The Student Room Group

I don't feel ready for Uni!!

I'm a bit stressed out and I have decent grades, i just don't feel like going. Im more anxious than anything and have a fear ill make no friends. Please help.
If you feel like this, take a year out.

There is no need to rush to go university.

Its better to relax ans have some time off.
Original post by SashaF
I'm a bit stressed out and I have decent grades, i just don't feel like going. Im more anxious than anything and have a fear ill make no friends. Please help.

Hey Sasha, I'm beginning to feel anxious too lol, the more things come through like confirming accommodation, the more it becomes real but hey enjoy it, it's your ticket to freedom and the start of your career. You might not make friends in the first few hours but I'm sure you'll be approached. I too am not that great at making friends, it just sort of happens. If you feel that you're really not ready, take a year out and try again next year. Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by mrpopodopalaus
Hey Sasha, I'm beginning to feel anxious too lol, the more things come through like confirming accommodation, the more it becomes real but hey enjoy it, it's your ticket to freedom and the start of your career. You might not make friends in the first few hours but I'm sure you'll be approached. I too am not that great at making friends, it just sort of happens. If you feel that you're really not ready, take a year out and try again next year. Good luck.

Thanks, what uni have you applied too? And what course. :smile: . Thanks for the reassurance.
Original post by SashaF
Thanks, what uni have you applied too? And what course. :smile: . Thanks for the reassurance.

I've applied to the University of Lincoln and I originally wanted to do Bio-Vet but I just missed my grades so I got offered a place in Biology and confirmed it yesterday. You?
Lol same. I still feel like a child. It may offer you reassurance to know that I don't think anyone feels ready for uni!
Original post by SashaF

Don't worry :smile:

Everyone feels like that (some more than others!).

I can 100% promise you that you will make friends, there are so many different groups of people at university that there is always a group of people that everyone gets along with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending