The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Full-time Law Jordanstown 2016

Anyone been accepted into or hope to do Law full time September 2016?
Reply 1
Been accepted to law with criminology! You know anymore than i do??
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
I don't know much, but I have our registration dates/times and also the timetable! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Ah great! You know what days we are in then? When we start?
Reply 4
Hey, I'm starting Law and Crim too - how did you get the prelim timetable? Could you share? (My p/t job are nagging me to know if they need to change my schedule....) Cheers :smile:
Hey! I'm studying Law with Criminology too, what's the timetable like :smile:?
Reply 6
I ended up emailing the school Secretaries. Wks 1 & 2 are a bit different, but after that it settles down to Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, with nothing earlier than a possible 10.15am start depending on seminar groups. (But ending at 5.15pm on Mondays and Tuesdays.) Wk 2 seems to have us in for some part of every day - it's hard to make out, and a full day day-trip to the Courts on Wednesday.
Reply 7
Thanks so much! Feeling a bit nervous now lol
I wish I'd seen this thread before I posted yesterday! :colondollar: Looking at that timetable (which I'm just assuming is for Single Hons Law), it doesn't look too bad! I'm actually getting really excited about starting! (Though still unbelievably nervous!!)
Reply 9
Is Friday 23rd September the day we alll go in?
My Joining email said induction and registration was Thursday the 22nd?
Reply 11
If you are law single hons then that is why, mine is law and criminology so thats probably why mine is the friday:smile:
I've been trying to send my confirmation email to the email address... It won't work lol, gone to my outbox at least 17 times. Do you get the joining email when that goes through? :smile:
Original post by KH101
If you are law single hons then that is why, mine is law and criminology so thats probably why mine is the friday:smile:

Oh! Sorry, I must have missed that! I feel like an idiot haha!

Original post by Laura Hutch
I've been trying to send my confirmation email to the email address... It won't work lol, gone to my outbox at least 17 times. Do you get the joining email when that goes through? :smile:

Yeah, you should get it shortly after. I think I sent my confirmation email at 8 and then got the joining one around 9 sometime!
Original post by Saoirse423
Oh! Sorry, I must have missed that! I feel like an idiot haha!

Yeah, you should get it shortly after. I think I sent my confirmation email at 8 and then got the joining one around 9 sometime!

I'm having trouble with the confirmation email. Keeps bouncing back. I'll keep trying thanks tho :smile: it would be good to know when we start, timetable etc :smile:
Original post by Laura Hutch
I'm having trouble with the confirmation email. Keeps bouncing back. I'll keep trying thanks tho :smile: it would be good to know when we start, timetable etc :smile:

I don't think it gives a timetable, just a day for induction and registration, and then what you need to bring with you to register. I'm only doing single hons Law, so I think I'm in the wrong thread haha!
Aw I wouldn't worry Saoirse, probably get most of the same stuff anyways!
Reply 17
Original post by Saoirse423
I don't think it gives a timetable, just a day for induction and registration, and then what you need to bring with you to register. I'm only doing single hons Law, so I think I'm in the wrong thread haha!

Saoirse, I just checked and you're still only Mon, Tues and Thurs with single hons Law. Actually, it's just possible (depending on seminar groups) that you won't even be in on Tuesdays - but if that's the case, your Monday is likely to be back to back from 11-5.

I'm a little bemused about the welcome email actually, with it saying Thurs (Single) and Fri (modular) for Inductio and registration, because when the school secretary sent me the provisional timetable at the end of last week, she also said that Induction for all Law students was on the Tuesday... (with registration on the Friday) so part of me is wondering is there a separate Law induction as well as what's on that timetable? (I know, the answer would be to email her and ask - but I figured she was probably pretty busy this week...)
Original post by dege
Saoirse, I just checked and you're still only Mon, Tues and Thurs with single hons Law. Actually, it's just possible (depending on seminar groups) that you won't even be in on Tuesdays - but if that's the case, your Monday is likely to be back to back from 11-5.

I'm a little bemused about the welcome email actually, with it saying Thurs (Single) and Fri (modular) for Inductio and registration, because when the school secretary sent me the provisional timetable at the end of last week, she also said that Induction for all Law students was on the Tuesday... (with registration on the Friday) so part of me is wondering is there a separate Law induction as well as what's on that timetable? (I know, the answer would be to email her and ask - but I figured she was probably pretty busy this week...)

Thanks for clearing that up! Yeah, that is a bit strange. Maybe they're still moving things around? I'm sure we'll get word this week about what way things are.

Quick Reply

Latest