The Student Room Group

My first choice hasn't replied yet

My first choice hasn't replied yet and I need to know if they will accept me as soon as possible because if not I will need to arrange accommodation for insurance choice and sort out everything for it. Should I contact my first choice tomorrow? When do they have to reply by?
Reply 1
Original post by ComputerCat
My first choice hasn't replied yet and I need to know if they will accept me as soon as possible because if not I will need to arrange accommodation for insurance choice and sort out everything for it. Should I contact my first choice tomorrow? When do they have to reply by?

Please check your email or junk email? This happened to a friend of mine, he did not make his first choice however they did not reply to him on UCAS track. what they did was they emailed him and offered another choice.

Other than that, i do not know how else to help you other than contact your uni like you suggested.
Reply 2

Contact the Uni! They can leave it open until the end of the month I believe with no decision.

It could be that they haven't received all your grades. It could be that you missed the offer and they're still considering whether to offer you a place or not. It could be that you missed the offer and they've offered an alternative course which they're waiting for you to accept or decline. Or maybe something totally different! Call and find out! Then update us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by liquidant
Please check your email or junk email? This happened to a friend of mine, he did not make his first choice however they did not reply to him on UCAS track. what they did was they emailed him and offered another choice.

Other than that, i do not know how else to help you other than contact your uni like you suggested.

Checked my Junk email and found nothing but thanks for the help!

Original post by JayAhm
Contact the Uni! They can leave it open until the end of the month I believe with no decision.

It could be that they haven't received all your grades. It could be that you missed the offer and they're still considering whether to offer you a place or not. It could be that you missed the offer and they've offered an alternative course which they're waiting for you to accept or decline. Or maybe something totally different! Call and find out! Then update us :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they left it to the end of the month for me it would be horrible as my insurance starts on the 1st of September. I'm going to give them a call today and i'll update with what happens.

If they left it to the end of the month for me it would be horrible as my insurance starts on the 1st of September. I'm going to give them a call today and i'll update with what happens.

Why haven't you called them already? Phone lines have been open since 8-9am yesterday - it's nearly 3pm and a lot of universities will not be working over the weekend.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Why haven't you called them already? Phone lines have been open since 8-9am yesterday - it's nearly 3pm and a lot of universities will not be working over the weekend.

I probably should have but its ok I got through to them and they just said the decision is pending and not to worry this isn't a no and to check UCAS everyday at 9am and 2pm and I should have a decision by the 25th. Hopefully I receive the decision before the 25th though as having 5 days to sort everything out for the other university is still quite a short period of time.
Check by logging into UCAS track, don't rely on email to come through to you.

Contact them directly if they still don't get back to you. I'd recommend doing this sooner rather than later as you need to remember that places are filling up at universities.
Reply 7
Original post by catinsomehat
Check by logging into UCAS track, don't rely on email to come through to you.

Contact them directly if they still don't get back to you. I'd recommend doing this sooner rather than later as you need to remember that places are filling up at universities.

Yea as I said above I got through to them and they just said the decision is pending and not to worry this isn't a no and to check UCAS everyday at 9am and 2pm and I should have a decision by the 25th.
Reply 8
Is it possible I could lose my insurance place while waiting for my firm choice to decide?
Reply 9
I'm in the exact same position. I've rang my firm everyday since results and they've told me all I can do is wait, but I don't exactly have the time to because I need to arrange accommodation for my insurance and I can't do that until I've been rejected. I'm really nervous about getting everything sorted out because my insurance uni stops taking applications for accommodation on the 25th and my firm said they can take up to the 25th to make a decision. Is there anything I can do at this point?
Original post by jermelle
I'm in the exact same position. I've rang my firm everyday since results and they've told me all I can do is wait, but I don't exactly have the time to because I need to arrange accommodation for my insurance and I can't do that until I've been rejected. I'm really nervous about getting everything sorted out because my insurance uni stops taking applications for accommodation on the 25th and my firm said they can take up to the 25th to make a decision. Is there anything I can do at this point?

You can always ask on Monday that they either accept or reject you within 24 hours.

If they refuse say you're going to complain to UCAS about the delays.

Out of interest which university is keeping you hanging? There's a few who are always trouble but it's useful to know if there are any new universities messing applicants around - we can caution applicants in future years to steer clear if they think they might miss their offer.
Is it possible I could lose my insurance place while waiting for my firm choice to decide?

No

If your firm don't pull their finger out by 6 September then UCAS will reject you and pass you on to your insurance. That place is guaranteed.

Very few universities/courses start on the 1st September, UCAS usually puts that as the default and universities don't bother changing it as they publish term dates on their websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending