The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmusedDouche
Do you think Pogba will start? Going by what Mourinho has said, it's hard to make out whether he will start or be bought on as a substitute.

Probably come on as a sub.
Original post by AmusedDouche
Do you think Pogba will start? Going by what Mourinho has said, it's hard to make out whether he will start or be bought on as a substitute.

Probably start
Pogba starts....alongside Fellaini.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Probably come on as a sub.

Fraud:colonhash:
watch fellaini outshine pogba and watch rooney be outshined by pogba
Reply 2465
I think Mourinho being at a new club is assessing his options. He has a big squad to work with which he doesn't usually like.
From a biased point of view (Liverpool fan), at the price paid, I expect Pogba to have an immediate impact on the game. He has to be in the starting XI from now to till the end of the season... Bar injuries.
10 minutes and already the performance is better than a lot of what we saw over the past few years.
Forgot the game was even on. Friday night Premier League games will be hard to get used to.
Soton are carving your defence open way too easily.
That being said, Bailly looks amazing in general. You definitely have the ability in your back 5, it's just a case of whether the relationship/organisation is there too.

Also, Pogba's hair looks ridiculous.
I know the blonde thing is trending but just no.
Zlatan 1-0

Literally out of nowhere.
Terrific cross by Rooney but what a header to finish it off.

Absolutely dominated Fonte there...
Ibra again. Pretty great header.
Haven't been overly impressed with your defence - Soton are passing it well and opening you up way too easily.
In all honesty they've been poor in front of goal; Long definitely should've scored or forced a good save from DDG.

In contrast, your attack is extremely powerful and you have the ability to score out of pretty much anyway.
Drill it in to feet, cross from out wide or take long shots, you have the personnel and regrettably that's why I reckon you'll win the league this season...
Pogba is making me wet. He dominates that midfield like a *****.

All we need is Mkhi is on the right as Mata is pretty slow.
Reply 2474
The attack dont even look that good in general play. I think there's efficiency in the attacks and aerially theyre great. Jose mourinho knows what he's doing.

Reckon he likes Mata because of his ability to deliver balls and the fact that he's capable of playing to feet and recycling possession. He also helps free Valencia which means you can use crosses.

You don't look good but have the ability to score goals from various avenues and thats going to win you games most of the time. Mkhitaryan is also there to provide a counter threat.
Reply 2475
Original post by Manchester United
Pogba is making me wet. He dominates that midfield like a *****.

All we need is Mkhi is on the right as Mata is pretty slow.

Yeah impressed with pogba, has great ability on the ball and is very good at retaining it with the ball at his feet. He's very positive too.
Always make me lol when hear 'Glory Glory Man United'. Worst football song ever? :lol:
Weak weak penalty.

Zlatan 2-0
Original post by bammy jastard 27
The attack dont even look that good in general play. I think there's efficiency in the attacks and aerially theyre great. Jose mourinho knows what he's doing.

Reckon he likes Mata because of his ability to deliver balls and the fact that he's capable of playing to feet and recycling possession. He also helps free Valencia which means you can use crosses.

You don't look good but have the ability to score goals from various avenues and thats going to win you games most of the time. Mkhitaryan is also there to provide a counter threat.

Very true

They look meh...until they inexplicably score against you, and that'll be the story of the season really. Efficiency.

Their defence is yet to be properly tested by a smooth and clinical attack though - they get opened up easier than you'd expect.
Original post by _Morsey_
Weak weak penalty.

Zlatan 2-0

Definite penalty in the modern game though, absolute madness from Clasie.

Latest