The Student Room Group

1 mark away from getting C grade - AS Maths.

Should I get a remark?
In UMS:
C1 - 62
C2 - 60
S1 - 57

Came out with a D in AS Maths
1 mark away?

I'd say 100% yes get a remark
Reply 2
Original post by Dancatpro
1 mark away?

I'd say 100% yes get a remark

What are the chances of the getting that extra mark? Which module should I get remarked? All of them?
Reply 3
Original post by heythere115
Should I get a remark?
In UMS:
C1 - 62
C2 - 60
S1 - 57

I'd say get a remark! Although how close are the other units?

I did this exam as well - did you do MEI by any chance?
Reply 4
Original post by erinls2
I'd say get a remark! Although how close are the other units?

I did this exam as well - did you do MEI by any chance?

Didn't do MEI. Went with Edexcel. C1 is 62 UMS marks and C2 is 60 UMS marks. Both at low C. S1 is 57 UMS, high D. Actually I mentioned this in my first post (only did these three). Wondering if I should remark all of them?
Reply 5
Didn't do MEI. Went with Edexcel. C1 is 62 UMS marks and C2 is 60 UMS marks. Both at low C. S1 is 57 UMS, high D. Actually I mentioned this in my first post (only did these three). Wondering if I should remark all of them?

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant how close were the other modules to the grade boundaries?
What are the chances of the getting that extra mark? Which module should I get remarked? All of them?

I don't know what the chances are but even if it's a 1% chance I would go for it, a D to a C is a big deal!

As to which paper should be remarked ... that's down to you, maybe have the one(s) remarked that you thought you did better than your mark.
Should I get a remark?
In UMS:
C1 - 62
C2 - 60
S1 - 57

You might improve with a remark but in maths especially it isn't very likely. If you are continuing maths next year, resit C1&2. You will find them so easy as you will build and extend what you learned while you study C3&4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
You can get them remarked but your best bet is to resit the AS modules next year. The A2 modules make them way easier.

Quick Reply

Latest