The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inhuman
You block someone for "not being able to read" because they remembered an attack and wrote 2-3 months ago, but that was wrong it was January?

The level of maturity you display is mind-boggling.

I got blocked for pointing out the genocide that happened in what he claimed was a 'peaceful country'

as we say 'there's none so blind'
Original post by alevelstresss
anyway, I'm off to celebrate results, I got my message across and based on the reps, I think its clear who the average TSR user agrees with

enjoy ranting about Islam every single day of your boring lives.

Wahay! Good riddance :smile:
Original post by BaconandSauce
I got blocked for pointing out the genocide that happened in what he claimed was a 'peaceful country'

as we say 'there's none so blind'

Aye.
Original post by Josb
He doesn't understand that.
well, he (alevelstresss) seems to be happy about his performance, so everything is fine

best
alevelstresss
x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 464
anyway, I'm off to celebrate results, I got my message across and based on the reps, I think its clear who the average TSR user agrees with

What is popular is not always right.
Reply 465
Hating on someone's philosophy and every way of life, history, family traditions, their parents way of life, their friends way of life, etc... does have some hateful impact on the person.
“I respect you as a person too much to respect your ridiculous beliefs.” - Johann Hari

As I have said, nuance, sophistication, shades of grey. Time for you to leave the childish world of binary thought.
Reply 466
Original post by mariachi
well, he (alevelstresss) seems to be happy about his performance, so everything is fine

best
That'll be the Dunning-Kruger effect.
Original post by DanGG
What is popular is not always right.

Quite

and an example would be the homophobia rampant in the muslim community

Just because it's popular doesn't make it right
Reply 468

What? No link to the fabled "2-3 months ago" comment?

You do surprise me!
A worryingly large number of people on here.

And hating Islam is implicitly hating Muslims. Its slightly absurd to say "yeah your religion is disgusting, your prophet is a pedo, your every way of life is a shambles, but you're an OK person I suppose".

Absolutely false. Hating on Islam is not implicitly hating on Muslims despite what the "you're all Islamophobic" brigade would have everyone believe.
(edited 7 years ago)

Argumentum ad populum fallacy compounded further by the absence of negative reps.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Absolutely false. Hating on Islam is not implicitly hating on Muslims despite what the "you're all Islamophobic" bridge would have everyone believe.

It simply is though, you can't hate someone's way of life and a large portion of their culture without incurring hateful implications on the person.

If you were to say 'criticise' instead, then I would agree
It simply is though, you can't hate someone's way of life and a large portion of their culture without incurring hateful implications on the person.

It isn't because you're hating an idea, not a person. You can vehemently disagree with the beliefs they have without discriminating against them.

Incurring? You mean causing?
Reply 474

Do you similarly castigate Muslims who "hate" the way of life, culture, traditions, etc, of liberal secular non-Muslims?
Bear in mind that the hating of the individual is explicit in Islam, rather than implied. The Quran clearly states that disbelievers are "the vilest of creatures" and there shall be "enmity and hate" between Muslims and disbelievers until they accept Islam. All Muslims believe the Quran to be 100% perfect.

Am I to expect a new thread where you condemn Muslims for such attitudes?
Thought not.

It isn't because you're hating an idea, not a person. You can vehemently disagree with the beliefs they have without discriminating against them.
it's largely semantics

opposing, strongly criticising, hating, vehemently disliking.... these are just words, and shades of gray

it's the PC brigade which starts shouting islamophobia, islamophobia, islamophobia if someone points out the dark side of Islam

and yes, persons quite often are much better (or worse) than what their religion or political ideology would suggest
(edited 7 years ago)

Islam isn't just an 'idea' or 'ideology', its the way of life, history and culture of 1.6 billion people.

And disagreeing with beliefs is not equivalent to hating, which is what I am talking about. Get that into your head, this is about HATING a religion - which many people here do, not criticising or disagreeing with it.
Argumentum ad populum fallacy compounded further by the absence of negative reps.

We both know that the absence of negative reps is compensated by positive reps for the disagreeing post on page 1, by contrast, my post is doing better.
I this is about HATING a religion - which many people here do.
is there a difference between hating and HATING ?
Original post by mariachi
is there a difference between hating and HATING ?

yes, the letters are in capitals

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending