The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Hope I hear back from PIP soon, even if it's bad news. Hate the waiting game :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply? My decision took 3-4 months to come through from date of assessment.
Original post by Anonymous
ED trigger

Spoiler

ED trigger

Original post by Noodlzzz
When did you apply? My decision took 3-4 months to come through from date of assessment.

I had my medical nearly a fortnight ago was told by the nurse who conducted the medical to expect a decision anywhere from a week to four weeks after the medical so should hopefully hear something soon. I've read online that it can take months to get a decision back in England but it seems to be a lot quicker in Scotland, where I'm from, at least so I'm hoping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not took my meds for three weeks but YOLO.
Hope I hear back from PIP soon, even if it's bad news. Hate the waiting game :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck Socksy :h:
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Good luck Socksy :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Not took my meds for three weeks but YOLO.

same i feel you lmao
yknow those dreams that were 'just about results day'
surprise surprise they are still here even 2 days after results :yy:
Had a pretty crap night last night. It started off great, was just chilling at the flat watching Star Trek and having a few cans of cider but it all went downhill as soon as I went to bed. The urge to check the door was locked over and over started but that is nothing new and then I had to keep looking at the little window on my front door to make sure no one was out there and I literally done this every minute or two, even when I was close to drifting and I was sure I could see shadows outside. I think that was just me being me though and that no one was out there.

Then at about 25 to 3 in the morning, my flat buzzer went off. The intercoms have been installed in each flat but the downstairs door hasn't been fitted yet, it's still the old door that anyone can walk in and out of so after the buzzer went off, I heard the door opening downstairs so was a nervous wreck about someone coming to my door but they never came and must have went into someone elses flat. This fueled the OCD even more and I started checking the door and the window over and over again and then the 'magical thoughts' started "I worried that someone would press my buzzer tonight and they did. I caused that. I deserve someone to come to my door and break in and harm me because I cause bad things to happen" and the fear that it could happen because I thought it even though I knew how illogical that sounded, only fueled the compulsions and then it went onto things like "I don't deserve my cats. I should give them away" and I couldn't sleep for that as well as the checking.

When I finally did drift off at about 6ish, there were people out on the landing fighting and shouting which only set me off again and I've been awake ever since. I'm exhausted from all that :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Had a pretty crap night last night. It started off great, was just chilling at the flat watching Star Trek and having a few cans of cider but it all went downhill as soon as I went to bed. The urge to check the door was locked over and over started but that is nothing new and then I had to keep looking at the little window on my front door to make sure no one was out there and I literally done this every minute or two, even when I was close to drifting and I was sure I could see shadows outside. I think that was just me being me though and that no one was out there.

Then at about 25 to 3 in the morning, my flat buzzer went off. The intercoms have been installed in each flat but the downstairs door hasn't been fitted yet, it's still the old door that anyone can walk in and out of so after the buzzer went off, I heard the door opening downstairs so was a nervous wreck about someone coming to my door but they never came and must have went into someone elses flat. This fueled the OCD even more and I started checking the door and the window over and over again and then the 'magical thoughts' started "I worried that someone would press my buzzer tonight and they did. I caused that. I deserve someone to come to my door and break in and harm me because I cause bad things to happen" and the fear that it could happen because I thought it even though I knew how illogical that sounded, only fueled the compulsions and then it went onto things like "I don't deserve my cats. I should give them away" and I couldn't sleep for that as well as the checking.

When I finally did drift off at about 6ish, there were people out on the landing fighting and shouting which only set me off again and I've been awake ever since. I'm exhausted from all that :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm (I'm glad you like your new nickname btw :ahee: ) alcohol can make you paranoid, it does me.
Hmm (I'm glad you like your new nickname btw :ahee: ) alcohol can make you paranoid, it does me.

This was me btw.
Feel like I am and always will be swimming against the tide. Why am I doing this, this isn't rewarding in any way, shape or form, never been one to do things for the sake of it and yet that's what me, living life, has become....and has been like for a good long while. So what do I do? Do I just perservere telling myself things will improve?? Blind faith?
So sensitive to the weather changing I'm like a little animal. Really dark and dreary, making me feel dark and dreary. Then in a few days when it's warm again I'll probably have an issue with that too -_- Such a HSP (highly sensitive person)
So proud of myself for getting through the mental stresses of the past few days without a total meltdown :biggrin: already arranged a new sport to start at uni, and committed to seeing the counselling team :smile: not relying on other people for my happiness for once, and it's going well so far!
This weather actually depresses me :sigh:
is it immoral to not tell someone you dreamed they died? or should you warn them to stay away from the thing that killed them? 🤔
Tonight I found some free colouring in apps which is handy when I want to colour in at night or if I'm anxious on a train or car journey or if my OCD is high and I'm scared of being contaminated from the felt tips which sounds silly but happens all too often for me so this is a nice alternative :smile: the app has been keeping me busy for a few hours and hopefully it's tired me out enough for sleep now :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
is it immoral to not tell someone you dreamed they died? or should you warn them to stay away from the thing that killed them? 🤔

I don't think dreams have any bearing on reality so no, I wouldn't say it's immoral to not tell the person. I've dreamed of some very strange **** in my life but I think it's all totally meaningless.
Thinking about starting to play the musical instruments I play again. :gasp: It's been over a year- I just haven't been able to play them or look at any new music or anything just because of the way I've been feeling. :s-smilie: As daft as it sounds, I haven't had it in me to play them. Feeling pulled towards them again though. :smile: Think I'm going to make that my aim for this week. :eek: :headfire:
Original post by Sabertooth
I don't think dreams have any bearing on reality so no, I wouldn't say it's immoral to not tell the person. I've dreamed of some very strange **** in my life but I think it's all totally meaningless.

Thanks, i ended up telling said person to avoid caravans :redface: so now if they get blown up in a caravan at least im not responsible :redface:
hope you are well :hugs:

Latest