The Student Room Group

Application Advice - Law 2017

GCSE profile - AAAAABBBBBC
AS profile - AAAB(Eng Lit, Hist, ICT, RS)
Predicted - AAA

I think i'll get AAB though.

Where do I apply? Obviously my GCSE profile is far from glamorous, but to what extent will these GCSEs impede my chances of gaining entrance into a top university for law? Where could I go with AAB or where could I get an AAB offer?

Cheers in advance, lads
Honestly GCSEs are one of the most minor parts of your application, A Levels and personal statements are much more important - I haven't heard anyone mention GCSEs throughout my whole experience with uni applications this year. Obviously only you know which unis would suit you as you'll have so many options, but I suggest you pick a top two, one that has AAA requirements and one with AAB, in case you 1) exceed your expectations 2) come results day they let it slide, as I've seen this happen to many many people this year (my friend got into an AAA Sussex course with ABC). Then the AAB option gives you a stable backup in case things go wrong. You have loads of time to research though and there are so many good universities for law with that kind of requirements e.g. Manchester, Nottingham - hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by elizahughes
Honestly GCSEs are one of the most minor parts of your application, A Levels and personal statements are much more important - I haven't heard anyone mention GCSEs throughout my whole experience with uni applications this year. Obviously only you know which unis would suit you as you'll have so many options, but I suggest you pick a top two, one that has AAA requirements and one with AAB, in case you 1) exceed your expectations 2) come results day they let it slide, as I've seen this happen to many many people this year (my friend got into an AAA Sussex course with ABC). Then the AAB option gives you a stable backup in case things go wrong. You have loads of time to research though and there are so many good universities for law with that kind of requirements e.g. Manchester, Nottingham - hope this helps :smile:

Nottingham is A*AA and LNAT and I'm not going to sit the LNAT because there are prestigious universities that don't require LNAT, it's so hard to choose 5 haha
Oh really?? I know a few girls doing it there with poorer grades - you may be predicted an A* though! I just recommend visiting as many unis as you can because I know a few people who had to settle for unis that they've never been to - try and work out what you want from a uni first e.g. location, course (so much mort important!), style of uni etc., you can never be fully prepared but you'll just have a good feeling about somewhere when you know you'll like it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending