The Student Room Group

Lower a-level results that you wanted

Hiya, my friend got a C in AQA Physics this year and he didn't get into the uni he always dreamt of so he wants to retake a year he's done well in two of his exams so he would only retake ISA (practical). However my question is, can he do so? Because I know there's a new specification in AQA physics next year, so does it mean he'd have to retake the whole alevel?
Original post by hooliyah.joolz
Hiya, my friend got a C in AQA Physics this year and he didn't get into the uni he always dreamt of so he wants to retake a year he's done well in two of his exams so he would only retake ISA (practical). However my question is, can he do so? Because I know there's a new specification in AQA physics next year, so does it mean he'd have to retake the whole alevel?

I can't directly answer your question (I'm not sure if there are still old spec resits next year) but unless he got very, very little in terms of % of UMS from the ISA and very high in the exam, it's probably not worth resitting the ISA on its own because it contributes less in terms of UMS. So I would say if he's redoing ISAs, do the exams as well unless he's got an A in each exam.

Quick Reply

Latest