The Student Room Group

GDL Preparation

So I am due to start my GDL at BPP, Waterloo in October. I have been told the course materials and books will be posted two weeks before my course date.

However is there anything I can do now to better prepare for the GDL, having not studied Law before?

Are there any particularly good recommended books that are outside the standard BPP reading list?

Thanks.
Original post by th833
So I am due to start my GDL at BPP, Waterloo in October. I have been told the course materials and books will be posted two weeks before my course date.

However is there anything I can do now to better prepare for the GDL, having not studied Law before?

Are there any particularly good recommended books that are outside the standard BPP reading list?

Thanks.

The course is designed for people who have never done law before. If you're keen to get started, start reading once the materials arrive. Until then, just enjoy your leisure time while you can.*
Reply 2
Original post by TurboCretin
The course is designed for people who have never done law before. If you're keen to get started, start reading once the materials arrive. Until then, just enjoy your leisure time while you can.*

Haha a lot of people have been telling me to enjoy leisure time "while I can". I take it the GDL is no walk in the park :smile:
Original post by th833
Haha a lot of people have been telling me to enjoy leisure time "while I can". I take it the GDL is no walk in the park :smile:

I wouldn't know, but it's not necessary for you to spend this time getting ahead. Your time would be better spent relaxing now and hitting the books hard once you have been given instructions on how to do so.*

Whether you find the GDL taxing or not, if your career plans pan out in the way you hope you probably won't be getting many month-long holidays again. I'd take advantage of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending