A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Results:
Maths: predicted A/ achieved A
Further Maths: predicted A/ Achieved A
Biology: predicted A/ Achieved B
Chemistry: predicted A/ Achieved A

Comments:
Disappointed with the B in Biology and I probably won't be applying to Cambridge anymore. The rest were great though!

Future Ambitions:
Hopefully Medicine!!!
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Thanks. I don't think you know how the A* works for Further Maths do you?

You have to get 90% over your best 3 A2 modules.
If you post the modules you are doing I can give some examples if you like.
Reply 462
History - B
English - B
Biology - U
Chemistry - E

I'm very disappointed with my results in biology and chemistry even though I really knew it was coming tbh. I suppose I have to do chemistry next year but I really didn't want to. I need to get ABB at least next year. Will it be possible considering I got an E at AS chemistry?
Original post by Nai18
So if I achieved say 86 in C3 90 in C4 but 94 in M1 is that an A because of the C3 and C4 average?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll if your cores average at 90+ you'll be fine and then you can fluctuate for M1
Original post by mughushed
(reserving for results day)

Results
English Lit: Predicted A / Achieved B
Sociology: Predicted A / Achieved A
Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
History: Predicted A / Achieved C

Comments and reactions
I'm....really really really disappointed. B in my best subject, the one i want to do at uni, and a C in the subject I wanted to keep! Sociology is great, not surprised because i thought the exams went amazingly. But I got an A in Biology which is SUCH a shock - i only dropped 5 marks across both breadth and depth!!! HOW??? Anyway, now i don't know whether to drop Bio (what i was gonna drop originally) or history, ahhh

Future ambitions
English Literature and Creative Writing at Warwick Uni is my number 1 goal!

Is sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was
Original post by prostheticzeta
Results

β€’

Sociology: predicted B /achieved A

β€’

Business: Predicted C / Achieved B

β€’

Chemistry: Predicted B/ Achieved U (lol)

β€’

Dutch: Predicted A / Achieved C

β€’

Russian: Predicted B/ Achieved A

Comments and reactionsAm overall pleased with results, I was expecting the grade I got for chemistry big time as I really struggled with this subject even though I really enjoyed it. Am very surprised about Dutch too as I thought I did much better than that, so am sending it for a remark since I'm only 2 marks of a B Future ambitions Quite like to study at either Sheffield or Durham, international Business is where it at!

Is your sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was
Original post by gh0527
I don't know if this is the right place to post but I really need some advice!
I got my AS results
Psychology (A)
Sociology (A)
Philosophy (A)
Chinese (A)
Biology (C)

I want to do Psychology in university and I am aiming for UCL + russell group unis, I studied the hardest for Biology yet I did the worst in it. I am torn on whether or not to drop Biology or Philosophy. I know the course is competitive so I don't want to weaken my application, but I'm risking a solid AAA maybe even A*AA compared to an AAB if I continued on with Biology. What should I do? I emailed the admissions tutor and I'm waiting for a reply. I'm also doing the EPQ, i know it won't be a part of the offer but would that compensate me not taking Biology? Please help!!!

Is your sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was
Original post by neevyneevy
Results

β€’

Biology: A

β€’

Psychology: A

β€’

Sociology: A

β€’

Chemistry: B

Comments and reactions
extremely happy!

Future ambitions
Study Biochemistry

Was the sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was
Results

β€’

Maths: Predicted ? / Achieved A (300/300 UMS)

β€’

Further Maths: Predicted ? / Achieved A (271/300 UMS)

I didnt do any more AS, but my internal exams were good (AAB with Predictions A*AA). My maths predicteds were predicated on my AS results, so I presume A*A*, but no guarantee.

Comments and reactions
Very happy, did as well I hoped. Cambridge pipe-dream is still go, even with my below average GCSEs

Future ambitions
Engineering at Cambridge.
(edited 7 years ago)
Results

β€’

Business Studies: Predicted C / Achieved E

β€’

Physics: Predicted C / Achieved U

Comments and reactionsso annoyed, disappointed and upsetFuture ambitionswas planning on going to year 13 then uni to study business. now I'm not sure what to do. i can stay in year 13 and cary on with my ICT and maths linear subjects then carry on business and try super hard then drop physics and pick up an AS out of little selection (probably product design). which means after year 13 i'll only have 2 A levels and 2 AS levels which will be hard to make it into uni.

my parents are trying to persuade me to just ditch year 13 as they think its not worth it and that id be better off going to college or doing an apprenticeship.

i really really wanna go to 6th form.

what should i do?!? :frown:
Original post by rayquaza17
you have to get 90% over your best 3 a2 modules.
If you post the modules you are doing i can give some examples if you like.

Maths AS: C1, C2, M1. Maths A2: C3, c4, m2. Further Maths AS: Fp1, S1, D1. Further Maths A2: FP module, S2, D2.
Edit: Teachers at college are unsure
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 471
Results:

Politics- predicted A, received A
R.S.- predicted A, received A
French- predicted A, received B

History is linear but predicted A*/A for A2

Dropping politics for A2

Reaction:

I'm really pleased with my results other than French. The french marks were down for the whole group, and the teachers are very confused so probably going to get a remark (only 5 marks off an A).

Future ambitions:

Theology at Cambridge, and yes I am still going to apply with a B as I got a high UMS average for RS and an A* in my RS based EPQ. Other than that, Durham, St Andrews, Bristol, maybe Aberdeen or Nottingham.
Original post by WhyDoIEvenTry?
Results:
Maths: predicted A/ achieved A
Further Maths: predicted A/ Achieved A
Biology: predicted A/ Achieved B
Chemistry: predicted A/ Achieved A

Comments:
Disappointed with the B in Biology and I probably won't be applying to Cambridge anymore. The rest were great though!

Future Ambitions:
Hopefully Medicine!!!

Hi, am pretty impressed with your result and would like to know how you worked during the year to achieve it. I hope to achieve 4 As as i start my AS this September.
Reply 473
Politics-predicted B/achieved A
Economics-predicted C/ achieved D
History-predicted C/achieved B

Overall I'm pleased especially no doubt with Politics and considering that I revised but not wholeheartedly for each exam. Feel that I have to brush up with Eco in the coming months and try and turn things around in order to maximise my performance when it comes to A2 exams next year.
Psychology - Predicted: C / Achieved: A
Biology - Predicted: D / Achieved: C
Sociology - Predicted: C / Achieved: C

Considering i had 32% attendance at one point i'll take those :wink:
Here goes nuttin...

History
342/400 A
75 a* 104 a

Biology
507/600 A
86 a 120 a 40 c (woops EMPA)

French
341/400 A
129 a* 65 a* 100 b

General Studies :lol:
370/400 A*
100 a* 98 a*

Screw you, General. Of all the things I could've got an A* in, it had to be the one that I didn't revise and wrote 'I have no idea what you're talking about' for one of the essay questions. God's sake, there are karmic forces punishing me. My firm has rejected me anyway.
Original post by an_atheist
Results

β€’

Maths: Predicted ? / Achieved A (300/300 UMS)

β€’

Further Maths: Predicted ? / Achieved A (271/300 UMS)

I didnt do any more AS, but my internal exams were good (AAB with Predictions A*AA). My maths predicteds were predicated on my AS results, so I presume A*A*, but no guarantee.

Comments and reactions
Very happy, did as well I hoped. Cambridge pipe-dream is still go, even with my below average GCSEs

Future ambitions
Engineering at Cambridge.

Hey! Join the 300/300 Maths club :biggrin:
I'm applying to Cambridge too, but for Economics. How did you find M2 this year? Thought it was reasonably hard (this is Edexcel btw).
Original post by Spur
Results

β€’

History: A / A

β€’

English Literature: A / A

β€’

Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics): A / A

Comments and reactions
Well, wow. Considering how screwed my class in Philosophy (teacher got fired halfway through the year) and how badly I felt I did on my History exam, I am very happy with this report. Philosophy I self-predicted a C, History a B. Far as I know I'm only one in my year doing AS Levels with straights As - will need to ask around, but otherwise I've done very well.

Future ambitions
I'm able to change the universities I aspire for - I have Leeds (AAB), Birmingham and Hull (both ABB) remaining in the crosshairs. I've gotten rid of Southampton and Leicester (both BBB universities), with Birmignham and Hull replacing them as my absolute last resorts and I'm now aiming for Edinburgh and Durham (AAA) as my top choices.

How were you able to achieve these amazing result?
Reply 478
btec applied science: predicted d*/ achieved D*
maths predicted B/ achieved C
physics predicted B / achieved C
reaction: disappointed i didnt meet my predicted grade.
future ambitions: possibly air transport management at loughborough or economics at coventry university. Im so confused
Reply 479
Original post by mollyjoy1998
We'll if your cores average at 90+ you'll be fine and then you can fluctuate for M1

Because it's cumulative do you need a set score out of the 6 modules or does it have to rely on you getting 90+ on the cores even if you reach that set score.

Quick Reply

Latest