The Student Room Group

The University Of Buckingham Medicine January 2017 Entry.

Hi All,
I have got an offer for January 2017 entry to study Medicine in the University of Buckingham. Anyone else received an confirmed offer? Would like to be in touch with all who areplanning to study Medicine in the university.

Would also appreciate, if current medidical students in the university share their learning experience.

Thanks for your valuable comments & time.
Regards.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sinkar
Hi All,
I have got an offer for January 2017 entry to study Medicine. Anyone elsereceived an confirmed offer? Would like to be in touch with all who areplanning to study Medicine in the university.

Question: Is it worth to spend £36000 annually for this course? Would appreciate, if current students & new students comment.

Regards.

I don't study at Buckingham but I am a medical student in this country. I will say, if you plan to practice anywhere except maybe the United states, this isn't financially viable. If you practice in the UK you will never recoup enough money to make it worth this huge initial outlay. Consultants in the Uk earn a good amount but junior doctors certainly don't. Most medical students will just about pay their student loans during their careers.
Reply 2
Original post by sinkar
Hi All,
I have got an offer for January 2017 entry to study Medicine in the University of Buckingham. Anyone else received an confirmed offer? Would like to be in touch with all who areplanning to study Medicine in the university.

Would also appreciate, if current medidical students in the university share their learning experience.

Regards.

Hi. I applied 3 weeks ago. Congrats! When did you apply? When did you have your interview? What A-Levels did you get?
Original post by Ramighanem98
You would over 25/30 years if you pay upfront, without loans. It's a long term investment, it's not immediate.

There is a big difference between having a small amount coming out of a pay check each month and finding over £150k up front. Ask any medic in the UK currently and they will all agree its not worth that kind of financial commitment.
Reply 4
Original post by sinkar
Hi All,

Regards.

What a level grades did you get ?
Reply 5
Applied during June 2016 and had an interview in July.

I am really impressed with university and staffs.

Original post by Ramighanem98
Hi. I applied 3 weeks ago. Congrats! When did you apply? When did you have your interview? What A-Levels did you get?
Reply 6
Original post by Amy96_
What a level grades did you get ?

AAA in Chemistry, biology and Maths.
Reply 7
Original post by ForestCat
There is a big difference between having a small amount coming out of a pay check each month and finding over £150k up front. Ask any medic in the UK currently and they will all agree its not worth that kind of financial commitment.

I agree with your comments. But it is a question of dream and aim about my future. Sometimes money should not be an issue to reach goals.
I have a confirmed offer as well 😊
Original post by sinkar
Hi All,

Regards.

Original post by sinkar
Hi All,

Regards.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Roselyne15
I have a confirmed offer as well 😊

Congrats, just wondering anyone an international student?
Original post by dh378
Congrats, just wondering anyone an international student?

I am
I have a confirmed offer for Jan 2017 :smile::smile:. Also wanted to find out if we can organise a Facebook page for the 2021 Class and discuss important stuff before we start in Jan 2017.

Original post by sinkar
Hi All,

Regards.
Buying your way to a medical degree. £36k is only affordable for an extremely small minority. Absolute money maker from Buckingham 'University'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by quantum888
I have a confirmed offer for Jan 2017 :smile::smile:. Also wanted to find out if we can organise a Facebook page for the 2021 Class and discuss important stuff before we start in Jan 2017.

I think that we should have a facebook page like the year above us
Reply 14
There's now a FB Group for the class of 2021
Reply 15
Original post by RG98
There's now a FB Group for the class of 2021

Share the FB web link, please.
Reply 16

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending