The Student Room Group

Chess games

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Electrospective
How good are you btw? :colondollar:

Idk lol. I know all the rules. I play on chess.com sometimes. Only played on lichess once but I remember it being a good site.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
internet randomly slows down while I'm winning against someone way worse, it shows their counter going down, it gets to 0 then suddenly their move is made, their time goes up, mine goes down, I make a move, my timer continues anyway, I time out, 107 rating points gone. gg lichess

sounds like cheating
Original post by john2054
sounds like cheating

how? :beard: Do note that I have unimaginably awful internet (right now 1.65 Mbps download, 0.39 Mbps upload).
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Yeah that's me :smile:.
Did he end up getting fished out or no?

unfortunately no, gonna reapply next year. Atleast he'll be fully ready next year.
Original post by RayApparently
Idk lol. I know all the rules. I play on chess.com sometimes. Only played on lichess once but I remember it being a good site.

You're just being modest...aren't you? :tongue:

I do! :smile: I played against K-Man_PhysCheM and won, did that count as my first round?

Erm...one sec okay :smile:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
how? :beard: Do note that I have unimaginably awful internet (right now 1.65 Mbps download, 0.39 Mbps upload).

could be that as well. but you would be surprised the tricks they get up to.
You're just being modest...aren't you? :tongue:

Haha. I know I'm better than plenty of people I know, but I also know plenty of people better than me. I really want to become properly good but haven't had much chance to play in a while.

How does this tournament work?
@Athematica vs @Kyx

does anyone know who won this?

x

Would you like to join the tournament thing? (it's not as serious as you think :tongue: )
If so what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert?

Haha. I know I'm better than plenty of people I know, but I also know plenty of people better than me. I really want to become properly good but haven't had much chance to play in a while.

How does this tournament work?

Okay so I try find you someone with similar chess abilities for you to play against. So shall I class you as intermediate? ('cause you're not a beginner and you wouldn't class yourself as advanced/expert...would you?)

Original post by EnglishMuon
x

Hey what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert? :biggrin:

I do! :smile: I played against K-Man_PhysCheM and won, did that count as my first round?

Hola what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert? ^_^

Okay so I try find you someone with similar chess abilities for you to play against. So shall I class you as intermediate? ('cause you're not a beginner and you wouldn't class yourself as advanced/expert...would you?)

I guess??? :redface:

I mean technically expert but thats debatable
@Athematica vs @Kyx

Would you like to join the tournament thing? (it's not as serious as you think :tongue: )
If so what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert?

Hey what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert? :biggrin:

Hola what's your chess ability level? Beginner, intermediate or advanced/expert? ^_^

I feel as though I'm still pretty terrible at chess, but hopefully I would be considered intermediate.
I feel as though I'm still pretty terrible at chess, but hopefully I would be considered intermediate.

I know what you mean, it's one of those things where the more aware you become of what the top standard is, the worse you feel lol

I know what you mean, it's one of those things where the more aware you become of what the top standard is, the worse you feel lol

Yep and despite the fact that I feel I have a lot of potential, I've never had to chance to really practice and get familiar with the game.
Yep and despite the fact that I feel I have a lot of potential, I've never had to chance to really practice and get familiar with the game.

Yeah, I wish I'd played more when I was little - I'd (hopefully) be a lot better than I am now. *shrug* Ah well.
I guess??? :redface:

Original post by EnglishMuon
I mean technically expert but thats debatable

Check the first post :wink:

Spoiler

1v1 me right now :colonhash:

Spoiler

@Athematica vs @Kyx

Yes thanks Electro i would. My score is about 1700, on lichess, but i think that can be deceptive. I have the ability to teach children chess, which i always think is the sign of a good player.
Check the first post :wink:

Spoiler

Expert lol, I have been forsaken.

@EnglishMuon You mind if we play in like half an hour? I just need to quickly do something. 10/15min timer game ok? Idk if there's some kind of standard rule for all the games in this tournament.
Yes thanks Electro i would. My score is about 1700, on lichess, but i think that can be deceptive. I have the ability to teach children chess, which i always think is the sign of a good player.

I have no idea what the number means xD
So....are you intermediate or advanced/expert? :rofl:
Expert lol, I have been forsaken.

@EnglishMuon You mind if we play in like half an hour? I just need to quickly do something. 10/15min timer game ok? Idk if there's some kind of standard rule for all the games in this tournament.

oh yea sure it'll have to be in about 10 mins though cus in going out soon.

Quick Reply