The Student Room Group

What is the most horrific thing to happen to you in your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davidguettafan
Mine is the bullying from hell I suffered every day for 5 years :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: :hug:

My sister's death, facing racist bullying at school for the good part of a decade, putting up with crappy treatment from the same guy for nearly a year. I am determined to make sure that none of those things (or similar) ever happen to me again.
I wrote off my first car at the start of this year :frown:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Was driving home from work at half past midnight, the weather was fine in the area I worked but on the road home black ice had formed on the road.. Hit the first patch of black ice, skidded at a corner and smashed into a wall blocking an embankment, flipped the car onto the driver's side..

By some miracle I climbed out the other side with barely a scratch but it was one of the worst feelings in the world, mainly because nothing sinks in until later on.. I remember standing next to the wreck thinking "I'm fine, everything's fine" when everything was about as bad as it could get... that's how messed up I was at the time.

8 months later and I've only just finished paying off the car.. but I'm lucky to still be alive to this day.
Nowhere near as bad as what other people are posting on here tho.. sorry to hear what the rest of you are going through :frown:
Original post by FightToWin
I wrote off my first car at the start of this year :frown:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Was driving home from work at half past midnight, the weather was fine in the area I worked but on the road home black ice had formed on the road.. Hit the first patch of black ice, skidded at a corner and smashed into a wall blocking an embankment, flipped the car onto the driver's side..

By some miracle I climbed out the other side with barely a scratch but it was one of the worst feelings in the world, mainly because nothing sinks in until later on.. I remember standing next to the wreck thinking "I'm fine, everything's fine" when everything was about as bad as it could get... that's how messed up I was at the time.

8 months later and I've only just finished paying off the car.. but I'm lucky to still be alive to this day.

Oh my god :frown: :frown: :frown:

Thank goodness you were okay!

It is terrifying, my mums car got hit into awhile ago (thankfully not too badly) and you're right the shock sinks in later.

It's stuff like this that terrifies me and makes me not want to drive. :frown:
When a close friend of mine attempted suicide and was in hospital for awhile.

It terrified and saddened me to my very core. :frown:
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

I'm so sorry to hear that honey 😯 If you ever need to talk your free to anytime! 💜💛💖
Domestic abuse between mum, dad and brother 😞
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I am :/ so happy I went through it ! I'm totally healed today btw and I can walk ! :woo:

Sorry you got bullied btw :/ some people are just very stupid :sad:

Great :smile:

Yes some people are horrible unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidguettafan
Great :smile:

Yes some people are horrible unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's over now right ?? I really hope it is ! :console:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I'm so sorry to hear that honey 😯 If you ever need to talk your free to anytime! 💜💛💖

Tbh I'm good now thanks :h: It happened a few years ago
Relationship from hell - more of an obsession, still not 100% over it

Other than that, breaking my leg when I was hit by a van, all the operations and pain is tiring - has resulted in me taking 4 years to finish college, I'll be 20 when I start university. The break still hasn't healed 2 years on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
This didn't happen to me but my brother got really drunk and slid down a basket ball net pole. He didn't realise there was a massive piece of metal sticking out and ripped his scrotum. He couldn't walk for about a week!
Original post by saraxh
Tbh I'm good now thanks :h: It happened a few years ago

Oh I'm sorry to hear tht and just as long as your happy 💚
My autistic brother jumped out of the window from our block of flats.

I developed a disfigurement at a young age whereby the left side of my mouth doesn't open when i smile/talk and doctors have told me that I either do an operation which has greater chances of making it worse than better and leave a massive scar or leave it and it'll stay like that forever.

I got ABDE in my AS results and my school require 3 middle D's to move on to A2. I haven't been accepted because the D I got was a low D. I am the only one out of all my friends who cannot continue.
Original post by melissa-23
My autistic brother jumped out of the window from our block of flats.

I developed a disfigurement at a young age whereby the left side of my mouth doesn't open when i smile/talk and doctors have told me that I either do an operation which has greater chances of making it worse than better and leave a massive scar or leave it and it'll stay like that forever.

I got ABDE in my AS results and my school require 3 middle D's to move on to A2. I haven't been accepted because the D I got was a low D. I am the only one out of all my friends who cannot continue.

:console: I'm so sorry :sad:
- Bullying throughout my primary school years
- Internally bleeding 2-3 litres of blood within a couple of hours from a long standing medical condition I have (treated through surgery)
- Hearing of a friend of mine who passed away by taking her own life

Life always gets better though, aim to think positively and you'll most certainly pull through the hardship :smile: My love goes out to all who have gone through times of suffering, you're all such strong people :h:
Recovering the bodies of 4 dead teenagers killed by an idiot driver.
Deffo primary school bullying. April fools was the worst day every year- someone had to put a "kick me!" sign on my back that left me going home in pain. To this day I'm more annoyed with myself for not realizing it was there and not taking it off :angry: Having markers thrown at me, being cornered... to think after losing 40lbs majority of them are messaging me on fb and keep requesting to follow me on IG WOHEYYYY SCREW U
Original post by Shipreck
When I was a 1.5 years old I pulled a pan of oil off the stove and now I have many scars from it. The two main ones are the one on my back that goes from my left shoulder to the top of the lower back, and the other is the one that wraps my thigh where they did the skin graft. I had to wear a latex suit thing for 18months after it happened so my skin didn't fall off.

y were u such a dumbass kid
Original post by JoshDawg
y were u such a dumbass kid

A question you should be asking yourself, posting such a stupid comment

Quick Reply

Latest