The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Commuting to Uni?

Hello guys I need your help. Would it be better for me to apply for accommodation at Kingston or live at home? I live in East London E4. Google maps tells me it takes me around 1hr 40mins to get to the campus. Is that ok or would I be better off living on campus. Please help.
Reply 1
Original post by Khoala
Hello guys I need your help. Would it be better for me to apply for accommodation at Kingston or live at home? I live in East London E4. Google maps tells me it takes me around 1hr 40mins to get to the campus. Is that ok or would I be better off living on campus. Please help.

I'm from E4 (Chingford) and I've decided to live in private accomodation/on campus.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Khoala

Hi :smile:
As said it would depend on what you are after. Either way you will have a great time at Kingston :smile: I would suggest looking into costs and things like that. I know people who commuted in their first year and are now living in Kingston and vice versa so you can always change your mind in your second year

Emily
Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Kingston University
Hi :smile:
As said it would depend on what you are after. Either way you will have a great time at Kingston :smile: I would suggest looking into costs and things like that. I know people who commuted in their first year and are now living in Kingston and vice versa so you can always change your mind in your second year

Emily
Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello. Do you know how far those people traveled to get to Uni?
Reply 4
I am going to commute when I start in September. I will spend 1hour 45mins each way on the bus, catching the bus at 7:17 to get in just in time for 9. Don't worry about it and don't let people tell you it is the wrong thing to do as everyone has different reasons and circumstances for choosing to commute. I know it will be hard work but is the best thing for me. In terms of expenses it will cost about £500 a year to take the bus whereas if I lived on campus that would be cost for the room and travel on top to go home at the weekends. You can always change your mind after a year if the first year is too much.
I also live in London but I decided to stay in Halls because its quicker but also largely because of the atmosphere but may change my mind in my second year,

Does anyone know which bus you would need to get to Penrhyn Road campus from Clayhill Halls, is there a direct route? Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by RachelS17
I also live in London but I decided to stay in Halls because its quicker but also largely because of the atmosphere but may change my mind in my second year,

Does anyone know which bus you would need to get to Penrhyn Road campus from Clayhill Halls, is there a direct route? Thanks in advance :smile:

Did you get allocated halls because you're an undergraduate? I can't get halls at the moment since I'm postgrad
Original post by uzoma93
Did you get allocated halls because you're an undergraduate? I can't get halls at the moment since I'm postgrad

Yep I'm undergraduate which is prioritised, hopefully they'll have spaces for you at the start of term , good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending