The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol OFFER HOLDERS 2016

Scroll to see replies

Another way to make contact before Welcome Week and Freshers ....... and celebrate your results on Results Day ......

Use the hashtag #startbristoluni on Twitter and Instagram. UoB has set a Tagboard (https://tagboard.com/startbristoluni/236903) that will automatically display all Twitter/Instagram etc posts featuring the hashtag !
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I'm firming Bristol for vet nursing and bioveterinary science :smile:
I live with just my mother and twin sister, my mum has bad eyesight so doesn't want to drive me to Bristol on move in day. Do you think it will be a struggle to the coach/ train from London. Is anyone else getting public transport to move in. Also potentially my sister could have the same move in day as me which means one of us will have to move in the day after move in day, do you think we will miss out of anything or does it not matter?

And she's going to Leeds btw.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by studdybuddy101
I live with just my mother and twin sister, my mum has bad eyesight so doesn't want to drive me to Bristol on move in day. Do you think it will be a struggle to the coach/ train from London. Is anyone else getting public transport to move in. Also potentially my sister could have the same move in day as me which means one of us will have to move in the day after move in day, do you think we will miss out of anything or does it not matter?

1) Yes, lots of people wont be driven to Uni. Bus/train is fine but only take the bare minimum with you and go back home a few weeks into term to get the rest. Or you can get some heavier stuff couriered to you - look at Uni Baggage, DHL etc , it isnt as expensive as you'd think.

2) If you are not arriving on your specified 'move in' day/time, then you need to contact Accom and tell them. Yes, you will miss out a bit - but nothing crucial, if you dont arrive then.
Hi guys, I'm a 3rd year physicist at Bristol and wanted to wish all of you on here the best of luck for tomorrow! Whatever happens, you'll end up happy with the result (obviously that's a future at Bristol for everyone here).

If there are any physics freshers lurking, I'm here to plug the Facebook page you'll be using for the next 3/4 years: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1607343019558317/

Best of luck to you all!
Anyone else going to study Politics and IR with a year abroad?

Also, good luck to everyone getting their results tomorrow!
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck everyone!
I got in lads and ladettes!
Hey guys, I've just missed my offer of AAA (got AAB) and I am yet to receive any news!

Anyone know how likely it is they'll give me a place? Study maths and philosophy btw
Got accepted for Maths and Computer Science. Offer was AAB, with AA in maths and further maths. Achieved A*A* in maths and further, with an A in physics. :smile:
My offer for Economics with Study in Continental Europe was AAA including maths and I got A*AB (A* in econ, A in maths, and B in Spanish) and I got rejected. Is there any way to contact the university and ask them to reconsider?
Original post by SMR1997
My offer for Economics with Study in Continental Europe was AAA including maths and I got A*AB (A* in econ, A in maths, and B in Spanish) and I got rejected. Is there any way to contact the university and ask them to reconsider?

They wont reconsider.

They have had your results since Saturday and made their decision days ago. No amount of pleading will make them change their minds. All places are now filled.

Economics is a top course with a high grade requirement. For study in Europe you need an A grade language. You didnt get the grades they wanted. You will find another course in Clearing - or you can consider applying to other Unis in the autumn with a gap year. All is not lost, you will have a great 3 or 4 years at another Uni instead.
Does anyone think we will get a reading list? (English)
I have been accepted for Law and German, so happy! Anyone else doing law with a language?
Got accepted for BSc Psychology!!
Anyone accepted through Clearing - or got a late acceptance with grades below their offer?
Accepted for neuroscience! :smile: Anyone else doing it?
Original post by hansktla
Accepted for neuroscience! :smile: Anyone else doing it?

Yes. Hello. :smile:
Hii, was accepted for Anthropology & archaeology
Anyone else doing a similar course?? :smile:
That sounds really interesting! I didn't know that was even a discipline :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending