The Student Room Group

MEDICINE - *RESULTS DAY 2016* - I met my offer and got into medical school!

RESULTS DAY 2016

Congratulations on getting into medical school!

You've worked very hard and this is your reward. Enjoy the rest of your summer before the long slog of medical school starts!

It's tradition that pre-freshers do not post in the Current Med Student's thread until they've actually matriculated/enrolled/arrived at uni, so until then, this is your thread Use it to discuss the big decisions - the colour of bed linen, the best time to buy a stethoscope, and which fancy dress to take for freshers' week.

A few resources you might find useful:
Immunisation for medical students
Textbook recommendations on the wiki and in this thread
TSR's Fresher's Pack
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Congratulations everyone!
Thanks. I had a question, I am just a little bit nervous about starting Med School, as in terms of being social with everybody. How can I make friends easily? How can I overcome that little bit of shyness? Hopefully you get what I am trying to say!

Thanks and congrats to everybody else!
Reply 3
Original post by theboss1998
Thanks. I had a question, I am just a little bit nervous about starting Med School, as in terms of being social with everybody. How can I make friends easily? How can I overcome that little bit of shyness? Hopefully you get what I am trying to say!

Thanks and congrats to everybody else!

Well done for getting in. :biggrin: Look forward to it!

Honestly don't worry about it. Everybody feels like it - everybody is in exactly the same boat. You will be fine!
Original post by Beska
Well done for getting in. :biggrin: Look forward to it!

Honestly don't worry about it. Everybody feels like it - everybody is in exactly the same boat. You will be fine!

Thanks so much!
One more question, I am planning on buying an iPad/Tablet before starting Med School. What is the best tablet or ipad to get for Medicine?

I will be maybe using it for making notes, recording lectures and mainly carrying books electronically rather than packing bags!

Thanks.
Reply 6
One more question, I am planning on buying an iPad/Tablet before starting Med School. What is the best tablet or ipad to get for Medicine?

I will be maybe using it for making notes, recording lectures and mainly carrying books electronically rather than packing bags!

Thanks.

Im not sure about specific device names (not really into technology) but I always regretted not having one with a touchscreen. Quite a few students have touchscreen tablets where they can easily annotate lecture slides using a touchscreen pen. Lecturers can sometimes go quite fast, so instead of scribbling notes on paper and forgetting what its about when you go back to revise, you can just circle the info you need or write notes directly onto the specific slide. Its so neat and clear to understand. Congrats on getting in to med school by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kjfr
Im not sure about specific device names (not really into technology) but I always regretted not having one with a touchscreen. Quite a few students have touchscreen tablets where they can easily annotate lecture slides using a touchscreen pen. Lecturers can sometimes go quite fast, so instead of scribbling notes on paper and forgetting what its about when you go back to revise, you can just circle the info you need or write notes directly onto the specific slide. Its so neat and clear to understand. Congrats on getting in to med school by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot!!
Of course no problem!
I have got into The University Of Birmingham (A100), I achieved A* in Maths, and 3A's in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I also have an A* Arabic.
Reply 9
After convincing myself there was no way I was getting in, yesterday came as a massive shock to log onto UCAS and see my place confirmed! Really goes to show to the younger years that regardless of how badly you think you've done (I was pretty sure I'd got a B in Chemistry) there's always hope!

So excited to start now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great! Good luck with your journey!
Original post by emem2011
After convincing myself there was no way I was getting in, yesterday came as a massive shock to log onto UCAS and see my place confirmed! Really goes to show to the younger years that regardless of how badly you think you've done (I was pretty sure I'd got a B in Chemistry) there's always hope!

So excited to start now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Where are you heading?
Reply 12

Thanks.

Get yourself an iPad Pro with Apple pencil and keyboard.

I love it. It's not cheap but you can't beat it. I'm using the 12.9inch but depending on budget/size requirements, you could go for the 9.7inch
Yeah, so pleased!!! Got my grades yesterday so I'm off to uni in a months time to do medicine, which I'm so so pleased about :biggrin:
Of course no problem!
I have got into The University Of Birmingham (A100), I achieved A* in Maths, and 3A's in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I also have an A* Arabic.

Hey man what revision book did you use for biology? I am doing OCR and I'm really not sure which one is most useful
Reply 15
Original post by thechemistress
yeah, so pleased!!! Got my grades yesterday so i'm off to uni in a months time to do medicine, which i'm so so pleased about :d

omg we made it!!!!!!!! :d
Original post by Azula
omg we made it!!!!!!!! :d

Yay :biggrin: Where are you off to again, had a mind blank XD
Reply 17
Yay :biggrin: Where are you off to again, had a mind blank XD

UCL!! You're going to Birmingham right??
Original post by Azula
UCL!! You're going to Birmingham right??

Nah, I'm going to KCL, so we'll be right next to each other :biggrin: Well done!!!
Reply 19
Nah, I'm going to KCL, so we'll be right next to each other :biggrin: Well done!!!

AHH that's awesome!! What made you choose kcl instead??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending