The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Agent R5
How did you get the remark back so early?

Priority remark probs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hugo13
My track still isnt updated, I still apparenty hold conditional firm and insurance offers :s-smilie: although my firm uni has rejected me by emailing me, I called my insurance uni up and they said they will confirm my place after I send them my gcse certificates. Ive sent them off but I still havent got a place confirmed??! Anyone in a similar situation?

Probably swamped with clearing ****, give them a bit of time before trying to call again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Nice, congrats.
Despite our differences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah congrats to you too for getting into Cambridge. Sorry about my comments (I was in the wrong) I was just really worried about not meeting my offer. In the end, I met it by 1 ums!
Original post by Agent R5
How did you get the remark back so early?

I guess my college is just super efficient at dealing with remarks :wink:
Well I know you hate me but I will give you help after you called me a dickhead anyway.
In AS i got AABD in maths FM physics and chem. So similar to yours.
I got offers from cambridge,warwick, ucl and kings and was rejected from imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow you got an offer (and met!) from Cambridge with those AS grades. They must have really liked at interview or something :wink:
Original post by Aph
Well done!!!
They you probably shouldn't resit because the stress will be insane.

Thanks! We'll see. I'm just excited to go to Warwick. I wonder what the workload is like.
Original post by target21859
Wow you got an offer (and met!) from Cambridge with those AS grades. They must have really liked at interview or something :wink:

Lol abit more complicated and long winded than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol abit more complicated and long winded than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you sneak into their office and send yourself an offer? :wink: :cool::cool::laugh:
Reply 9548
Original post by target21859
I'm just excited to go to Warwick.

Which course?
Original post by SH0405
Which course?

Maths Mmath G103 :smile:
I kind of died when I opened the envelope.
Two As, Biology and Psychology.
A B in maths (A C1, A C2 but a C in stats...)
C in chemistry
Well I know you hate me but I will give you help after you called me a dickhead anyway.
I got offers from cambridge,warwick, ucl and kings and was rejected from imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to clarify things up I said you were ACTING like a dickhead (emphasis on acting). Tbh I don't hate you...don't forget you actually called me a wasteman. Anyways with all those childish things aside, what were your GCSEs like? Could be a factor for me!
Reply 9552
Why do so many student accounts pay so little interest :sigh:
Original post by Aph
Why do so many student accounts pay so little interest :sigh:

Because the benefit is with the large overdraft instead...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/Student-bank-account is the best article comparing different accounts
Original post by Abirella
Hey guys my school wont let me do A2 in Biology and Economics as I didn't get a minimum of a D. However I want to do those subjects for A-level. Is it possible for me to retake year 12 in another school and start again? Will they let me? Any advice much appreciated.

Why don't you consider doing a Foundation programme in your chosen course? I don't know it will be available for the course that you want to do, but you can check. I think there are Foundation courses at Kings College, UCL, Sussex etc.

I think that it will be better to pursue a foundation programme in addition to your undergraduate degree. That way, you don't have to stress about A' Levels or whether you will get the required grades.

Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to pry, but which Cambridge College did you get an offer from? Did you finally get the grades for Cambridge?
Can someone please give me some advice.

Yesterday I got AAB which meant my firm rejected me and i got into my insurance (Firm:A*AA, Insurance:AAB)

I got the B in Physics, which i was quite dissapointed with. I am 14 UMS off an A. I was wondering, even though I am in my insurance Uni by meeting their grades, would I still be allowed a remark? And would I also be allowed a priority remark? Or is this only for people whose grades make the difference for a place at uni or not?

I want to get 3 As because I think it would look a lot better when applying for jobs in the future, but since I'm already at Uni, would my college/exam board see it as not important and reject me getting a remark?

Thanks
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Yeh it is really strange because they are adamant they sent it out through EMAIL AND POST! My mother always checks the mail and if anything is addressing me e.g unis etc shell let me know or open them on my behalf she her self is 100℅ certain I didn't receive no reminders no dBs forms in the post. My emails never get deleted yet I have got a 10 or so emails from the uni which is just general emails such as "have a live chat" "nightlife" etc. Nothing no phone call.mail or.email. I don't understand how I can get penalised for something I didn't do. Also unis can't be "full" since caps were removed? I'm going to speak later on today.

DMU ****ed me up too (Audiology). They claimed they sent it in the post and email in June but I received nothing. It's pathetic.
Original post by Wired_1800
Sorry to pry, but which Cambridge College did you get an offer from? Did you finally get the grades for Cambridge?

Well i got 2 offers missed first one reapplied got in again. First time Fitzwilliam(plainly cause i knew someone there lol) second time Homerton(DoS was rather positive in response and accomadation)
Reply 9559
Original post by PQ
Because the benefit is with the large overdraft instead...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/Student-bank-account is the best article comparing different accounts

Yeah I've read that. It just means that for those of us who never expect to use our overdraft there is little choise.

Quick Reply

Latest