The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Tbh I just have a vague distrust for national rankings. The Guardian and TCUG come up with some bizarre placements. Didn't know they were so high internationally for humanities though. I've paid most attention to STEM as I am a Maths student there and just figured, due to lack of hearing much to the contrary, that they weren't massively special otherwise.

edit: Oh right did you mean top 10 in the UK in the international rankings? Sorry I just read "top 10 in the UK" as a separate bit

Nope I meant top 10 in the UK and in the top sector of the QS international league :smile:
Tbh I just have a vague distrust for national rankings. The Guardian and TCUG come up with some bizarre placements. Didn't know they were so high internationally for humanities though. I've paid most attention to STEM as I am a Maths student there and just figured, due to lack of hearing much to the contrary, that they weren't massively special otherwise.

edit: Oh right did you mean top 10 in the UK in the international rankings? Sorry I just read "top 10 in the UK" as a separate bit

Nope I meant top 10 in the UK and also in the top sector of the QS international league :smile:

Nope, I meant top 10 in the UK and also top 10 in the QS international league :smile:
Original post by PeterhouseKIL
It's cute that you found a typo. Doesn't really add to your argument though does it?

It's funny, I'm actually laughing at myself at the fact that I'm debating with a Manchester student- but then again, is it really a debate when I can pull out facts and all you do is look for typo's and just sit there and insult? What can you expect from a Manchester student.

It's funny, you can try mock me by asking what I learnt from Cambridge and Warwick, yet, I'm from Cambridge and Warwick- so mate, it doesn't work your way! :smile:

All that you have said up till now hasn't added anything to your argument either. In fact you don't even have an argument. You're just a bully. A bully who thinks by trash talking about my university and my education you'll be able to somehow prove that UCL <Warwick, when it isn't.
You don't even know me and yet you have been trash talking about me to no end (even in the previous posts calling me a **** talker and what not)
You are clearly getting some sadistic pleasure out of bullying me. But you know in the real world I don't know you, we (hopefully) will never cross paths and I don't give 2 cents about what you think or not. Yet, I'll respond till I'm not bored.
Now take you pathetic opinions about Manchester and Warwick and shove them up you ***

P.s. The admin deleted your insulting post.

bye!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scruffyjoe
All that you have said up till now hasn't added anything to your argument either. In fact you don't even have an argument. You're just a bully. A bully who thinks by trash talking about my university and my education you'll be able to somehow prove that UCL <Warwick, when it isn't.
You don't even know me and yet you have been trash talking about me to no end (even in the previous posts calling me a **** talker and what not)
You are clearly getting some sadistic pleasure out of bullying me. But you know in the real world I don't know you, we (hopefully) will never cross paths and I don't give 2 cents about what you think or not. Yet, I'll respond till I'm not bored.
Now take you pathetic opinions about Manchester and Warwick and shove them up you ***

Okay bye!

bless you x
Original post by Princepieman
I lol'd, this reeks of insecurity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be jealous princie!
Hello everyone! For all the Warwick students here, could you please take out your time to check my post, I've many questions to ask!!! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4264030 ! Just made an account and hella excited to start!!! (I'm trying to post my thread on relevant pages to get the right people to see, this seemed sort of relevant hehe).

THANK YOU!!! X
Original post by LukasAlgebra
Hello everyone! For all the Warwick students here, could you please take out your time to check my post, I've many questions to ask!!! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4264030 ! Just made an account and hella excited to start!!! (I'm trying to post my thread on relevant pages to get the right people to see, this seemed sort of relevant hehe).

THANK YOU!!! X

I'll check this out! :smile:
Oh my god.. what is it with TSR's obsession with Warwick???

I go to Warwick and even I myself can admit it is incredibly over-rated. The students here act like they're God's gift to the Earth when the uni gives out offers to 3/4 of people who apply - does that sound like a prestigious university to you? Short answer: No. Wonder why the offer rate is so high?? Because so little people actually make it their firm so the university has to compensate for this and increase the number of offers they give. This tells us that for the majority of people who apply there, Warwick is not their first-choice.

Warwick is not well known around the world - no idea why anyone thinks that (maybe China with the hordes who come here, but I sincerely doubt anywhere else).

And fair enough for you guys to criticise the uni but Coventry isn't as bad as you guys are making it to be.

P.S. to all you banging on about how loved Warwick is by employers: it's ranked 23rd on employer preference.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CompSci16

I go to Warwick and even I myself can admit it is incredibly over-rated. The students here act like they're God's gift to the Earth when the uni gives out offers to 3/4 of people who apply - does that sound like a prestigious university to you? Short answer: No.

Warwick is not well known around the world - no idea why anyone thinks that (maybe China with the hordes who come here, but I sincerely doubt anywhere else).

And fair enough for you guys to criticise the uni but Coventry isn't as bad as you guys are making it to be.

P.S. to all you banging on about how loved Warwick is by employers: it's ranked 23rd on employer preference.

It's mostly due to gassed up prospective bankers, haha.
Original post by CompSci16

I go to Warwick and even I myself can admit it is incredibly over-rated. The students here act like they're God's gift to the Earth when the uni gives out offers to 3/4 of people who apply - does that sound like a prestigious university to you? Short answer: No. Wonder why the offer rate is so high?? Because so little people actually make it their firm so the university has to compensate for this and increase the number of offers they give. This tells us that for the majority of people who apply there, Warwick is not their first-choice.

Sure you went Warwick. Your application posts are all about Sheffield, Nottingham, Liverpool and Lancaster. You firmed Sheffield and insured Lancaster. Don't go now and change your post views.

Please, do not lie.
There is really no need to lie.
Attachment not found
Here is for the sake of proof.
Wow this thread has a lot of arguments

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
There is really no need to lie.
Attachment not found
Here is for the sake of proof.

Rip

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure you went Warwick. Your application posts are all about Sheffield, Nottingham, Liverpool and Lancaster. You firmed Sheffield and insured Lancaster. Don't go now and change your post views.

Please, do not lie.

He is right about the asian thing though haha.
Original post by Dilzo999
He is right about the asian thing though haha.

That is true, but they all have crazy academics. That new PhD scholarship to the 6 most highly qualified and acadmic Chinese students were given by Warwick, they're starting this year :smile:.
I have seen people in the results day thread who have gotten conditional offers from Warwick for maths, and they needed 3 A* grades to get in. I haven't seen offers that high from ANY other universities. Warwick must have a very strong Maths department. They were my insurance choice for Chemistry and the STEM departments there are very good also. I don't get the bad rep it has on here tbh.

Please, do not lie.

Not lying. I transferred to Warwick.
Warwick, Bath, Exeter, Durham, York, etc etc, good unis no doubt just don't offer the kind of things I'm looking for.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Warwick, Bath, Exeter, Durham, York, etc etc, good unis no doubt just don't offer the kind of things I'm looking for.

What are you looking for in a university?

Latest

Trending

Trending