The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Foundation Year

Hi,
I initially applied for a 3 year physics degree and had surrey as my first and QMUL as my insurance but my grades weren't good enough and didn't get into surrey but QMUL offered me a 4 year physics degree with a foundation year and if I do well enough in the foundation year then I can springboard onto a regular 3 year degree. I was just wondering that if I do well in the foundation year is it possible to then transfer to surrey to do a 3 year physics degree there?
Reply 1
I think you'll have to contact Surrey and check if they accept the foundation programme and check what kind of grade they are looking for. Also you may need to apply again through ucas.

And I think that UCL and imperial do accept the SEFP.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by ouwais
Hi,
I initially applied for a 3 year physics degree and had surrey as my first and QMUL as my insurance but my grades weren't good enough and didn't get into surrey but QMUL offered me a 4 year physics degree with a foundation year and if I do well enough in the foundation year then I can springboard onto a regular 3 year degree. I was just wondering that if I do well in the foundation year is it possible to then transfer to surrey to do a 3 year physics degree there?

Yeah its fully possible if you do well enough. But you have to contact the unis that you want to go to first to see if they accept the foundation degree and what you need to get in your modules for them to accept you. It also says on the QM website that many unis accept their foundation degrees

I'm doing the same as you (physics with a foundation year at QM) but mine is technically 5 years because masters

Original post by rend
I think you'll have to contact Surrey and check if they accept the foundation programme and check what kind of grade they are looking for. Also you may need to apply again through ucas.

And I think that UCL and imperial do accept the SEFP.

No I think imperial don't accept the QM foundation degree. I heard the only foundation degree they accept is the international Kings foundation degree year

Quick Reply

Latest