The Student Room Group

Retaking Year 12 advice please

I did not get the results that will let me continue to do A2 with my AS subjects but I did get the results I deserved. I have messed up and it's because of the lack of revision and effort I put into my revision. However I do believe in second chances and I know I can do it again and do well I am willing to get up and have another go. Is it possible to redo year 12 in another school? My current school wont let me therefore I have no other choice than go to another school and start again.
Reply 1
Yes it is possible just call up another collage
Reply 2
Original post by _RochL
Yes it is possible just call up another collage

Thank you for your reply. I will call them up today.
Reply 3
However my school told me other schools wont fund it and will not let me do them again. :frown:
Reply 4
The will I know plenty of people who had to redo year 12 and they got in for free
Yes, it is most definitely possible, ring up other colleges in the area and they will be happy to accept you. Well done for making the first step towards better grades, it is very important that you realise the mistakes made last year so that they are not repeated again.

Good luck and I wish you all the best x
Reply 6
Original post by _RochL
The will I know plenty of people who had to redo year 12 and they got in for free

Really and did they get to do the A-level subjects they wanted to do? I went to another sixth form yesterday and they told me they couldn't offer me the A-level subjects I wanted to do and said they could only offer me BTEC courses. I was extremely upset and burst into tears. I have made a mistake and I just want another chance and start again. Do you think I should try at another sixth form? Will they still enroll? Thanks for your reply I appreciated :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by CaliforNeema
Yes, it is most definitely possible, ring up other colleges in the area and they will be happy to accept you. Well done for making the first step towards better grades, it is very important that you realise the mistakes made last year so that they are not repeated again.

Good luck and I wish you all the best x

Hey I just read your reply and thanks. However I went to another sixth form yesterday and they told me they wouldn't let me do the subjects I wanted do and said they wouldn't fund it. I was extremely upset and cried. This is the only sixth form I tried though so I will try at other sixth forms still. I just feel like they will say the same thing and then I will feel rejected again :frown: I don't want to go back to my old sixth form and don't feel ready to continue to year 13 with only Psychology and BTEC applied science. I can't go to a good uni which I want to. I don't know what to do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, the best thing you can do is search for your local council's youth and student support service. I think that every council has one in place and there you can book an appointment or drop in an chat to a careers advisor who knows the subjects that all the colleges and sixth forms in the area have to offer and can help you with making the right decision forward. If you need help to find them pm me your local council name and I can help you to find their contact details. Please don't lose hope! I know that you will find the perfect sixth form or college for you x

Quick Reply

Latest