The Student Room Group

Help! AS grades

so i just received my disgusting AS grades:
A- english lit
B- maths
C- chemistry
C-biology

I am SOOOOO FRUSTRATED! please advise me on what I should do now, how can I show that I am worthy of being predicted AAA ? also I am dropping English lit, and you know about the new spec that bio and chem count for 0%, it's all linear. so I seriously don't know anymore. are there any uni's that are lenient on AS grades? do you know anyone with grades similar to mine who got into med school????????????????
Hi, I got ABCC too (A in bio, B chem, C in maths and history). If you arent predicted AAA this year then medical schools may not consider your appliction so I'd say smash your a-levels next year, get AAA then if you have to take a gap year you could find healthcare related work, travel etc... If you are predicted AAA, then this link could help on which med schools consider AS levels https://www.themedicportal.com/medical-schools-as-levels-2017-entry/
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Irukandji5
Hi, I got ABCC too (A in bio, B chem, C in maths and history). If you arent predicted AAA this year then medical schools may not consider your appliction so I'd say smash your a-levels next year, get AAA then if you have to take a gap year you could find healthcare related work, travel etc... If you are predicted AAA, then this link could help on which med schools consider AS levels https://www.themedicportal.com/medical-schools-as-levels-2017-entry/
Hope this helps :smile:

thank you very much, I'll just beg and beg my teachers to predict me AAA :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by papajani1234
so i just received my disgusting AS grades:
A- english lit
B- maths
C- chemistry
C-biology

I am SOOOOO FRUSTRATED! please advise me on what I should do now, how can I show that I am worthy of being predicted AAA ? also I am dropping English lit, and you know about the new spec that bio and chem count for 0%, it's all linear. so I seriously don't know anymore. are there any uni's that are lenient on AS grades? do you know anyone with grades similar to mine who got into med school????????????????

this is actually me ( i got 3 B's in english lit/maths/bio and a C in chemistry). My school is annoying so as grades=predicted grades. considering taking a gap year now
Reply 4
you dont have to, not if your school predicts you AAA- it can happen, just beg and beg them, show them that you are SO determined from the first few lessons, always go to your teachers afterschool ,that's what I'm doing.
Hope for the best for both of us :s:
Tell me how it goes.

also, if you are predicted AAA, apply to uni's that don't consider your AS, you know coz they have changed now - linear (thankGOD, that's when you know your blessed, we could have easily gotten EEEU)
DON'T GIVE UP (lol also saying that to myself)
Original post by papajani1234
you dont have to, not if your school predicts you AAA- it can happen, just beg and beg them, show them that you are SO determined from the first few lessons, always go to your teachers afterschool ,that's what I'm doing.
Hope for the best for both of us :s:
Tell me how it goes.

also, if you are predicted AAA, apply to uni's that don't consider your AS, you know coz they have changed now - linear (thankGOD, that's when you know your blessed, we could have easily gotten EEEU)
DON'T GIVE UP (lol also saying that to myself)

What worked for me when getting predicted an A from a C was telling them I was getting private tutors as well as showing mock exam results from year before which were As.
I don't know if they'd predicted you AAA from BCC, that's quite a lot higher. But try everything to convince them and then if not just reapply next year. best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending