The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9580
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I think we should ring or put a case together bring it higher up to the media or someone who can take action etc since this is not on. I have got an insurance choice of manchester what was your firm?

Its a joke how i met academic option yet didnt meet a form check...

How did psychology go?
Original post by NHM
How did psychology go?

I got an A
Yep this was dmu for me aswell how about you?

I did not experience anything like this. Have you found any other option in clearing?
Original post by Wired_1800
I did not experience anything like this. Have you found any other option in clearing?

Ive got an insurance for manchester so im guaranteed to go to uni more of the fact spent alot of time deposit visiting dmu to get a feel for it etc now being turned down because of the fact i hadnt recieved a form
Original post by Antonia Jane
Hi! Can someone help me? My 16 year old son got stright A's at AS in: Marine Science, French, Spanish, Biology and Chemistry. And an A* at A2 Spanish.
His lowest % was 89% and highest 93.66% in Chemistry 281 UMS. The school say he should be working towards A* next year. Too much pressure!
Can anyone give me an idea of the degree of possibility of getting A* at A2 on his results. (We live in Spain) I'm guessing that + 41 UMS at AS will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your son is doing the New A levels, he will have to do both AS and A2 again next year for most of his subjects. For the previous A-levels to get an A* you needed 90% average in your A2 modules otherwise an A* would not be rewarded (I'm unsure if this still applies), however if it does apply and your son gets 90% average in all of his exams A*s look very promising!

If you already haven't considered, he should definitely apply to Cambridge as they put quite a bit of emphasis on UMS (i've heard) thus making him a very strong applicant.

Best wishes for your sons A2 :smile:
Ive got an insurance for manchester so im guaranteed to go to uni more of the fact spent alot of time deposit visiting dmu to get a feel for it etc now being turned down because of the fact i hadnt recieved a form

Ah okay. Manchester is a decent University. So don't worry too much. Just look forward to life in Manchester and forget about DMU. If not, you will end up spending more time on an issue that won't matter in a matter of weeks.

All the best.
Original post by Wired_1800
Ah okay. Manchester is a decent University. So don't worry too much. Just look forward to life in Manchester and forget about DMU. If not, you will end up spending more time on an issue that won't matter in a matter of weeks.

All the best.

I suppose once i manage to find ANOTHER affordable accomodation then i wont be too stressed now more worried i have to find a flat now thats reasonable since compared to Leicester its more expensive.
Does anybody know that if you've been accepted an offer through clearing because of your current grades ( BBB).. And your remarks say go down .. Your overall grade doesn't change but the UMS might .. Are your university alright obliged to take you or they'll reject you ?

Because I have an offer through clearing for Sheffield I'm
Getting many papers remarked I'm
3 ums off A's in psychology /biology and 7 in economics .. So I'm
Just wondering ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suppose once i manage to find ANOTHER affordable accomodation then i wont be too stressed now more worried i have to find a flat now thats reasonable since compared to Leicester its more expensive.

I understand, but Manchester is overall a cheap city to live in and has the decent size to have many opportunities across the City. I suggest calling the accommodation office at the University of Manchester to find a suitably cheap accommodation.

Private accommodations may not be as cheap as you think because they run their accommodation as a business. So they need to make a profit.

Good luck.
Can I just say congratulations to everyone here no matter what your results are - whether you've got your first choice uni or don't know what you're going to be doing, there's a place for you out in the wider world no matter what your results are, and you'll find something brilliant to do :smile:
Reply 9590
Original post by Ligand
A2
A* - OCR Salters Chemistry
A* - OCR Mathematics
A - OCR Physics

AS
A - OCR Salters Chemistry
A - OCR Mathematics
A - OCR Physics
A - Edexcel Biology

Going to study Chemistry at Durham!

I also got A*A*A and am studying chemistry at Durham!
I think I'm still in shock from results day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9592
Original post by coboyle098
I think I'm still in shock from results day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good shock or bad shock? :biggrin:
Original post by SH0405
Good shock or bad shock? :biggrin:

Good shock!!! I got 4As but funny story, I did Bio, Chem, Maths and Eng Lit, and I dropped English for about 5 months and SOMEHOW managed to get one mark off an A*😂 so I'm getting it remarked and hopefully it'll go up! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9594
Original post by coboyle098
Good shock!!! I got 4As but funny story, I did Bio, Chem, Maths and Eng Lit, and I dropped English for about 5 months and SOMEHOW managed to get one mark off an A*😂 so I'm getting it remarked and hopefully it'll go up! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice results. Are you AS?
Original post by SH0405
Nice results. Are you AS?

Nope, A2 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9596

Oh nice, where are you off to?
Original post by YaYazooGirl

Hey, sorry I just realised that I meant to write I got a *B in history. I was 4 marks off an A. Do you know who I contact to try and convince them? I remember the law department said on their website they'd consider people who went to open days and showed an interest in Warwick. *

Really? That's a good sign then. Hmm, I'm not sure tbh. Speak to admissions first and if they say no then phone again and ask to speak to someone from the law department.
When i got my goodluck email from kings, before they received my results, it said that if i havent metthe specified conditions, then I should contact them as they may still be able to consider me.
I didn't need to do this because they let me in with AAB rather than AAA, but my point is that it's worth phoning them and explaining that you were very close to an A in History
Original post by JoshC98
Got A*A*A in maths, further maths and economics respectively, will now go on to study economics at Bath! Absolutely ecstatic!

Woohoo, Economics and Maths at Bath here nice to see ya
Got A*A*AA in maths, physics, further maths and computing respectively and am going to Bath to study computer science. Anyone else on the same course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest