The Student Room Group

A-level subject choices for midwifery??

I chose double award health and social care and sociology as my a-level choices and have completed my AS year. I absolutely live and breathe health and social care and would love to do midwifery in university. However, I decided almost instantly that I absolutely hated sociology. I hated the content and no matter how hard I tried all of the information I learnt in lessons went right over my head. I achieved an AB in health and social care and want to push myself to gain an AA in this subject, but I got an E in sociology and will be dropping it and picking up a new a-level subject next year. Does anybody have any recommendations on what new A-level I should pick up? I'm terrified of making the same mistake I have with sociology...
A Level Biology is required by some universities for Midwifery, so I would definitely consider that :smile:
Original post by emily_mcgarryx
I chose double award health and social care and sociology as my a-level choices and have completed my AS year. I absolutely live and breathe health and social care and would love to do midwifery in university. However, I decided almost instantly that I absolutely hated sociology. I hated the content and no matter how hard I tried all of the information I learnt in lessons went right over my head. I achieved an AB in health and social care and want to push myself to gain an AA in this subject, but I got an E in sociology and will be dropping it and picking up a new a-level subject next year. Does anybody have any recommendations on what new A-level I should pick up? I'm terrified of making the same mistake I have with sociology...

Hi, why don't you try one of the sciences, more specifically biology or chemistry:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by emily_mcgarryx

They honestly care more about work experience. Visit the UCAS website and it will give you ideas about subject choices :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest