The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston's Clearing Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello

I received an offer from Aston today through clearing! but I am kinda confused I know Aston is brilliant for optometry and Pharmacy but in the completeuniversity guide website I couldn't even find Aston University in top 30 in engineering, is it really that bad or something else :frown:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
I've sent in an online application for Biomedical Science for clearing for which the minimum requirements seem to be BBC.

However my results go accordingly:
Biology - B
Maths - B
Chemistry - D

I also included my GCSE results and my other general qualifications into the application? Would they also contribute to the application process?

Is there a chance I could be accepted into the actual course and not have to take a foundation year? I am really not liking the idea of a foundation year after hearing about anecdotes from people I know.
Original post by Tajwar786
Hello

I received an offer from Aston today through clearing! but I am kinda confused I know Aston is brilliant for optometry and Pharmacy but in the completeuniversity guide website I couldn't even find Aston University in top 30 in engineering, is it really that bad or something else :frown:

Hi,

Which course did you receive an offer for?*

Josh*
Original post by Studious_Student
I've sent in an online application for Biomedical Science for clearing for which the minimum requirements seem to be BBC.

However my results go accordingly:
Biology - B
Maths - B
Chemistry - D

I also included my GCSE results and my other general qualifications into the application? Would they also contribute to the application process?

Is there a chance I could be accepted into the actual course and not have to take a foundation year? I am really not liking the idea of a foundation year after hearing about anecdotes from people I know.

Hi,

I can't really speculate on admission processes, what i can tell you is that, that course is in clearing at BBC, thus you fall just short of the clearing entry requirement, however there is some flexibility and these may change.

Unfortunately you'll just have to sit tight and see what happens.

Good luck!

Josh**
Hi, I achieved D*D*A and would like to use adjustment to apply for the law sandwich course at Aston. I am struggling to get through on the phone and fear places might run out. Any chance you could help?

Original post by sonicmailman
Hi, I achieved D*D*A and would like to use adjustment to apply for the law sandwich course at Aston. I am struggling to get through on the phone and fear places might run out. Any chance you could help?

Hi sorry to hear you're struggling to get through,

Both 0121 333 4004 and the online clearing form here can be used: http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/apply-now/

Good luck

Josh
Original post by Aston University
Hi sorry to hear you're struggling to get through,

Both 0121 333 4004 and the online clearing form here can be used: http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/apply-now/

Good luck

Josh

Hi!

I got an offer to do law through adjustment :smile:

I received an email, I sent a direct reply to the email saying I accept the offer. I also sent one to the email specified within the email as I weren't which email address I had to send it to. What happens next?
Original post by sonicmailman
Hi!

I got an offer to do law through adjustment :smile:

I received an email, I sent a direct reply to the email saying I accept the offer. I also sent one to the email specified within the email as I weren't which email address I had to send it to. What happens next?

Congratulations,

If you've accepted the offer in writing you should just have to wait for track to update with your adjustment offer for our course. This normally should happen within an hour or so. Keep an eye on track and if you start to worry, call our conformation hotline on 0121 204 4444 and select option 2.

See you in September :smile:

Josh
Congratulations,

If you've accepted the offer in writing you should just have to wait for track to update with your adjustment offer for our course. This normally should happen within an hour or so. Keep an eye on track and if you start to worry, call our conformation hotline on 0121 204 4444 and select option 2.

Josh

Thank you!
Congratulations,

Josh

Thank you!
Hi,

I can't really speculate on admission processes, what i can tell you is that, that course is in clearing at BBC, thus you fall just short of the clearing entry requirement, however there is some flexibility and these may change.

Unfortunately you'll just have to sit tight and see what happens.

Good luck!

Josh**

Thank you, but unfortunately I got declined via email this morning. :frown:

Is there a possibility to call them in the future and see if they would still accept me if they have any free places?
Reply 51
Hi everyone,

I've accepted a place through clearing and am trying to apply for accommodation, I wondered if anyone else has been successful so far?

I can't seem to get bast the 'Register' stage before I apply and keep seeing this message:

"ERROR: Your personal details have not been validated successfully. Please re-enter your details or contact the Accommodation and Residential Services at [email protected] to inform them of any difficulties, stating your UCAS/Student ID Number and full name."

Is anyone else receiving the same difficulties or is it just me?
my offer got accepted through clearing on thursday and i still havent recieved an email from them regarding accomodation, what should i do?
Original post by Bumcroft
Hi everyone,

I've accepted a place through clearing and am trying to apply for accommodation, I wondered if anyone else has been successful so far?

I can't seem to get bast the 'Register' stage before I apply and keep seeing this message:

"ERROR: Your personal details have not been validated successfully. Please re-enter your details or contact the Accommodation and Residential Services at [email protected] to inform them of any difficulties, stating your UCAS/Student ID Number and full name."

Is anyone else receiving the same difficulties or is it just me?

Hi,

Are you using your UCAS ID or your student ID? Your student ID should be 9 digits long starting with "16."

If problems persist please do as stated and shoot an email to [email protected]

Josh
Original post by mariarose_
my offer got accepted through clearing on thursday and i still havent recieved an email from them regarding accomodation, what should i do?

Hi Maria,

If you haven't received the email with your student number then please ring our conformation hotline on Monday from 9am onwards or contact the admissions team for your school of study. If you let me know your course i can point you to the right email address.

From there you should be able to apply using our accommodation portal at www.aston.ac.uk/asv
Reply 55
I got a verbal agreement for chemistry through adjustment on Friday but ucas track hasn't updated and I haven't got any email. What do I do?
Original post by Shdfshc
I got a verbal agreement for chemistry through adjustment on Friday but ucas track hasn't updated and I haven't got any email. What do I do?

Hi,

If you've confirmed your clearing code on UCAS i wouldn't worry too much. Last i checked there was a bottleneck on our end processing the offers. I wouldn't worry as your offer will have been logged and assigned to your UCAS ID number.

That being said you can give our conformation hotline a call on 0121 204 4444 if you want to double check.it's open 9-5 today.

Hope that helps.

Josh*
Hi, I submitted my accommodation application on 20/08/16 and the status has not yet changed from "Awaiting Verification" is this normal?
I've heard that there is no more accomodation places for those who went through clearing, is this true?
Original post by mariarose_
I've heard that there is no more accomodation places for those who went through clearing, is this true?

Hi,

We are yet to complete allocation of accommodation to clearing students, whilst the number of available rooms is always limited for clearing students, i would write that off as scaremongering at this point in time.

Accommodation is allocated on a first come first serve basis after clearing, thus the sooner you applied the higher your chances. There is also plenty of off campus accommodation available in Birmingham through private companies.*
Josh*

Quick Reply

Latest