The Student Room Group

Official AQA German AS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by theobsessedjuan
I thought it was bequemes because it said ein________then the word ending in -nis which implies that it is das. But because it is the indefinite article of das you add -s to the end NOT -e. You only add -e when it is definite article (das)

It was 'das ____ Hotel'... so is definite and therefore ends in e
Original post by celiajacobs
I can't remember it in German, but in English it was like "because the director is the central role on a film set they _____, that everything runs smoothly"

Yeah, I think its sorgen. I think I was stuck between the two aswell, but I thought sorgen made more sense...

Original post by Inexorably
Does anyone remember specifically what that sentence actually was? I'm 100% sure sorgen did not work in it but I can't actually remember the specific sentence :redface:
Original post by theobsessedjuan
I thought it was bequemes because it said ein________then the word ending in -nis which implies that it is das. But because it is the indefinite article of das you add -s to the end NOT -e. You only add -e when it is definite article (das)

it said das not ein :smile:
Original post by greentron6
Yeah, I think its sorgen. I think I was stuck between the two aswell, but I thought sorgen made more sense...

It's so annoying that aqa have made that situation though, because it's not a matter of understanding german, it's making a decision between two subtly different meanings and context😩
Original post by celiajacobs
It's so annoying that aqa have made that situation though, because it's not a matter of understanding german, it's making a decision between two subtly different meanings and context😩

Well said.
and yeah i'm still stuck on the same 9 words i remembered last night this is ridiculous i bet it's something incredibly simple like werden

wait was it werden, did i write "wird" somewhere...or am i dreaming

I've managed to remember it was an -en adjective; i seem to remember it was something to do with the clothing styles between children and their parents??? I remember den ____ (Kleidung?)Stil and i took a moment to think whether Stil was plural or not (then realised it didn't matter because den always makes it -en)
Hallo Leute!

How did everyone do? I got a B in my German AS (7 UMS off an A) do you guys think it's worth me getting it remarked? I got 60 UMS for the speaking and 93 for the listening, reading and writing. Because of the essay in the reading, listening and writing do you think I might be able to score 5 more marks and then get an A or is that too far fetched? Thanks all and I hope you got the grades you wanted :h:

And also, who's continuing German and who's dropping it?
Original post by TianaEsther
Hallo Leute!

How did everyone do? I got a B in my German AS (7 UMS off an A) do you guys think it's worth me getting it remarked? I got 60 UMS for the speaking and 93 for the listening, reading and writing. Because of the essay in the reading, listening and writing do you think I might be able to score 5 more marks and then get an A or is that too far fetched? Thanks all and I hope you got the grades you wanted :h:

And also, who's continuing German and who's dropping it?

Hey!

I got an A in German (180 UMS in total - 53 in speaking and 127 in writing, listening and reading).

I think its worth a try to go for a remark, although bear in mind that how exams are remarked has changed, so its less likely that your grade may go up.

Hope your other exams went well!

EDIT: OH and I'm planning to take German for A2!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey!

I got an A in German (180 UMS in total - 53 in speaking and 127 in writing, listening and reading).

I think its worth a try to go for a remark, although how exams are remarked has changed, so its less likely that you grade may go up.

Hope your other exams went well!

Well done that's amazing! Are you planning on continuing to A2? And I've heard a bit about the new a level remarking reforms which sucks... I'll still try as I have nothing to lose tbh.

My only other exam was maths which was 2 UMS off an A, so again kinda irritating haha but I'll live. How did your other exams go?
So pleased I passed German AS! I only got a C but that was better than expected regarding how badly I think the exam went. Very happy with my other results too. Hope everyone got the grades they were hoping for :smile:
Well done that's amazing! Are you planning on continuing to A2? And I've heard a bit about the new a level remarking reforms which sucks... I'll still try as I have nothing to lose tbh.

My only other exam was maths which was 2 UMS off an A, so again kinda irritating haha but I'll live. How did your other exams go?

Thanks. My other exam was also Maths. I got an A, which I'm very pleased about.
Thanks. My other exam was also Maths. I got an A, which I'm very pleased about.

That's brilliant! Congratulations once more :tongue:

Original post by ~Cerridwen~
So pleased I passed German AS! I only got a C but that was better than expected regarding how badly I think the exam went. Very happy with my other results too. Hope everyone got the grades they were hoping for :smile:

Congratulations! I know I felt like a disaster too after my German exams😂 All language are hard so you should be very proud of yourself :smile:
Reply 332
Well done everyone! I am dropping German for AS but am happy because I got an A (57 UMS on the speaking and 122 UMS on the paper) :smile:
Original post by nox1
Well done everyone! I am dropping German for AS but am happy because I got an A (57 UMS on the speaking and 122 UMS on the paper) :smile:

Those grades are amazing for both exams, I hope you're pleased with them, well done :smile:
Original post by nox1

Well done! :biggrin:
I got an A overall, which I'm thrilled with :smile:

My speaking wasn't so great, I got the exact number of marks needed for a B (I want an a* at A2 and I'm not gonna get it purely cause of my speaking fml), but on the writing I got 99/110 which I'm pretty impressed with :redface:.

I am continuing it next year ofc.
I got an A overall, which I'm thrilled with :smile:

My speaking wasn't so great, I got the exact number of marks needed for a B (I want an a* at A2 and I'm not gonna get it purely cause of my speaking fml), but on the writing I got 99/110 which I'm pretty impressed with :redface:.

I am continuing it next year ofc.

That's still amazing well done! I think you could definitely still get the A* next year
That's still amazing well done! I think you could definitely still get the A* next year

Thanks :smile: I'm hoping I can, I'll just have to put a lot of practice into speaking. I actually just worked out 99/110 as a percentage and it's 90% which I'm even more astonished at :redface:
Thanks :smile: I'm hoping I can, I'll just have to put a lot of practice into speaking. I actually just worked out 99/110 as a percentage and it's 90% which I'm even more astonished at :redface:

That's very impressive you should be proud of yourself, I've seen some people in this thread from quite some time ago going to a few German speaking courses so that might be useful for you for next year if you'd consider it :smile:
Reply 339
Yo, this is my first year at an english school and not sure how my 60 oral mark equivalent and 127 unit 1 mar equivalent fits into the whole ums thing and what is the max or where are the boundaries, and what is the points on the far right side of the paper?
Any help appreciated thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending