The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No chance
The call of prayer, although does admittedly sound fantastic, is clearly intended to dominate and create a sense of power, which it does very effectively. No way would I want to hear it in British streets.
Reply 3
Maybe in an area where the vast majority of people are Muslim (like some places in tower hamlets) it would be fine but I wouldn't want it in somewhere like central London or a non-Muslim area.
hmmm maybe they could have an app instead :dontknow:
No thanks
Original post by the bear
hmmm maybe they could have an app instead :dontknow:

They do. There are a lot of Islamic phones that have alerts for prayer and also point the user in the right direction.
Original post by Trinculo
They do. There are a lot of Islamic phones that have alerts for prayer and also point the user in the right direction.

there we go !

you wouldn't expect Saudi Arabia to allow bell ringing on Sunday for Christians....
It should be allowed.
Reply 9
What so every non-Muslim has to be woken up when they're trying to sleep so that a small majority can know when to wake up when they can just put on an alarm clock? I would find that extremely disrespectful.
If I'm not allowed to stick an amplifier out of my window, to blast Skepta down my street, then neither should any religion be able to systematically project their cacophony.
(edited 7 years ago)
OP, have you converted to Islam or something? :lolwut:
[video="youtube;fe8qRj12OhY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe8qRj12OhY[/video]

I'm ululating right now :sexface:
OMG White ppl tho

[video="youtube;c9Lf3yFbQts"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Lf3yFbQts[/video]

''do ur lalalal'' :perv:

Original post by saraxh
Username omg

:u:
(edited 7 years ago)
I completely sympathise with your petition. I believe that all religions should be treated equally- why should the Christian call to prayer be allowed (ie. bell ringing) when the Muslim version is not. I just wish the UK could become even more excepting of diversity.
Even though i am a muslim i disagree with this, people aren't allowed to play loud music in their homes without causing disruption to other people let alone having the call to prayer, its just going to conjur up hate which is just going to make matters worse than they already are, just be thankful for what facillities we already have, some countries don't even have that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
That would be awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As much as I'd love to hear the Adhan to remind me of prayers as a Muslim, I feel that playing the call to prayer loudly may irritate neighbours and damage relationships between Muslims and the rest of the local community.
Original post by catgirlcatgirl
I completely sympathise with your petition. I believe that all religions should be treated equally- why should the Christian call to prayer be allowed (ie. bell ringing) when the Muslim version is not. I just wish the UK could become even more excepting of diversity.

Because bell ringing doesn't feel like it dominates. The sound of calls to prayer are very dominating. The shahada asserts that there is only one God; their own. Do you think Hindus will be happy hearing this being blasted out?
'snowflakes chance in hell' springs to mind

Latest

Trending

Trending