The Student Room Group

Finding a University

Hi,
I'm having a hard time finding a university in clearing with CCC + A in EPQ (330 UCAS points), to study Geography. I did have a place at the University of Leicester however I had to withdraw from that due to personal reasons.
I've looked at Keele University but I feel it's just not as reputable as Leicester, and not many people have even heard of it. Unfortunately I was one grade off getting into Queen Mary University in London, and now that it's been over a day since clearing began I'm starting to get a little worried.
I was wondering what I should do at this stage? I've already been on a gap year so I'd rather not take another one, but many universities are just slightly beyond my grasp. Should I just go to Keele University? I also looked at the University of Hull, however I've decided not to study there.
Original post by SymphonySpring
Hi,
I'm having a hard time finding a university in clearing with CCC + A in EPQ (330 UCAS points), to study Geography. I did have a place at the University of Leicester however I had to withdraw from that due to personal reasons.
I've looked at Keele University but I feel it's just not as reputable as Leicester, and not many people have even heard of it. Unfortunately I was one grade off getting into Queen Mary University in London, and now that it's been over a day since clearing began I'm starting to get a little worried.
I was wondering what I should do at this stage? I've already been on a gap year so I'd rather not take another one, but many universities are just slightly beyond my grasp. Should I just go to Keele University? I also looked at the University of Hull, however I've decided not to study there.

hi,
sorry to hear you are struggling. We have spaces on our Geography courses http://www.kingston.ac.uk/courses/find-a-course/undergraduate/a-z/g/?entryyearid=4 check them out here. Our clearing hotline is open till 6:30pm and the number is
0800 0483 334 where one of the team will be happy to speak to you. :smile:
We are also offering anyone who gets a place at Kingston via clearing today guaranteed accommodation.
Emily
Student ambassador
Geography was rather undersubscribed this year at a number of universities, for unknown reasons. Keep ringing around, and bear in mind that some universities will take grades a bit lower than those that they publish on their website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending