photos if you want.

But I am an atheist, I actively dislike the idea of religion, but religion isn't going to disappear overnight so we have to work with the situation we are in. I am a realist.

If you really are who you say you are (and I still have my doubts as you wouldn't be the first Muslim on here to lie and say you weren't one) you are painfully, woefully, culpably naive, and in for a great shock as the decades pass and the scales fall from your eyes...

When will you wake up? When you can no longer buy alcohol? When your future wife can no longer walk the streets without being dressed in a birdcage cover? When the religious police patrol the streets as in Saudi Arabia and Iran?

When the UK resembles the failed states of the middle east, riven by sectarian hatred and suicide bombs?

Take a look at the demographic projections, at the rise in the Muslim population because of immigration and sky high Muslim birth rates in the last ten years. Extrapolate forward.

If you live till your eighties (perhaps sooner) you will end your days as a Dhimmi, paying the Jizya as Allah commands you to do. Any children you have will spend all their adult days with the same inferior status, unless they convert.

Islam has been a supremacist ideology throughout its history, which has sought to impose its will on the entire globe, and done a pretty good job over large parts of it. It as tried many times over the centuries to conquer western Europe by force of arms, and been defeated every time.

But this generation of western Europeans is not as robust and tough minded as its predecessors. They fought for their freedoms, people like you don't have the stomach for it and will therefore lose them.

So Islam is now going to win power in democratic western Europe peacefully, through its use of Hijrah, while regressive left wingers like you, who are in denial about what is going to happen, fight against measures to stop it. Cultural relativists destroyed by cultural absolutists.

(Assuming you are a regressive left, Islamist apologist, SJW and not a Muslim practising Taqiya, of course).
Original post by mariachi
I think that few people on TSR (and, most surely, not QE2) consider that discriminating Muslims as such is useful, or even simply acceptable

we all know some Muslims who are nice, friendly persons. They ignore or heavily reinterpret the violent verses contained in Quran, refuse the authenticity of the worse ahadith, deny or try to somehow contextualise the most hateful episodes in Muhammad's life

all this does not mean however that criticising and opposing Islam is wrong . On the contrary

Hating is slightly different , since it is an irrational feeling, and usually leads to negative consequences . However, if someone has suffered because of Islam, hating it is fully understandable, if not advisable

best

Yes, criticising religion is absolutely acceptable and is fundamental to democratic society. But unwarranted hate from users such as QE2 often derives from negative predisposition towards Islam based on the actions of terrorists. It is unfair to hate the wider Muslim community because of the actions of a relatively tiny group of people who themselves in fact kill more Muslims than any other ethnic/religious group combined.
Reply 445
Actually, I have a suspicion that you may be lying about the "2-3 months" claim. You will need to link the post where KK says this.

I have found a post where he says...
"I remember the time on here some other nitwit tried to claim that Indonesia was a fine example of a peaceful, moderate Muslim country that never experiences Islamist terror attacks and how much of a great success that makes them, then that very week there was an Islamist terror attack that actually made the news over here for a change."

No mention of specific dates.
However, i won’t expect a response as your tactic throughout all these threads is to throw out a load of made-up ******** and then ignore people when they challenge and refute you.

Is that what daddy spent all that money on that Himalayan trip for? So you could learn to run away from responsibility?
dear friend, I am afraid you are clutching at straws

best
Yes, criticising religion is absolutely acceptable and is fundamental to democratic society. But unwarranted hate from users such as QE2 often derives from negative predisposition towards Islam based on the actions of terrorists. It is unfair to hate the wider Muslim community because of the actions of a relatively tiny group of people who themselves in fact kill more Muslims than any other ethnic/religious group combined.
who is hating the wider Muslim community ?

it is very difficult to hate around 1.6 billion people you have never met and will never meet in your entire life

hating Islam and hating Muslims as persons are two very different things
Original post by generallee
If you really are who you say you are (and I still have my doubts as you wouldn't be the first Muslim on here to lie and say you weren't one) you are painfully, woefully, culpably naive, and in for a great shock as the decades pass and the scales fall from your eyes...

When will you wake up? When you can no longer buy alcohol? When your future wife can no longer walk the streets without being dressed in a birdcage cover? When the religious police patrol the streets as in Saudi Arabia and Iran?

When the UK resembles the failed states of the middle east, riven by sectarian hatred and suicide bombs?

Take a look at the demographic projections, at the rise in the Muslim population because of immigration and sky high Muslim birth rates in the last ten years. Extrapolate forward.

If you live till your eighties (perhaps sooner) you will end your days as a Dhimmi, paying the Jizya as Allah commands you to do. Any children you have will spend all their adult days with the same inferior status, unless they convert.

Islam has been a supremacist ideology throughout its history, which has sought to impose its will on the entire globe, and done a pretty good job over large parts of it. It as tried many times over the centuries to conquer western Europe by force of arms, and been defeated every time.

But this generation of western Europeans is not as robust and tough minded as its predecessors. They fought for their freedoms, people like you don't have the stomach for it and will therefore lose them.

So Islam is now going to win power in democratic western Europe peacefully, through its use of Hijrah, while regressive left wingers like you, who are in denial about what is going to happen, fight against measures to stop it. Cultural relativists destroyed by cultural absolutists.

(Assuming you are a regressive left, Islamist apologist, SJW and not a Muslim practising Taqiya, of course).

None of those things are ever going to happen, its a complete, unwarranted myth that sharia patrols are going to work all across England and the law will be imposed. If you actually study our government, you'll realise that its practically impossible anyway. And assuming it is true anyway, is it right to hate all Muslims because of these vague assumptions? We have a mayor, Sadiq Khan, who is Muslim, and serves as a great example of how western democracy can easily integrate with their religious teachings. The majority of Muslims follow this example, otherwise we would be living in a blatantly different UK.

I'm not going to respond to any more of your pathetic argument if it is riddled with childish flashwords like 'apologist' or 'regressive left'.

Its clear that you have an unconditional, negative predisposition towards Islam, regardless of whether or not that hate is warranted.
Original post by QE2
Actually, I have a suspicion that you may be lying about the "2-3 months" claim. You will need to link the post where KK says this.

I have found a post where he says...
"I remember the time on here some other nitwit tried to claim that Indonesia was a fine example of a peaceful, moderate Muslim country that never experiences Islamist terror attacks and how much of a great success that makes them, then that very week there was an Islamist terror attack that actually made the news over here for a change."

No mention of specific dates.
However, i won’t expect a response as your tactic throughout all these threads is to throw out a load of made-up ******** and then ignore people when they challenge and refute you.

Is that what daddy spent all that money on that Himalayan trip for? So you could learn to run away from responsibility?

I know for a fact that it was 2-3 months ago because that was an alt of mine. checkmate.

it is very difficult to hate around 1.6 billion people you have never met and will never meet in your entire life

A worryingly large number of people on here.

And hating Islam is implicitly hating Muslims. Its slightly absurd to say "yeah your religion is disgusting, your prophet is a pedo, your every way of life is a shambles, but you're an OK person I suppose".
dear friend, I am afraid you are clutching at straws

best

If your viewpoint is entirely predisposed towards attacking my interpretation of the problem, then its easy to concoct fairy tales about the actual situation.

And hating Islam is implicitly hating Muslims.
I' m sorry, but it's not at all the same

as we all know, many `Muslims do not follow Quran and Sunnah, ignore it or reinterpret it heavily, and are perfectly respectable and even commendable people

therefore, you are wrong

best
I' m sorry, but it's not at all the same

as we all know, many `Muslims do not follow Quran and Sunnah, ignore it or reinterpret it heavily, and are perfectly respectable and even commendable people

therefore, you are wrong

best

Hating on someone's philosophy and every way of life, history, family traditions, their parents way of life, their friends way of life, etc... does have some hateful impact on the person.

You block someone for "not being able to read" because they remembered an attack and wrote 2-3 months ago, but that was wrong it was January?

The level of maturity you display is mind-boggling.
Reply 455
But unwarranted hate from users such as QE2
Define "unwarranted hate". Considering that the OED defines "hate" as "a feeling of intense dislike or strong aversion", and "unwarranted" as "not justified", I think that feeling a strong aversion to wife-beating, slavery, sex-slavery, institutionalised gender inequality, persecution and killing of gays and apostates, stoning of adulterers, etc, etc - is completely justified.
Do you seriously not feel a strong aversion to those things?
Assuming that you do, then you simply hold the same position as I do.
And if you do hold this position, then why are you criticising others for doing the same as you?

often derives from negative predisposition towards Islam based on the actions of terrorists.
No. As you have been repeatedly told, it is because of the nature of Islamic ideology.

It is unfair to hate the wider Muslim community because of the actions of a relatively tiny group of people who themselves in fact kill more Muslims than any other ethnic/religious group combined.
I entirely agree. Which is why I (and most of the regular antitheists on here) don't do that.
However, it is entirely appropriate to condemn the ideology which is a contributary factor in motivating and justifying such attacks.

Your argument appears to be no more than "Some Muslims are nice, so if you criticise Islam you are a bigot".
That may work in your head, but not in any head capable of critical analysis of the facts.
Reply 456

He doesn't understand that.
anyway, I'm off to celebrate results, I got my message across and based on the reps, I think its clear who the average TSR user agrees with

enjoy ranting about Islam every single day of your boring lives.
Reply 458
I know for a fact that it was 2-3 months ago because that was an alt of mine. checkmate.
Link to the comment where KK says that there was a terrorist attack in Indonesia 2-3 months ago, and I will admit my error and issue an apology.

But you were still wrong in claiming that Indonesia did not suffer from Islamist terrorism.
Be a man and admit it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hating on someone's philosophy and every way of life, history, family traditions, their parents way of life, their friends way of life, etc... does have some hateful impact on the person.
we are getting nowhere fast

I think that, at this point, I will follow a well/known hadith

Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "I guarantee a house in Jannah (Paradise) for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners."

( Abu Dawud)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending