The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are Drug Dealers at fault or Drug Addicts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
we need to take the lead from countries such as the Philippines which have robust ways of dealing with these people.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/philippines-president-duterte-says-kill-all-drug-dealers

Hey bear, i hope you're not condoning or encouraging illegal activity?
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
The addicts are to blame.

I would agree with this - it's their choice.

Interested to know your stance on drug laws?
Original post by elmosandy
Discussion on Facebook today-

Are Drug Dealers at fault for the destruction of addict lives or is it the drug addicts themselves who are responsible? - Which decision would you make to say who's solely responsible? You can have a opinion of both , but I want to know what do you think- who's fault is it? the drug dealer at fault overall or addicts? Which one? ( both meaning you think both are at fault but overall I think .. xyd ..., )

I'm in two sides of this, but I think the Drug Dealer is more in the wrong even if the addicts are more responsible to what happens to their lives.

Some people argue comparable to going to mcdonalds and then blaming them for your bad health but then again I see saying a drug addict is totally fault as saying ' if you didn't wear short skirts you wouldn't be attacked raped, etc ' or even such as ' you put yourself in that position, drunk, anything can happen, you can't defend yourself, you knew this while you were taking a drink, therefore you shouldn't cry rape or whatever'..

Just wanted to know everyone's opinion.

Credits to whoever moved this in society.

* edit, this is not put there to judge, I have not taken drugs, nor do I intend do, just simply following a discussion on facebook where a mother shared a photo of her baby ashes and the comments were filled with ' well, sorry it is sad, but it''s not drug dealers fault at all. '

Drug dealing exists because there is a market and a demand for the product (i.e: drugs)

If nobody wanted to do or try illegal drugs there would be no drug dealers, therefore it is the addicts fault.

This is a gross simplification as drugs and addiction are more complicated than that and the dealers don't help by further fueling the problem but the love of money is the root of all evil
is mcdonalds at fault or are obese people at fault?
Reply 64
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
Because they are making a choice.

If I cash in all my investments, empty my bank account and pop to the corner shop to buy thousands of cigarettes I am the one to blame for my own stupidity. It's not the corner shop owner's fault for stocking them. Me. It's all on me. Christ.

Hm that's true.

Don't go christ when I was quoting @alevelstresss

Original post by Truth88
Governments for forcing them into poverty, (inflation, less jobs and no wage increase)

Governments forcing who into poverty/ Addicts or Dealers?
Original post by the bear
we need to take the lead from countries such as the Philippines which have robust ways of dealing with these people.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/philippines-president-duterte-says-kill-all-drug-dealers

If you want to live in a land of evil dystopian fear, where everyone is terrorised into bland conformity, then yes. Duarte is a common murdering thug scumbag who deserves the same bullet to the back of the head that he has condemned thousands to without trial. Use your imagination you cretin, it could be anyone, your family, you, anyone, death squads care about the terror, not accuracy.
Without the demand there would be no supply.

Think of it this way: dealers are merely providing a service. It's entirely up to the individual whether they make use of that service or not.
So? Majority of users are probably college or school leavers based on popular threads.

But everything comes bakc to university ' well 16 or 22 year old relationship can work if 22 hasn't gone to university ' it's like everything is valued against and placed, (and it's only respected if you go to) university. You have to mention university all the time. Was it necessary to mention it on this particular thread? You have to bring university into everything. It's always something to do with university. It doesn't have to be relevant all the time. I haven't seen anyone obsession with Russel Group than thestudentroom. It's ridiculous. Life isn't just university. Difference being part of a student forum and masturbating to the Oxbridge rankings.

yeah tsr is cancer when comes to this. Its good for exam discussions and results day stuff but thats about it.
Well, it is obviously the addicts and users, they create a market and the dealers exploit that.

It's the same as the pharmaceutical company- they make medicine to keep people sick. It's all them.

What??
Original post by swanderfeild
Oh yes absolutely agree on the education, people should be educated and informed about effect of drug use as well as free rehabilitation, and we should have stuff on packaging so anyone who buys it knows absolutely what they are doing.
If they choose to proceed, we might as well ensure they're getting what they think they're getting rather than say fragments of glass or paint thinners as well as regulating its potency; and get some tax out of it.

Yeah. If people decide to do drugs they should know how to do so safely.
Addicts. If there was no demand there would be no supply.

It's a pity police only go after those who sell drugs. Arresting those who use/buy/possess would deter a much greater number of people.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Addicts. If there was no demand there would be no supply.

It's a pity police only go after those who sell drugs. Arresting those who use/buy/possess would deter a much greater number of people.

You are a ****ing fascist, it is none of your or anyone else's business how others may or may not wish to alter their brain chemistry, now **** off like a nice little obedient ruminant and live your life exactly as you are told to by the malevolent late capitalist system, buy some overpriced **** and never dare question one single thing. Prohibition is coming to and end in the West, and all you uptight petty moralising groupthought mutha****as will just have to deal with it...

**** y'all, I'm wasting no more time on ground down compliant Logan's Run style people
Original post by Peter Mondragon
You are a ****ing fascist, it is none of your or anyone else's business how others may or may not wish to alter their brain chemistry, now **** off like a nice little obedient ruminant and live your life exactly as you are told to by the malevolent late capitalist system, buy some overpriced **** and never dare question one single thing. Prohibition is coming to and end in the West, and all you uptight petty moralising groupthought mutha****as will just have to deal with it...

**** y'all, I'm wasting no more time on ground down compliant Logan's Run style people

That said, I'm loving the asterisks, it's like reading a newspaper in the 90s...

I'm a fascist for wanting people to not be criminals, not to ruin their mental health or have to deal with the kinds of people that sell such filth? Sure lmao

There has never been a 'war' on drugs. Police should jail those who choose to buy illegal substances to put people off buying. If wanting to uphold the law makes me a 'petty, moralising, groupthought mutha****' (so eloquently put, by the way), then so be it.

Have fun being a drug taking degenerate.
Reply 75

Hun, you're on some next level of cocaine.
Reply 76
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
I'm a fascist for wanting people to not be criminals, not to ruin their mental health or have to deal with the kinds of people that sell such filth? Sure lmao

There has never been a 'war' on drugs. Police should jail those who choose to buy illegal substances to put people off buying. If wanting to uphold the law makes me a 'petty, moralising, groupthought mutha****' (so eloquently put, by the way), then so be it.

Have fun being a drug taking degenerate.

Told me i'm a drug user because I must have taken aspirin once in my life - so calls me a hypocrite for making a judgemental thread when I've taken drugs once in my life
Reply 77
Original post by SugarCoatedCart
yeah tsr is cancer when comes to this. Its good for exam discussions and results day stuff but thats about it.

Someone said on a Top 10 University Rankings thread that they would hang themselves if they didn't get into the Top 10 uni.

Last year I asked will I get into sixth form because xyd and someone said lol sixth form and wait until university i've had known people who went to boarding school and have now gone into low nottingham to study travel and tourism what's the point. At least I got into a Russell Group!!!! '
Waffle
Both activities are illegal and therefore both parties are at fault.
Told me i'm a drug user because I must have taken aspirin once in my life - so calls me a hypocrite for making a judgemental thread when I've taken drugs once in my life

Which is a totally absurd comparison. Legal and beneficial vs illegal, addictive and damaging.

Starting to think it's just a troll. No one can be that retarded.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending