The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clockwork-cards
Nah, it's fine. They generally can take up to a week or two to assign accommodation, and even then there can be changes. I got mine on Thursday and I have to contact them about moving because my health's worsened since I applied and being on the first floor won't help. :s-smilie:

Congrats on Neuroscience though! I'm in for Social Analytics :smile:

Social analytics sounds interesting! I'm sorry to hear about your health tho, hope you feel better before term starts! What's your accomodation?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Mysticmeg
I wouldn't worry. I haven't been given accommodation either yet. I think they said we should be allocated accommodation within 5 days and it's only been 2 so far.

Sweet, what course you doing?
Original post by Lfallon97
Sweet, what course you doing?

Psychology with a professional placement, so both of us will be using the new cubric building.:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Social analytics sounds interesting! I'm sorry to hear about your health tho, hope you feel better before term starts! What's your accomodation?

Thanks, I hope so too. I have to walk with a cane quite a lot though. They put me upstairs in Talybont South. I'm looking to see whether or not it would be worth changing to one of the private ones like Arofan house or something though.
Original post by clockwork-cards
Thanks, I hope so too. I have to walk with a cane quite a lot though. They put me upstairs in Talybont South. I'm looking to see whether or not it would be worth changing to one of the private ones like Arofan house or something though.

I would definitely check, it'll be worth it long term, don't wanna strain yourself too much x
I would definitely check, it'll be worth it long term, don't wanna strain yourself too much x

Yeah, I'm waiting to hear back from disability services to see what they think would be better. I'm hopefully going up on Monday to go have a look at Arofan.
I applied mid april and i just got assigned my accommodation now! i got talybont south,
anyone buying the freshers wristband?
Original post by sharna98
I applied mid april and i just got assigned my accommodation now! i got talybont south,
anyone buying the freshers wristband?

I've got the paper parties one since I managed to get one of the free ones when they were released, and I know loads of people who are getting it or have it!!

http://thetab.com/uk/cardiff/2016/08/18/whats-happening-freshers-cardiff-19448
This is a pretty good article to check out the different wristbands and events and stuff!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there any way to change what accommodation you were allocated? I got Talybont North and I simply don't want to accept it.
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Is there any way to change what accommodation you were allocated? I got Talybont North and I simply don't want to accept it.

think you should call up the residency office and try to apply for a transfer
think you should call up the residency office and try to apply for a transfer

I will, yeah. How is Talybont North, more specifically House V? Seems like there's a lot of difference between them and I have no idea whether my House is a good or bad one, and there's no indication of how big the room is.
Original post by GlenChloco
I've got the paper parties one since I managed to get one of the free ones when they were released, and I know loads of people who are getting it or have it!!

http://thetab.com/uk/cardiff/2016/08/18/whats-happening-freshers-cardiff-19448
This is a pretty good article to check out the different wristbands and events and stuff!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, after reading through that i think i might get a paper party one too, but theyre sold out!
have to wait until their second release for the fortnight ticker and it will cost me 44.53 LOL
I will, yeah. How is Talybont North, more specifically House V? Seems like there's a lot of difference between them and I have no idea whether my House is a good or bad one, and there's no indication of how big the room is.

Think google and asking people around here is your best bet, i got allocated taly south and accepted it asap, good enough for me
Think google and asking people around here is your best bet, i got allocated taly south and accepted it asap, good enough for me

No need to call, I've looked and Talybont North seems quite nice actually. Apparently the facilities can be a bit dodgy but if they are I don't really mind. The room size is fine for me considering it's £500 cheaper than Court, has enough room for my massive computer and dual monitor setup and that's all I really need. The close proximity to Tescos and all that will be great for when I need to do shopping. Should be able to finalize the application tomorrow or Monday when I can sort out payment with the person whose paying for my accomodation.
Reply 34
Hi!, I'm doing biomedical science with a training year and I'm at University Hall :biggrin:
No need to call, I've looked and Talybont North seems quite nice actually. Apparently the facilities can be a bit dodgy but if they are I don't really mind. The room size is fine for me considering it's £500 cheaper than Court, has enough room for my massive computer and dual monitor setup and that's all I really need. The close proximity to Tescos and all that will be great for when I need to do shopping. Should be able to finalize the application tomorrow or Monday when I can sort out payment with the person whose paying for my accomodation.

Is that duel screen mega machine for gaming? what do you play?

i got sorted into south, seems alright, i already accepted and sorted payment cause its coming out of my maintenance loan, im in hella debt
Reply 36
Original post by gamidia
hello guys , i ll start my course in september i passed my exams :biggrin: and i ll study mechanical engineering

Hye! I also will be studying Mechanical engineering. Are you gonna stay in the university residence or private accommodation?
Original post by Annerida
Hye! I also will be studying Mechanical engineering. Are you gonna stay in the university residence or private accommodation?

Another mechanical engineer here! Gonna stay in Liberty Cambrian Point which is kinda private accommodation but I applied through uni, what about you? :smile:
Reply 38
I'm gonna be studying Architecture :smile: Staying at Senghennydd Court
Original post by aquamelon
aah i'm doing the exact same degree! :biggrin:

Omg SAMEEEE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending