The Student Room Group

Unexpected results (AS [bad])

So I was expecting to get AAAB at my AS (AFTER TAKING THE PAPERS)Thinking I had done a little worse on one of my subjects as i had focused revision on the other 3 more. Turns out The opposite result came out Ending up with U's in maths modules and an overall B in maths ??? I was expecting a full 100%Chemistry which i expected an A in ended up as a C i thought that this was an error clearly.Checked my physics turns out that was a C too (Physics is my best subject haven't had a past paper below A and towards my exams all of them were A's with some full marks)Now the funny part is My computer science exam which i was sure was going to be my worst is a solid A........Taking these papers i was expecting A's cause i knew all the answers i was being asked.. the papers seemed like the easiest i had ever done as well apart from Computer science to some extent .I know i have a little bad handwriting and presentation but can that really cause this? I just don't understand this... Applying to Cambridge is going to seem like a clear out reject now...I'm absolutely confused on this result...(I'm sending the papers to be remarked)
Sorry to hear that your results weren't what you were hoping for. Remarking is probably a good shout if you'd been doing well in past papers and genuinely thought you did better in the real exams. Handwriting would only really cause problems if what you wrote was completely illegible. Hopefully the remarks will come back with some improvement, but if not could you possibly get higher predicted grades by agreeing to do some resits? Speak to your teachers about it.

All the best :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Sorry to hear that your results weren't what you were hoping for. Remarking is probably a good shout if you'd been doing well in past papers and genuinely thought you did better in the real exams. Handwriting would only really cause problems if what you wrote was completely illegible. Hopefully the remarks will come back with some improvement, but if not could you possibly get higher predicted grades by agreeing to do some resits? Speak to your teachers about it.

All the best :smile:

Thanks for your fast reply, my physics teacher had already spoken to me and said that he is surely confident that i should be getting A* at A level next year and that the exam i took doesn't near reflect what i should have gotten.
I'll be hoping for the remarking , I don't know how much my handwriting counts but i can't imagine another reason for my grades thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest