The Student Room Group

What are your plans for college?

Providing results day goes how you'd like it to, what is everyone planning on studying at sixth form / college? I'm such a nerd, because I'm so bloody excited to start and I just really want to talk to someone about college, haha :colondollar:

For me, I'm planning on doing Maths, French, Photography and History. I might drop history if it turns out to be way harder than I expect, but hopefully not...
Reply 1
I'm doing Math, Chem, Bio and Econs !! Haha I don't blame you I'm pretty excited as well, though not as much for the workload. What are you planning on studying at uni ?
Reply 2
I'm pretty damn excited also :smile:

Planning on taking:
Computer Science
History
Business Studies
OCA (Oracle Certified Associate Programmer I) (External Qualification)

Apparently according to a lot of my friends, History at A-level is a lot of fun, but is definitely not an easy subject.
I'm still in Year 10, but I've already (pretty much) decided on:

Maths

Further Maths

Computer Science

Physics/Economics

And I'm planning on taking Maths and/or CS at uni.
planning to do:
Biology
Chemistry
English Literature
French

I'll probably do the introductory Mandarin course they offer in year 13 because I did an EPQ this year along with my GCSE's and so don't fancy doing another :smile:
Original post by TheFame
Providing results day goes how you'd like it to, what is everyone planning on studying at sixth form / college? I'm such a nerd, because I'm so bloody excited to start and I just really want to talk to someone about college, haha :colondollar:

For me, I'm planning on doing Maths, French, Photography and History. I might drop history if it turns out to be way harder than I expect, but hopefully not...

I love your selection of subjects! What are you planning on doing with these subjects after college if you don't mind me asking (if you've thought that far ahead of course)?

I'm currently set on taking: English Literature, History, Psychology, Sociology & Photography. I cannot wait to start each of them, and don't worry, history may be difficult but it'll most certainly be enjoyable and will look great on your CV.

Hope results day goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm thinking of studying History, English Literature and Economics at A-Level! :biggrin: If I get the grades that is :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Cammy.1
I'm doing Math, Chem, Bio and Econs !! Haha I don't blame you I'm pretty excited as well, though not as much for the workload. What are you planning on studying at uni ?

So happy I'm not the only one looking forward to it!

Nice selection, and best of luck with the sciences! I could never wrap my head around any of it at GCSE level... The only thing saving me on results day is my ISA grade :laugh:

Edit: Oh, and at uni I'm planning on studying architecture... From what I can tell, there aren't any specific subjects they need, but they say do art and maths. They won't let me do art at college, so I'm gonna try and work on a portfolio in my own time :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Vyres
I'm pretty damn excited also :smile:

Planning on taking:
Computer Science
History
Business Studies
OCA (Oracle Certified Associate Programmer I) (External Qualification)

Apparently according to a lot of my friends, History at A-level is a lot of fun, but is definitely not an easy subject.

I'm mainly doing history to build up essay writing and researching skills for uni. Oh, and also to learn about the cold war... I kind of regret not doing history at GCSE, but at least I have the chance to do it now. Fingers crossed it won't be TOO hard! :crossedf:
Reply 9
Original post by TheFame
I'm mainly doing history to build up essay writing and researching skills for uni. Oh, and also to learn about the cold war... I kind of regret not doing history at GCSE, but at least I have the chance to do it now. Fingers crossed it won't be TOO hard! :crossedf:

History was absolutely amazing at GCSE, a load of fun to be honest, and yeah the cold war is an extremely interesting part of history which you'll enjoy learning.
Reply 10
Original post by GCSEStudent386
I love your selection of subjects! What are you planning on doing with these subjects after college if you don't mind me asking (if you've thought that far ahead of course)?

I'm currently set on taking: English Literature, History, Psychology, Sociology & Photography. I cannot wait to start each of them, and don't worry, history may be difficult but it'll most certainly be enjoyable and will look great on your CV.

Hope results day goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been thinking about university since the day I started nursery, which is weird because I'm from one of those areas where no-one is really bothered about school... It's been my dream to become an architect since I was a really little kid. Honestly, it's mad that I'm coming steps closer to making it come true :biggrin:

How about you? Any plans for uni?
Original post by TheFame
I've been thinking about university since the day I started nursery, which is weird because I'm from one of those areas where no-one is really bothered about school... It's been my dream to become an architect since I was a really little kid. Honestly, it's mad that I'm coming steps closer to making it come true :biggrin:

How about you? Any plans for uni?

That's so great to hear! I'm glad that you're persuing your dream career despite the apparent poor academic attitudes surrounding you (I know how you feel, btw).

And most definitely! I've always wanted to persue university alike yourself since it's such a surreal opportunity to develop not only your skills, but yourself personally, too. Hopefully I'll be off to Durham in 2 years time to study Psychology in Education if things go well!

Any idea about what university you might like to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths,French,History, and Photography are nerdy choices?

I wonder what I am then - with Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Chemistry :smug:
Reply 13
Original post by GCSEStudent386
That's so great to hear! I'm glad that you're persuing your dream career despite the apparent poor academic attitudes surrounding you (I know how you feel, btw).

And most definitely! I've always wanted to persue university alike yourself since it's such a surreal opportunity to develop not only your skills, but yourself personally, too. Hopefully I'll be off to Durham in 2 years time to study Psychology in Education if things go well!

Any idea about what university you might like to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't really got my heart set on a specific uni, but I'll probably go somewhere northern and close by. The main three I'm thinking about are York, Liverpool and Manchester...
Original post by TheFame

avoid 16 year olds drama
avoid 16 year olds girls all excited over "cute boys"
avoid 16 year olds as friends
get D*D* in Science, get A* in Maths

... thats all.
Reply 15
Original post by Mayhem™
Maths,French,History, and Photography are nerdy choices?

I wonder what I am then - with Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Chemistry :smug:

Okay, maybe I'm not such a nerd :lol:
I was gonna go down the science-y route, but then I realised I can't do anything related to science to save my life! I'm terrible and my chance of passing is hanging by a thread...
I am studying education social inclusion and special needs, I can not wait to come to Hull.*
Reply 17
Original post by ckfeister
avoid 16 year olds drama
avoid 16 year olds girls all excited over "cute boys"
avoid 16 year olds as friends
get D*D* in Science, get A* in Maths

... thats all.

A solid plan! I wish I could be one of those 'head down and focused' types, but I procrastinate way too much...

Quick Reply