The Student Room Group

Ladies- Is it a turnoff that the guy does not drink and is a Vegan?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Personally couldn't go out with a vegan - probably couldn't even handle a veggie tbh. It's the preachiness and holy than thou attitude I find the hardest to cope with. *The not drinking thing I could probably get over, though if they didn't drink AT ALL id find it tiresome eg: if they turned down a tiny glass of prosecco at a wedding or something. It's like they would be doing it just to prove a point? I don't know. Maybe I'm just brainwashed in my flesh eating alcoholic ways!!*

You sure are!
I'd love to meet a vegan guy it's so rare and it's definitely attractive you must be so healthy, as long as you don't mind the other person drinking I wouldn't care
Original post by hbgeorgie
there are SO many more Vegan women than men, so youv'e got some good odds,
if any girl doesn't respect your diet then leave her and laugh as you realies you will live for 6/7+ years longer (proven) and won't die of cancer

High Five Dude!!!!!!
Are u vegan aswell?
I personally couldn't date a vegan, or if I did I wouldn't see it being long term. The difference in opinions in regards to food would be too much, plus I'm a big meat eater. It just seems like dating a vegan would be a little high maintenance and I myself am not really ready to accommodate it.

I don't mind if a guy doesn't drink all the time but if it's strictly no alcohol that'd be a bit too much. I dont drink a lot either but I do have a glass of wine from time to time.
I personally don't mind. I'm not into alcohol and even though I wouldn't turn completely vegan I actually wouldn't mind eating vegan meals every now and then.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Personally couldn't go out with a vegan - probably couldn't even handle a veggie tbh. It's the preachiness and holy than thou attitude I find the hardest to cope with. *The not drinking thing I could probably get over, though if they didn't drink AT ALL id find it tiresome eg: if they turned down a tiny glass of prosecco at a wedding or something. It's like they would be doing it just to prove a point? I don't know. Maybe I'm just brainwashed in my flesh eating alcoholic ways!!*

you're an idiot.

Yes you are brainwashed.
Original post by medstudent1010
I'd love to meet a vegan guy it's so rare and it's definitely attractive you must be so healthy, as long as you don't mind the other person drinking I wouldn't care

:yy: You must be a med student so i guess thats why you seem to think that its not such a bad thing contrary to some other girls . Yeah I'm definitely healthy and i very very rarely get sick like not more than 2-3 times a year so thats true i guess. Yeah i wont mind it as long as you're not getting too hammered :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I personally don't mind. I'm not into alcohol and even though I wouldn't turn completely vegan I actually wouldn't mind eating vegan meals every now and then.

Awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
Wouldn't put it quite like that. Bottom line is a healthy and enduring level of self-worth :smile:

I think i definitely do have high self esteem/Worth
:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all, not drinking in particular is actually a big plus in my books. But the only condition is not being pushy or condescending about his lifestyle.
Original post by maracatinca
Not at all, not drinking in particular is actually a big plus in my books. But the only condition is not being pushy or condescending about his lifestyle.

I am not like that at all so i should be good right?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Idunno99
High Five Dude!!!!!!
Are u vegan aswell?

Yes, (i'm female fyi - in case you thought otherwise with the 'dude')
I'll be honest... Don't drink, fine. Vegan? As a vegetarian, having dinner with a Vegan, bloody miserable as I hate tofu!
I've been raised a vegan(dont see a point in changing this as I've been like this forever) and i dont drink aswell let alone do drugs or smoke.Are these 2 factors turnoffs?

How tall are you?
no way cos I'm a vegan and I don't drink either so I'd wanna be with someone like me
:yy: You must be a med student so i guess thats why you seem to think that its not such a bad thing contrary to some other girls . Yeah I'm definitely healthy and i very very rarely get sick like not more than 2-3 times a year so thats true i guess. Yeah i wont mind it as long as you're not getting too hammered :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just about to start med school and I'm vegan myself so I'm quite educated on the matter and know that it's the best diet for health,the environment and the planet
I am not like that at all so i should be good right?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure, I don't see why it would be a problem.
I don't drink either. I'd never smoke, I'd never do drugs. I am, however, a meat lover. As long as the guy respected my choices and did not attempt to 'veganise' me, and was happy for me to eat meat around him, I would be absolutely fine with him being vegan.
Reply 78
Vegan?

I've been raised a vegan(dont see a point in changing this as I've been like this forever) and i dont drink aswell let alone do drugs or smoke.Are these 2 factors turnoffs?

I wouldn't think it was a turn off... tbh I'd be more worried you'd be turned off by me wanting to eat meat and wanting to drink aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending