The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get an A at A2 with a B at AS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xChocoAlex24
The thing is I can't resit the French as the courses are changing next year. Let me explain, this year was the last year the 2008 specification would be applied, so I don't think I can re-sit it next year as it's going to be a new course

You can re-sit the outgoing specification. All the units are available next year for those re-sitting. The timetables for next Summer are already out if you want to check.
Original post by 26december
Yeah this is possible because it happens with me!
I got a B at AS Psychology (6 marks away from an A) and then this year I got an overall A grade for psychology.

As long as you just keep working hard and making sure you do revision and do your best it is completely within your reach to get an A overall! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thank you so much! I hope I get an A next year, we have coursework so I guess that counts to the overall grade as well😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone I was wondering if any of you could give me any advice.

As everyone knows, we have recently received our A-Level results, well I have received my AS results anyway.

I received an A in spanish, B in English Lang & Lit (new specification), B in French and D in Business Studies (but I knew I would get that so not dissappointed about that one).

So I'm quite upset about French as I believed I could achieve an A but anyway. I also got a B in English, I believe I got 57 points. I saw this year's grade boundaries and I saw that an A was 60 marks, so that A just slipped away.

So I was wondering if it was possible to get an A for the overall A-Level as I nearly got A's in both subjects and those grades are quite important for uni. I'm just worried of not achieving the A as French is my favourite subject and I was surprised at English (I finished none of the exams but still got that grade so wow I was quite impressed, I was expecting at least a C) thanks for your help!

Definitely. Plenty have done it in the past. Aim for full UMS in A2 and that way even if you get less, you'll still be well on your way there
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Definitely. Plenty have done it in the past. Aim for full UMS in A2 and that way even if you get less, you'll still be well on your way there

Wow thank you so much. Have you done English by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Oh yeah ofc you're going from AS to A2 (right?) I'm thinking you've got your overall grade and are wanting to bump the three marks up in order to meet a uni requirement (Idk why lol)

Oh no, I'm going into A2 yes haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by razzo161
Eaasy I went from D to A in A2 maths so B to A is definitely achievable

What modules did you retake? How did you plan on retaking and smashing A2?

I got a B in Maths for AS this year and also plan to retake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely, I went from a C to an A (with almost full marks on the resit) in sociology.
That made me feel better. I got a B in my AS Maths and a C in my Computer Science mock.
I'm going to work harder this year, and resit my Maths modules to try and get straight As. ^^
Original post by ipanda99
What modules did you retake? How did you plan on retaking and smashing A2?

I got a B in Maths for AS this year and also plan to retake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I resat C1, C2 and M1
AS results
C1-74 - B
C2-52 - D
M1-24 - U

A2
C1-90 - A
C2-97 - A
C3-82 - A
C4-63 - C
M1-84 - A
D1-74 - B

I REALLY knuckled down on maths in my A2 year. Doing C3 and C4 also makes C1 and C2 child's play.
Original post by aperture
Wow amazing - well done!! :smile:

Thank you!!
If I can do it in chemistry anyone can

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone I was wondering if any of you could give me any advice.

As everyone knows, we have recently received our A-Level results, well I have received my AS results anyway.

I received an A in spanish, B in English Lang & Lit (new specification), B in French and D in Business Studies (but I knew I would get that so not dissappointed about that one).

So I'm quite upset about French as I believed I could achieve an A but anyway. I also got a B in English, I believe I got 57 points. I saw this year's grade boundaries and I saw that an A was 60 marks, so that A just slipped away.

So I was wondering if it was possible to get an A for the overall A-Level as I nearly got A's in both subjects and those grades are quite important for uni. I'm just worried of not achieving the A as French is my favourite subject and I was surprised at English (I finished none of the exams but still got that grade so wow I was quite impressed, I was expecting at least a C) thanks for your help!

Yes easily, I went from averaging B's in my Biology AS to getting A*'s in A2
went from C to A in french, very possible

Quick Reply

Latest