The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

This is unrelated to the actual question papers, but did these papers count towards our AS only and we do a separate A2 next year (As part of the new A level changes) or are these papers half of our whole A level like it has been the past however many years. I read something about geography is a legacy subject and i'm not sure what that means as I just thought all subjects were on this new basis but after reading some of the comments i'm not so sure.

Any help is appreciated! :smile:
Original post by issydw4
Oh no, have i got this wrong then? I put we researched the area to find good locations and get a cover a wide range of area to get good results, also looked up underlying geology to explain and anomalous results etc

I also talked about researching the characteristics of the area so that we could see if it would be a reliable river etc
Original post by Cleggy999
I got a U in my mock too eyy

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, what about unit 1 mock? I got a D bringing it back to a grand total of an E! :lol::lol:
Laurenloops check the spec
Ive ****ed it on Unit 1 completely i should have gone a different order so i didnt do so bad but im retarded
Original post by Laurenloops
This is unrelated to the actual question papers, but did these papers count towards our AS only and we do a separate A2 next year (As part of the new A level changes) or are these papers half of our whole A level like it has been the past however many years. I read something about geography is a legacy subject and i'm not sure what that means as I just thought all subjects were on this new basis but after reading some of the comments i'm not so sure.

Any help is appreciated! :smile:

The geog exams you have just done (AS) count towards next years A2 final grade, i think its something like 40%
Reply 1086
Original post by jack_wild7
The geog exams you have just done (AS) count towards next years A2 final grade, i think its something like 40%

and if you are unhappy with either unit 1 or 2 marks you can resit them next year for a higher grade without re-sitting both... Which is a good thing.:smile:
Original post by abrack
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, what about unit 1 mock? I got a D bringing it back to a grand total of an E! :lol::lol:

Nope I got like 23 marks in Physical and Human combined, finished with an U, fixed my game though just before the exams and did a lot of revision.
Original post by Cleggy999
Nope I got like 23 marks in Physical and Human combined, finished with an U, fixed my game though just before the exams and did a lot of revision.

Same here too man. Hope it works out for you! :smile:
Original post by abrack
Same here too man. Hope it works out for you! :smile:

You too pal
Just for a bit of fun, Hitler reacts to the Geog papers!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbU1AZqoFkY
Original post by jadeyfletch
Just for a bit of fun, Hitler reacts to the Geog papers!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbU1AZqoFkY

Paper 1 wasn't even that bad??
Reply 1092
High for both papers i think, probably 68-70 for paper 1 and 39 for paper 2 for A

Really? Personally I don't think they'll be that high for paper 1 - the highest its been is 63 for a paper which I found much easier than that one. Paper two was relatively straight forward - it tends to stay within 30-38 max but i agree that that one will be quite high this year.
Original post by EME7
Really? Personally I don't think they'll be that high for paper 1 - the highest its been is 63 for a paper which I found much easier than that one. Paper two was relatively straight forward - uit tends to stay within 30-38 max but i agree that that one will be quite high this year.

I'm pretty sure the highest it's been is 75 or 77 for an A
Original post by amytse
CHD is a disease, like heart disease, its non communicable so it can't be spread by touch or like bodily fluids.

i wrote about aids is there any chance marks will awarded for any of it?
Original post by barnabydewhurst
i wrote about aids is there any chance marks will awarded for any of it?

0!
0!

oh dear
how did everyone do out of 200? :smile:
Original post by biologybuddy
how did everyone do out of 200? :smile:

I got 180 out of 200. Got 135 for Unit 1 which was an A and only 45 for Unit 2 which was a B. Got an A overall though :smile: Suprising I got a B on skills as I found the paper quite easy :/ How did you do?
Original post by stephen109357
I got 180 out of 200. Got 135 for Unit 1 which was an A and only 45 for Unit 2 which was a B. Got an A overall though :smile: Suprising I got a B on skills as I found the paper quite easy :/ How did you do?

yeah i got 53 in skills but i thought i would have done better, but i got 140 for GEOG 1 so i guess i'm happy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending