The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I will. He is scum and it is sad it isn't in Texas.

Big difference here is he doesn't justify the actions through trump unlike Islamic terrorists who justify their actions through the Quran.
If I go and murder people would that not make it safe to assume people on tsr murder people? No because tsr will likely of played no part in my motivation for the murder.
Original post by joecphillips
Yes I will. He is scum and it is sad it isn't in Texas.

Big difference here is he doesn't justify the actions through trump unlike Islamic terrorists who justify their actions through the Quran.
If I go and murder people would that not make it safe to assume people on tsr murder people? No because tsr will likely of played no part in my motivation for the murder.

When talking about why he did it, he cited Donald Trump rallies and BLM protests.
Reply 3
Original post by WBZ144
When talking about why he did it, he cited Donald Trump rallies and BLM protests.

No he did not he talks about attacking people at them, by your logic it is another murder by BLM.
Reply 4
That's the most Mexican looking white supremacist I have ever seen

Setting that aside, his comments and behaviour seem like he's off his marbles.
Reply 5
I dislike Trump but you can hardly claim the actions of one scumbag like this represents Trump's views?
Original post by WBZ144
Will the "moderate" Trump supporters come out and condemn him? Will they hold demonstrations to prove that they are not like this extremist, radicalised by Trump? If not, is it safe to assume that they share his views?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/white-supremacist-stabs-interracial-couple-after-seeing-them-kiss-at-bar-police-say-a7199501.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Asking if Trump supporters will come out against a brutal attack on an innocent couple is a disgraceful remark to make. Of course they will.

Do Muslims hold demonstrations when Islamic fundamentalists butcher and murder innocent civilians? No.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by jake4198

Do Muslims hold demonstrations when Islamic fundamentalists butcher and murder innocent civilians? No.

I hate to be that guy, but if you type in "Muslims against ISIS" into google news/images/facebook, there are a tonne of results. 30,000 muslims gathered in London just 5 days ago

inb4Ahmadiyyadon'tcount
I'm not a fan of Trump nor Hillary, but isn't it funny the backward logic and double standards people hold whenever these things happen?

If someone gets attacked, and the aggressor turns out to be a Hillary supporter - no news.

If the aggressor is a Trump supporter, then suddenly people judge the action of the aggressor on Trump's personality and his other supporters.

People seem to be more interested in what might be, rather than what happened, and judged accordingly.
Original post by joecphillips
No he did not he talks about attacking people at them, by your logic it is another murder by BLM.

If he was a BLM supporter (as opposed to wanting to attack them) then that logic would apply. He wasn't talking about attacking people at Trump rallies though.
Asking if Trump supporters will come out against a brutal attack on an innocent couple is a disgraceful remark to make. Of course they will.

Google "Muslims protest ISIS" or "Muslims condemn ISIS" and you will find many, many results but that's beside the point. The point is that if they are expected to hold protests to "prove" that they are nothing like their extremist counterparts, the same should apply to Trump supporters.
Original post by Another
I hate to be that guy, but if you type in "Muslims against ISIS" into google news/images/facebook, there are a tonne of results. 30,000 muslims gathered in London just 5 days ago

inb4Ahmadiyyadon'tcount

How many people have died at the hands of Trump extremists this year?

How many people have died at the hands of radical Islam this year?
Original post by Alexion
I dislike Trump but you can hardly claim the actions of one scumbag like this represents Trump's views?

I don't believe this, just pointing out the double standards.
Original post by WBZ144
Will the "moderate" Trump supporters come out and condemn him? Will they hold demonstrations to prove that they are not like this extremist, radicalised by Trump? If not, is it safe to assume that they share his views?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/white-supremacist-stabs-interracial-couple-after-seeing-them-kiss-at-bar-police-say-a7199501.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Why should they, more than anyone else, they are not responsible.

I'm as appalled and bewildered by the hatred of interracial couples as anyone.

But would you ask every muslim to condemn terrorist attacks? Would you say it's 'safe to assume they share those views' if they don't justify themselves under inquisition?

Why should only Trump supporters be forced to justify themselves as decent people?

You are displaying bias, it's as though there should be zero democracy and one side should be seen as having the monopoly over good and one the monopoly over evil, case closed.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Why should they, more than anyone else, they are not responsible.

I'm as appalled and bewildered by the hatred of interracial couples as anyone.

But would you ask every muslim to condemn terrorist attacks? Would you say it's 'safe to assume they share those views' if they don't justify themselves under inquisition?

Why should only Trump supporters be forced to justify themselves as decent people?

You are displaying bias, it's as though there should be zero democracy and one side should be seen as having the monopoly over good and one the monopoly over evil, case closed.

Like I already said: I do not believe that anyone should be held responsible for the actions of those who identify with them. I am merely echoing those who have demanded that certain groups hold demos to "prove" that they are nothing like their extremist counterparts and pointing out their double standards.
Original post by WBZ144
pointing out their double standards.

I could have no argument with that in itself.....
Original post by WBZ144
Google "Muslims protest ISIS" or "Muslims condemn ISIS" and you will find many, many results but that's beside the point. The point is that if they are expected to hold protests to "prove" that they are nothing like their extremist counterparts, the same should apply to Trump supporters.

You believe that Trump supporters have an obligation to hold a protest against a lone racial supremacist for injuring an interracial couple?

Maybe Muslims feel more of an obligation to hold a protest against radical Islam because Islamic fundamentalism has been responsible for over 10,000 deaths this year alone, with over 100 of which being on European soil.

I know you might not like Trump for his political ideals, but it wouldn't harm you to look at demographics of Trump supporters and you might find that many of his followers come from a minority background. 1 in 10 black Americans are Trump supporters, as are 1 in 5 Hispanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9AI-CPY4Y
(Look at the comments)

As someone who goes to law school, I find it remarkable that you have nerve to generalise an entire movement because of the actions of one individual. I'm fiercely opposed to Islam, but I would never put all Muslims in one group and I respect the difference between secular Islam and fundamentalist Islam.

Even in saying that, if you look at the views of Muslims in this country - 52% of them believe homosexuality should be illegal, 39% of them believe a woman should always obey their husband and 23% of them believe in the introduction of Sharia Law. If it was Trump supporters who believed in the aforesaid, the liberal media would be all over it. However, because it's Muslims, we are meant to dismiss the findings and not generalise against an entire people.

The double standards are remarkable.
(edited 7 years ago)
You believe that Trump supporters have an obligation to hold a protest against a lone racial supremacist for injuring an interracial couple?

Maybe Muslims feel more of an obligation to hold a protest against radical Islam because Islamic fundamentalism has been responsible for over 10,000 deaths this year alone, with over 100 of which being on European soil.

I know you might not like Trump for his political ideals, but it wouldn't harm you to look at demographics of Trump supporters and you might find that many of his followers come from a minority background. 1 in 10 black Americans are Trump supporters, as are 1 in 5 Hispanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9AI-CPY4Y
(Look at the comments)

As someone who goes to law school, I find it remarkable that you have nerve to generalise an entire movement because of the actions of one individual. I'm fiercely opposed to Islam, but I would never put all Muslims in one group and I respect the difference between secular Islam and fundamentalist Islam.

Even in saying that, if you look at the views of Muslims in this country - 52% of them believe homosexuality should be illegal, 39% of them believe a woman should always obey their husband and 23% of them believe in the introduction of Sharia Law. If it was Trump supporters who believed in the aforesaid, the liberal media would be all over it. However, because it's Muslims, we are meant to dismiss the findings and not generalise against an entire people.

The double standards are remarkable.

Trump's campaign only began recently and he has already been supported by the KKK and other racial supremacist groups. It isn't just one "lone" incident.

And those Muslims probably feel compelled to hold demos because they are being pressurised to do so by those same people who will hurl verbal abuse (or worse) at them on the streets. "Tell MAMA" has several incidents reported on its Facebook page every day. How many incidents like have to happen before Trump supporters can qualify for collective guilt as well? Is there a hate crime count with a limit on the number of crimes a group is allowed to commit before they start being held collectively responsible?

We do not have an official poll on how Trump supporters view race but the fact that his support is very low among ethnic minorities is telling. I have never heard of those poll that you mentioned but another shows that only 2% of African American voters say they will vote for Trump. And I already said that I don't believe in collective guilt for any group (including Trump supporters). The point of this thread was to point out certain double standards, as it is no secret that Muslims and at least a few other groups are told to take responsibility for the crimes of extremists.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/polls-2-of-african-americans-would-vote-trump-743778371888
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
Trump's campaign only began recently and he has already been supported by the KKK and other racial supremacist groups. It isn't just one "lone" incident.

And those Muslims probably feel compelled to hold demos because they are being pressurised to do so by those same people who will hurl verbal abuse (or worse) at them on the streets "Tell MAMA" has several incidents reported on its Facebook page every day. How many incidents like have to happen before Trump supporters can qualify for collective guilt as well? Is there a hate crime count with a limit on the number of crimes a group is allowed to commit before they start being held collectively responsible?

We do not have an official poll on how Trump supporters view race but the fact that his support is very low among ethnic minorities is telling. I have never heard of those poll that you mentioned but another shows that only 2% of African American voters say they will vote for Trump. And I already said that I don't believe in collective guilt for any group (including Trump supporters). The point of this thread was to point out certain double standards.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/polls-2-of-african-americans-would-vote-trump-743778371888

The Black Lives Matter movement doesn't feel an obligation to expose the radical aspects of its membership, such as the New Black Panther Party, so why should Donald Trump supporters have to expose the radical aspects of its supporters given that there are radical aspects of every political movement?

rgrgr.PNG
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest